1078 users online (242 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Others at the house suddenly heard a bang from the kitchen where they had been arguing. The court was told that Ms Ahmed went to check and returned saying that Ms Wooding had stumbled into a door but everything was OK.

Shortly afterwards Mr Ali told everybody that Ms Wooding had left the house. “In fact Sinead Wooding never left that property alive, as the evidence will reveal she was murdered there,” Mr Campbell told the court.

He told the jury that she had been incapacitated and was killed later, adding: “She was stabbed several times with at least one sharp bladed instrument, almost definitely a knife. One of those stab wounds almost completely transected her trachea her windpipe.

“If she was conscious at that time of the stabbing, she would have been prevented from crying out, but she was also repeatedly hit about the head and those blows caused her skull to be fractured in several places.”

A Home Office pathologist concluded that several skull fractures were caused by at least one claw hammer.

Mr Campbell said that a blood stain on the cellar floor along with numerous blood spots on walls matched Ms Wooding’s DNA. He said that after being stored for two days, her body was “then wrapped up, bound with wire and carried out of the cellar late at night under cover of darkness”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...band-rf3fkpdfb

I thought the party was on the 11th and she was murdered on the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    I thought the party was on the 11th and she was murdered on the 12th.
    Hmm, not sure. It sounds as though at least the initial attack was during the party. Or maybe it was after midnight?

Unless I've read it wrong, or it's worded badly, I have no idea what's going on with the dates now.

Sinead Wooding, 26, had dialed 999 after her husband Akshar Ali, 27, had banned her from seeing friends and family, on May 13.

But by the time police arrived at her marital home in Leeds, Ms Wooding's body had been dumped in a nearby woodland and set alight, Leeds Crown Court heard.

[...]

Prosecutor Nicholas Campbell QC told the jury: 'At 11.30am on Saturday morning (May 13) the officer expected to speak to Sinead Wooding but found Akshar Ali at the address with Sinead's older children.

'He told the officer the other children were being looked after by his mother because Sinead Wooding hadn't come home.

[...]

'He told the officer that this happened frequently when she was drinking.

'The officer asked questions about the night the call was made and asked questions to the children.

'He spoke to his superiors and advised Akshar Ali that he should contact the police if she didn't come home within 24 hours.'

[...]

'We're all starting to get worried. Kids keep asking for you. Please come home or at least get in touch xxx.'

The court heard Ali frantically called and texted Sinead's phone after the police visit and also contacted her friends and family members.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4yi06cRYg
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    ETA: Trial details aren't being updated on Lawpages or Xhibit, it sounds like they're still on the Prosecution opening speech.

Aaagh! The 10th was the Wednesday.

Mr Campbell said Ali also contacted one of Miss Wooding’s friends and said she had not been seen since Thursday May 10.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...-her-1-8864023

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...-her-1-8864023

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Bland View Post
    Also, the IPCC are investigating:

West Yorkshire Police referred the matter to the IPCC shortly afterwards, as Ms Wooding had made a 999 call to West Yorkshire Police on May 10.

Today the IPCC confirmed it had decided to independently investigate the force's response to this call, and any subsequent actions taken by police up to the discovery of her body.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...rder-1-8597408
    Here Legally - it was said she called police on 10th (Weds).

So the party was on 11th (Thurs) and police showed up in response to her call on 13th (Sat).

Her body was kept in a cellar for two days before being transported to woodland near a lane in Alwoodley, north Leeds, where it was set on fire, the jury heard.

Prosecutor Nicholas Campbell QC said the body had been wrapped in a duvet and trussed up with wire before being doused with petrol.
    She told the jury the smouldering remains were discovered on Stairfoot Lane at about 09:00 BST on Sunday 14 May by students on a run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42029799

They moved her body to the woods in the early hours of 14th, following the police visit.

Sinead Wooding was planning to leave her husband Akshar Ali, who is accused of her murder.

"It was not a good relationship at all," her friend Anayh Makama told Leeds Crown Court. "He was being controlling."

[...]

Referring to Ms Wooding's relationship with Mr Ali, Ms Makama explained: "She was not allowed to my house, to go anywhere, or to have friends at her home. She had had enough and she wanted to leave."

She told the court she had gone house-hunting with Ms Wooding on 11 May, but that was the last time she saw her.

[...]

The court was also shown photographs of bruising to Miss Wooding's arms and eye that she said had alleged were caused by Mr Ali assaulting her.

The couple's relationship had soured following a disagreement over naming their baby son and Mr Ali's desire to take the child abroad, the court heard.

Ms Makama said: "They wanted to take the baby back to Pakistan but [Sinead] wasn't allowed to go. She was very upset. I told her to tell the police."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42029804

I wonder if that photo of bruising was taken by the friend or Sinead herself. Being doused in petrol and set on fire I'd be surprised if bruising on the body was still apparent.

Very hard to find decent reporting of this case.

Three witnesses today per lawpages. No reports that I can find.

I can't find anything from yesterday either. From today (I think):

Days before he is alleged to have murdered his wife, a man was badgering another woman for sex, a court heard.

Akshar Ali sent a torrent of texts to Amy Morgan, who was living temporarily with his best friend Yasmin Ahmed.

Mr Ali, 27, of Scott Hall Road, Leeds, and Miss Ahmed, 27, of Reginald Mount, Potternewton, both deny murdering 26-year-old Sinead Wooding in May.

Leeds Crown Court heard how Mr Ali sent a lengthy series of texts urging Miss Morgan to meet him for sex.

It led to a furious response from Miss Ahmed, who accused her friend of sleeping with him, something that Miss Morgan repeatedly denied.

She told the jury: "I have never slept with him. She is the one having a sexual relationship with him, not me.

"She was telling everybody that she had been sleeping with him since she was 15."

Miss Morgan rejected a suggestion by Tahir Khan QC, defending, that she was lying.

She added that she never met Ms Wooding, who had "fallen out" with Mr Ali.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-leeds-42084525

I wonder if this was premeditated. Strange to do it at a party when anyone could have walked in, but then again it would be unusual to have a hammer at the ready, in someone else's house, unless it was just laying around.

If there was a plan (which wouldn't surprise me, or at least discussed it) I don't think this was the plan.

They seem to have been acting on the hoof.

Maybe the hammer was used after the initial attack.

A young mother allegedly beaten and stabbed to death was "struck while kneeling", a court heard.

A jury heard that the cellar of the house had been swept and the walls wiped down.
    There had also been an attempt to clean up a large bloodstain in the centre of the cellar floor.
    Blood traces were also found on a mop head, a brush and other debris inside a wheelie bin. Ms Walton was able to link it to Ms Wooding via DNA profiling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-42114637

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast