917 users online (175 members and 742 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    333

    MA - Sriram 'Ram' Jayakumar, 26, Lexington, 12 May 2017

    https://patch.com/massachusetts/lexi...-sought-police

    LEXINGTON, MA Police in Lexington continue to search for a 26-year-old man who has been missing since Friday night. Sriram "Ram" Jayakumar left his home and told his parents he'd be back soon. He did not return.

    Jayakumar is described as a 5-foot-6 Indian male, wears glasses and is 120 pounds with a slim build.

    No clothing description was provided.

    He left his home around 7:15 p.m. Friday night and told his parents he'd return in an hour, NECN reported.

    He later parked his car at the Vendata Society on Deerfield Street in Boston and has not been seen since, his cousin wrote on Facebook.

    The car was found Saturday morning on Bay State Road near Silber Way in Boston.

    Anyone with information is asked to call Lexington police at 781-862-1212.
    Jill can't find last year's taxes either.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,531
    nothing new... looks like there are no other clues at this point

    https://patch.com/massachusetts/lexi...-sought-police

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...58754870811378

    ETA: vehicle found near the Charles River.
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    277
    So what's the theory? He drove the car from Deerfield Street to Bay State Road?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider92 View Post
    So what's the theory? He drove the car from Deerfield Street to Bay State Road?
    Or someone else did.
    Jill can't find last year's taxes either.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider92 View Post
    So what's the theory? He drove the car from Deerfield Street to Bay State Road?
    I believe he was headed to the Vedanta Society which is on the corner of Bay State and Deerfield--and the car was located on Bay State. I don't know why he would say he would return in one hour, though. From Lexington to BU and back would be at least one hour. Was he going to pick up something there and come right back home--?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    There may be a resolution soon. A body was found in the Charles River this afternoon at 3:45 pm; the location was very close to where he parked his car. There was a wallet with the body so there should be an identification soon.

    http://www.fox25boston.com/news/body...ston/524496193

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    277
    I find it sad that this case is getting a fraction of the attention that we're seeing for MD from Franklin, MA. This young man is from a very affluent community and went to Brown University yet I can hear a pin drop. Is this case being written off as a certain suicide or is there another difference at hand?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston,Mass
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider92 View Post
    I find it sad that this case is getting a fraction of the attention that we're seeing for MD from Franklin, MA. This young man is from a very affluent community and went to Brown University yet I can hear a pin drop. Is this case being written off as a certain suicide or is there another difference at hand?
    I am so sad about this! I just read about it yesterday. Nothing much at all from local news and it's been a week! I am just confused why there has not been much coverage.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMom View Post
    I am so sad about this! I just read about it yesterday. Nothing much at all from local news and it's been a week! I am just confused why there has not been much coverage.
    Yes it's awful. A white man named Doherty disappears and there are 50 LE agents looking and thousands of concerned residents and rightfully so. A brown man named Jayakumar disappears and people yawn.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMom View Post
    I am so sad about this! I just read about it yesterday. Nothing much at all from local news and it's been a week! I am just confused why there has not been much coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider92 View Post
    Yes it's awful. A white man named Doherty disappears and there are 50 LE agents looking and thousands of concerned residents and rightfully so. A brown man named Jayakumar disappears and people yawn.
    It probably didn't help matters when the original headline
    was "Missing Lexington Man Sought by Police"

    sounded more like a search for a criminal


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Yemelyan View Post
    There may be a resolution soon. A body was found in the Charles River this afternoon at 3:45 pm; the location was very close to where he parked his car. There was a wallet with the body so there should be an identification soon.

    http://www.fox25boston.com/news/body...ston/524496193
    The link below indicates that the Charles River body was "mostly skeleton" so hopefully he is not Ram.
    http://whdh.com/news/body-pulled-fro...er-police-say/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston,Mass
    Posts
    157
    http://www.lexingtonma.gov/home/urge...formation-call

    He left home, by car, with a heavily loaded blue backpack. Upon leaving home, he told his mother he would return in an hour.

    This is the only thing I could find..."heavily loaded blue backpack". Runaway?

    The body that was found in the river today was said to be "mostly skeleton". Could that happen in a week?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    277
    Runaway sounds a lot better than the alternative. I wonder if the Ramakrishna Vedanta Society is making an effort to find him?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston,Mass
    Posts
    157
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s..._grad_cou.html

    Poorna Jagannathan, the HBO actress, is apparently a cousin to Jayakumar.


    "Need your help urgently. Please share this in your communities. Please be on the look out and let the Lexington police know if you have any leads," Jagannathan wrote on Facebook.

    I don't see this post on her facebook? It's possible she wrote it on another facebook page....or did she delete it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston,Mass
    Posts
    157
    Nevermind....I found it, she has 2 pages. Unfortunately there is not good news in the comments.

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...7&id=539621096

    I have a feeling he was the one in the Charles....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast