IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriffs Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

ISP page dedicated to the investigation (includes audio of suspect)

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #50
Thread #51
Thread #52
Thread #53
Thread #54
Thread #55
Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video

grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case. A search warrant was served upon the owner of the property (RL) where the girls' bodies were found. RL was taken into custody for an unrelated crime during that time. His statements to press and subsequent arrest for the unrelated matters are all open for discussion.

a. You may not outright accuse him of the murders but may make comparisons of his physical appearance and demeanor from MSM to those of the unidentified suspect on the bridge.

b. DO NOT post photos of random individuals to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

2) IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

3) Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers for 5he friends and family.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Shiressleuth, I hope you don't mind me quoting you from the last thread. Thought this was worth bringing into the new thread so more people see it. You're right, he could easily be in Illinois (or other states too). Good thought.

"Well done Dd for finding that out. I have discovered something today that could be relevant and I havent seen it mentioned before. That is that Feb 13 was an Illinois State public holiday for Lincolns birthday and the state line only looks to be about 100 miles away. So this guy could have been from over the state line and off work this day and decided to travel out of state to specifically commit this crime. Maybe he discovered it was a school snow day in Delphi with parents at work and it was that random. Its a horrible thought but I also thought about illinois bordering Iowa also. JMO."

Checking in for Abby + Libby. 🌻🌼

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Shiressleuth, I hope you don't mind me quoting you from the last thread. Thought this was worth bringing into the new thread so more people see it. You're right, he could easily be in Illinois (or other states too). Good thought.

"Well done Dd for finding that out. I have discovered something today that could be relevant and I havent seen it mentioned before. That is that Feb 13 was an Illinois State public holiday for Lincolns birthday and the state line only looks to be about 100 miles away. So this guy could have been from over the state line and off work this day and decided to travel out of state to specifically commit this crime. Maybe he discovered it was a school snow day in Delphi with parents at work and it was that random. Its a horrible thought but I also thought about illinois bordering Iowa also. JMO."

I keep going back to what the poster Nana said in the earliest threads. She made the trip to the bridge shortly after the crime and posted the pics she took. One of the things she talked about was how hard it was to actually locate the bridge as an outsider. She had a hard time finding it, even when she asked for directions from a local. Consequently, she felt that someone had to know these paths. From her post and others who have said similar things after going there in person, I tend to wonder if he may have some degree of familiarity with Delphi since the bridge seems to be a popular hangout spot.

Going off your train of thought though, it would be interesting to see if this was a guy who may have at one time lived in Delphi as a teen or young adult and moved to Illinois some time later. Perhaps he was visiting relatives in Delphi on his day off. Interesting theory that is worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep going back to what the poster Nana said in the earliest threads. She made the trip to the bridge shortly after the crime and posted the pics she took. One of the things she talked about was how hard it was to actually locate the bridge as an outsider. She had a hard time finding it, even when she asked for directions from a local. Consequently, she felt that someone had to know these paths. From her post and others who have said similar things after going there in person, I tend to wonder if he may have some degree of familiarity with Delphi since the bridge seems to be a popular hangout spot.

Going off your train of thought though, it would be interesting to see if this was a guy who may have at one time lived in Delphi as a teen or young adult and moved to Illinois some time later. Perhaps he was visiting relatives in Delphi on his day off. Interesting theory that is worth looking into.

Yeah, that is the general theory that has sounded most likely to me and that I always come back to.. That he knew the trails well from a history of spending time there but didn't necessarily still live there.. Having grown up there or visited often at some point in his life. Thank you for bringing that up again about the bridge being hard to find without prior knowledge of it. That makes me lean even more strongly towards this theory.

Imo
He lives there.

Yeah, that's my hunch too. I believe that he either still lives there, or he grew up there and has relatives that he visits.

I think he is still there.

I'd be interested to know if Nana used a map to get to City Park or just drove there trying to find it? And then what her particular issues were finding it?

No disrespect to Nana...The reason I ask is as a hiker locating trail heads and using maps and locating them should be pretty easy for someone that does that routinely.

Now BG doesn't look like a frequent hiker but he could have some experience.

Having said that I think BG is a local to the area not necessarily Delphi city proper though.

I have a feeling the problem was her GPS...they had redone Rt25 I believe and therefore it was sending her in directions not available.

I'd be interested to know if Nana used a map to get to City Park or just drove there trying to find it? And then what her particular issues were finding it?

No disrespect to Nana...The reason I ask is as a hiker locating trail heads and using maps and locating them should be pretty easy for someone that does that routinely.

Having said that I think BG is a local to the area not necessarily Delphi city proper though.

He looks more like a biker than a hiker.

I believe it was her GPS that kept trying to route her an unavailable way. Hoosier Hwy (RT 25) had been re-done sometime recently and she could not get to where she wanted by GPS directions.

I believe it was her GPS that kept trying to route her an unavailable way. Hoosier Hwy (RT 25) had been re-done sometime recently and she could not get to where she wanted by GPS directions.

GPS are not always correct. I had, what (for me) a scary experience. Flying from Australia to Dulles Airport and getting a taxi at 2.30 am to my friend's house and the driver's GPS led to the wrong house. Fortunately, I had seen a pic of the house on Google Maps and when he drove slowly, further on, I recognised it. About 12 houses away.

Imo
He lives there.

Totally possible (as are all theories since we have so little to work with, of course).

I keep thinking that he isn't still local, but then my mind goes back to those blurry images that poor Libby was brave enough to get... How his face looks in those three different images - To me the faces don't even look like the same person in two of them. I'm referring especially to the different appearance of BG's face in the first photo that was released, but not as widely shared, and the one where he is leaning towards the left where it looks like he is changing direction towards the girls.

I wish that that photo had been more widely shared. IMO it seems like it could sway someone towards thinking of someone they hadn't considered reporting before.

And there's loyalty...That is still in the back of my mind. If it were somebody's father, grandfather, uncle, good friend, ect. and the resemblance wasn't clear enough for them to strongly suspect them would they make the call? If this is someone who had always been kind to them...Would they really report it? Some people might. My guess is that most would not if it was a loved one and they hadn't seen or noticed something really obvious. And like others have said...Suspects' names have really been dragged through the mud in the news and media.. That would make it an even harder decision to report a tip.

All just my own opinion.. just throwing thoughts out there. I think him still being a resident of Delphi or close by is still really possible also.

True... And since our opinions have him pegged down to approximately late 40's on average... I'm 30 and remember about when a lot of people started having GPS, about ten years ago, and I still kind of thought maps were just easier and more reliable but somebody bought me one. If someone were in mid 40's or so they'd probably have more experience with maps than GPS. All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear