1242 users online (176 members and 1066 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AR - Newborn had nearly 100 severe rat bites, parents charged, 14 May 2017

Newborn Girl Found With About 100 Rodent Bites Undergoes Facial Reconstruction Surgery

Emergency room nurse told investigators that the 15-day-old baby girl suffered bite wounds on her arms, fingers, hands and face. The baby had a one-inch wound on her forehead so deep that her skull was visible.

Charles Elliott, 18, and Erica Shyrock, 19, each face a charge of endangering the welfare of a minor.

Elliott’s mother, the child’s grandmother, said he told her a mouse bit the baby and that he was worried about losing custody. Elliott’s mother allegedly told him he should take the girl to a hospital anyway.

Investigators then spoke with Shyrock, who said she woke up to the baby screaming on Sunday morning and found her covered in blood. Elliott gave a similar statement, adding that when he went to clean up the blood, he saw rat footprints in the crib.

A doctor at Arkansas Children’s Hospital said the baby girl suffered severe skin deconstruction “from rat feeding,” and that it would have taken hours for the injuries to occur. The doctor concluded that the parents were either incapacitated or not present when the rodent or rodents continuously bit the girl.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rat-bites.html
    http://ktla.com/2017/05/17/newborn-f...ents-arrested/
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 05-17-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Who doesn't check on a 15 day old all night? In fact, why isn't the baby being fed every couple of hours, and probably in the parents' room.?!

I agree that the parents left the baby or were passed out on something. DO NOT RETURN THIS INNOCENT INFANT TO THE "PARENTS".

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Oh.....that is horrid and heartbreaking. Poor baby.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

How horrific..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It stated she has an older child who does not live with her.

This is horrible. This happened over the course of hours, and the bassinet was supposedly right next to them at night.

I hope to God that they will not be allowed to have this angel back. Let her go to a family that will love her, and put HER needs before their own. Plenty of people would be willing to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY GOD!!!!! And they are only being charged with endangering the welfare of a minor?!! Surely there is something more they can be charged with..I swear, I cannot even begin to believe this, a 15-day old baby being basically eaten by rats...can't comprehend it right now..

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Newborn Girl Found With About 100 Rodent Bites Undergoes Facial Reconstruction Surgery

Emergency room nurse told investigators that the 15-day-old baby girl suffered bite wounds on her arms, fingers, hands and face. The baby had a one-inch wound on her forehead so deep that her skull was visible.

Charles Elliott, 18, and Erica Shyrock, 19, each face a charge of endangering the welfare of a minor.

Elliott’s mother, the child’s grandmother, said he told her a mouse bit the baby and that he was worried about losing custody. Elliott’s mother allegedly told him he should take the girl to a hospital anyway.

Investigators then spoke with Shyrock, who said she woke up to the baby screaming on Sunday morning and found her covered in blood. Elliott gave a similar statement, adding that when he went to clean up the blood, he saw rat footprints in the crib.

A doctor at Arkansas Children’s Hospital said the baby girl suffered severe skin deconstruction “from rat feeding,” and that it would have taken hours for the injuries to occur. The doctor concluded that the parents were either incapacitated or not present when the rodent or rodents continuously bit the girl.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rat-bites.html
    http://ktla.com/2017/05/17/newborn-f...ents-arrested/
    How can they not know to check regularly on a newborn for one? If they knew they had rats and the grandma knew, someone should have called an exterminator b4 allowing baby to live there. Poor innocent baby

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyblueyez View Post
    How can they not know to check regularly on a newborn for one? If they knew they had rats and the grandma knew, someone should have called an exterminator b4 allowing baby to live there. Poor innocent baby

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    And if money is an issue, rat traps work well!

I'm wondering if or how the parents weren't bitten...

Quote Originally Posted by ts51 View Post
    MY GOD!!!!! And they are only being charged with endangering the welfare of a minor?!! Surely there is something more they can be charged with..I swear, I cannot even begin to believe this, a 15-day old baby being basically eaten by rats...can't comprehend it right now..
    Or that they waited for HOURS to take her to the hospital for treatment. Why you might ask? They were afraid they might lose custody. Does that make any sense to any of you?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by atm9533 View Post
    It stated she has an older child who does not live with her.
    And this one needs to be taken away
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

How someone can not dote on, nourish, nurture, love, protect and care for a precious baby, their own little baby....drugs...

It never ceases to amaze me, the forms of abuse inflicted...and these are only the cases we hear about.

Poor little baby couldn't tell anyone, call for help...this one has really broken my heart.

May this little one have hope and a new chance at a good life with a loving family.

Last edited by margarita25; 05-17-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Or that they waited for HOURS to take her to the hospital for treatment. Why you might ask? They were afraid they might lose custody. Does that make any sense to any of you?
    (&$^#@!!!! If I saw those people right now I'd punch em in the face, not kidding.)
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?

Quote Originally Posted by DatelineFan View Post
    And if money is an issue, rat traps work well!

I'm wondering if or how the parents weren't bitten...

I think maybe they weren't home.

But at the same time they are young parents and why are they living in a home that is infested with rodents? That is NOT OKAY. Who owns the property?

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    How someone can not dote on, nourish, love, protect and care for a precious baby, their own little baby....drugs...

It never ceases to amaze me, the forms of abuse inflicted...and these are only the cases we hear about.

Poor little baby couldn't tell anyone, call for help...this one has really broken my heart.

May this little one have hope and a new chance at a good life with a loving family.

The delay in taking her for medical treatment likely involved waiting to come down from being high. So very sad!!!
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast