1250 users online (277 members and 973 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Timothy Guy, 18, Forsyth County, 6 Feb 1987

The Doe Network:
    Case File 86DMGA

Guy, circa 1987

Timothy J. Guy
    Missing since February 6, 1987 from Forsyth County, Georgia.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: August 8, 1968
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 210 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male . Brown curly hair; green/brown eyes. He has deep facial dimples.
    • Medical Conditions: Guy has a learning disability which causes him to behave younger than his actual age.
    • AKA: Tim

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Guy worked as a stable hand at the Sleepy Fox Farm in February 1987. He usually went home on the weekends. He moved to Forsyth County from Snellville, GA, shortly before his disappearance.
    Farm employees stated that Guy left work at approximately 9:30 PM on February 6, 1987. He was heading to his parents home. He was accompanied by a man known only to the workers as "Jeff." "Jeff" was approximately 5'10 and weighed 180 pounds. He had brown hair and a beard. "Jeff" drove a 1972 - 1974 Chevrolet Impala. Guy and "Jeff" left the Sleepy Fox Farm in the car and neither man has been seen again.
    . Jeff' s parents were contacted by the Farm Manager two days later when he did not return to work and his parents informed the manager that he had never come home.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning Guy's whereabouts or if you know any additional details about "Jeff," please contact:
    Forsyth County Sheriff's Office
    770-781-2222

OR
    Georgia Bureau of Investigation
    Special Agent Fred Stephens
    800-597-TIPS

All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number:
    M-701836753

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/86dmga.html
    Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Accident, perhaps? I wonder if it's possible that Jeff's car went off the road and fell into Lake Lanier?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    Accident, perhaps? I wonder if it's possible that Jeff's car went off the road and fell into Lake Lanier?

It's possible. It seems he was mentally disabled.

http://www.state.ga.us/gbi/missing/guy.html
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

timetravel is offline care giver of all stray and feral cats who come my way.
    have "jeff's" parents been contacted again? if they know his folks, then surely they know his full name? this is weird....

I think that is a typo, I think it should have said guy. It seems like someone took advantage of this young man, a serial killer, perhaps. I am convinced there was a serial killer operating in the 80's who prayed on young men.

That was my first thought, too, Danaya.

I just read an article on one of the serial killers and wish I hadn't...mind-bogglingly horrifying. It included excerpts from his autobiography "Final Truth"...Pee Wee Gaskins. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the site although someone else here did (that's how I found it).

On August 6, 2012, mother of two Tamala Wells drove away from her home in Detroit. She has not been seen or heard from since she made her last phone call at 11:45 pm. Her car was recovered three days later, 20 minutes away from her home. Friends and family members are baffled.

Consider featuring a missing person in your signature - a simple act that could get the right pair of eyes on the case.

Namus has no dental, fingerprint or DNA
    I wonder if any family could submit?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/528/2
    Trust Your Instincts

Bumping this case and wondering if anyone else has gone missing after encountering a bearded man named "Jeff"?

http://missingpersonsdata.com/usa/Ge...se-details/528

Employees at the farm told investigators that Tim was last seen around 9:30 p.m. on Feb. 6, 1987, leaving with a man named Jeff who was said to be driving a 1972 to 1974 Chevy Impala. Jeff, whose last name is unknown, was described as a big-boned, muscular person who was about 5'10" tall, 180 lbs., with brown hair and beard.

According to his family, Tim has a learning disability and therefore acted much younger than his age
    rbbm.
    Last edited by dotr; 05-10-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Is it possible that there was never a Jeff. Maybe he was made up as a cover for something happening to him at the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    Namus has no dental, fingerprint or DNA
    I wonder if any family could submit?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/528/2
    One year later and still no DNA, fingerprints, dental on NamUs. Hope they collect & update the file.

I'm going to try to do some newspaper research on this case, if there are any archives available online & keep the thread posted. As Dotr mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    wondering if anyone else has gone missing after encountering a bearded man named "Jeff"?
    and as Georgiagirl mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    Is it possible that there was never a Jeff. Maybe he was made up as a cover for something happening to him at the farm.
    Maybe there was a pattern of activity in the area involving any or all of the following: missing young men, any other encounters with a mysterious "Jeff" or some other alias, and also the Sleepy Fox Farm.

Cases like this, involving people with certain types of disabilities (learning, developmental) that make them more vulnerable always get to me.
    Visit My Blog: www.darksleuth.com

I will tell you, since I live very close to this area, that Forsythe county in the 1980's/90's was still extremely country and rural. A lot of farmland and not an overwhelming amount of civilization. Today, it is very different; very built up, subdivisions/commerical areas everywhere. If Tim is buried up there, he will not be easy to find. The fact that he hasn't been found after all the things built up there makes me wonder if he's there at all.

Is the farm still in operation? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything with that name.
    Was the farm even searched? It is possible that this Jeff person was made up and Tim never made it off of the farm that day.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by galateasca View Post
    I will tell you, since I live very close to this area, that Forsythe county in the 1980's/90's was still extremely country and rural. A lot of farmland and not an overwhelming amount of civilization. Today, it is very different; very built up, subdivisions/commerical areas everywhere. If Tim is buried up there, he will not be easy to find. The fact that he hasn't been found after all the things built up there makes me wonder if he's there at all.
    Thnx so much Galateasca for this info. Very helpful, thnx for sharing your local knowledge.

Haven't had the chance to do the news archives research I promised, will try this weekend.
    Visit My Blog: www.darksleuth.com

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    If everything was on the up and up... meaning that "Jeff" really was taking Timothy home to Snellville... there is no reason for them to pass the lake.

The quickest way, in 1987, I believe would have been a right onto Kemp Road, a left on McGinnis Ferry, a right onto Lawrenceville-Suwanee and unto Snellville. Probably 30-45 minute drive. Even if they didn't go that way there shouldn't have been a reason to pass the lake. They could have crossed the Chattahoochee River and gone in there. It's rare for cars to end up in the river... but it does happen.
    Atlanta... Making it easy to be nasty since 1847.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast