Sale of Dog meat banned at Yulin festival in China

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Chinese officials are set to ban the sale of dog meat at the notorious Yulin festival, activists have claimed.

Thousands of animals are slaughtered every year at the event, which was founded by traders in 2010 hoping to boost sales. But a new Communist party official wants to change image of the city and turn into a cultural hub, activists told The Independent."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-festival-ban-china-authorities-a7741431.html

Major news for animal welfare. Now it is time to save the cats too as their meat will still be sold.

Tens of thousands of killings occurred in Yulin at the festival's peak, many of them strays and stolen pets, some still wearing their collars.

And then I had to stop reading.

My God those pictures are harrowing. I knew this was going on, but to actually see the pups breaks my heart in two. I agree, the same needs to be done for cats.

Now off to love on my goofy dog!

This I heartbreaking I am glad that its getting out there for more and more people to see and become aware. This is the only way to stop it and help these poor voiceless animals. There have been many activists in china recently closing up dog meat markets.. finally people are stepping up and doing something.. I rescue and I am a big animal activist and see many of these articles come through my Facebook.. and they have gotten much exposure which has helped the animals a lot. In Korea too the have banned many of those markets..I am happy whenever I read another one is closed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back