Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 86DMGA

TGuy.jpg
TGuy1.jpg

Guy, circa 1987

Timothy J. Guy
Missing since February 6, 1987 from Forsyth County, Georgia.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: August 8, 1968
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 210 lbs
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male . Brown curly hair; green/brown eyes. He has deep facial dimples.
  • Medical Conditions: Guy has a learning disability which causes him to behave younger than his actual age.
  • AKA: Tim

Circumstances of Disappearance
Guy worked as a stable hand at the Sleepy Fox Farm in February 1987. He usually went home on the weekends. He moved to Forsyth County from Snellville, GA, shortly before his disappearance.
Farm employees stated that Guy left work at approximately 9:30 PM on February 6, 1987. He was heading to his parents home. He was accompanied by a man known only to the workers as "Jeff." "Jeff" was approximately 5'10 and weighed 180 pounds. He had brown hair and a beard. "Jeff" drove a 1972 - 1974 Chevrolet Impala. Guy and "Jeff" left the Sleepy Fox Farm in the car and neither man has been seen again.
. Jeff' s parents were contacted by the Farm Manager two days later when he did not return to work and his parents informed the manager that he had never come home.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Guy's whereabouts or if you know any additional details about "Jeff," please contact:
Forsyth County Sheriff's Office
770-781-2222

OR
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Special Agent Fred Stephens
800-597-TIPS

All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number:
M-701836753

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index
http://doenetwork.org/cases/86dmga.html

Accident, perhaps? I wonder if it's possible that Jeff's car went off the road and fell into Lake Lanier?

have "jeff's" parents been contacted again? if they know his folks, then surely they know his full name? this is weird....

I think that is a typo, I think it should have said guy. It seems like someone took advantage of this young man, a serial killer, perhaps. I am convinced there was a serial killer operating in the 80's who prayed on young men.

That was my first thought, too, Danaya.

I just read an article on one of the serial killers and wish I hadn't...mind-bogglingly horrifying. It included excerpts from his autobiography "Final Truth"...Pee Wee Gaskins. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the site although someone else here did (that's how I found it).

Bumping this case and wondering if anyone else has gone missing after encountering a bearded man named "Jeff"?

http://missingpersonsdata.com/usa/Georgia/missing-recent/case-details/528

Employees at the farm told investigators that Tim was last seen around 9:30 p.m. on Feb. 6, 1987, leaving with a man named Jeff who was said to be driving a 1972 to 1974 Chevy Impala. Jeff, whose last name is unknown, was described as a big-boned, muscular person who was about 5'10" tall, 180 lbs., with brown hair and beard.

According to his family, Tim has a learning disability and therefore acted much younger than his age
rbbm.

Is it possible that there was never a Jeff. Maybe he was made up as a cover for something happening to him at the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Namus has no dental, fingerprint or DNA
I wonder if any family could submit?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/528/2

One year later and still no DNA, fingerprints, dental on NamUs. Hope they collect & update the file.

I'm going to try to do some newspaper research on this case, if there are any archives available online & keep the thread posted. As Dotr mentioned:

wondering if anyone else has gone missing after encountering a bearded man named "Jeff"?

and as Georgiagirl mentioned:

Is it possible that there was never a Jeff. Maybe he was made up as a cover for something happening to him at the farm.

Maybe there was a pattern of activity in the area involving any or all of the following: missing young men, any other encounters with a mysterious "Jeff" or some other alias, and also the Sleepy Fox Farm.

Cases like this, involving people with certain types of disabilities (learning, developmental) that make them more vulnerable always get to me.

I will tell you, since I live very close to this area, that Forsythe county in the 1980's/90's was still extremely country and rural. A lot of farmland and not an overwhelming amount of civilization. Today, it is very different; very built up, subdivisions/commerical areas everywhere. If Tim is buried up there, he will not be easy to find. The fact that he hasn't been found after all the things built up there makes me wonder if he's there at all.

Is the farm still in operation? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything with that name.
Was the farm even searched? It is possible that this Jeff person was made up and Tim never made it off of the farm that day.

I will tell you, since I live very close to this area, that Forsythe county in the 1980's/90's was still extremely country and rural. A lot of farmland and not an overwhelming amount of civilization. Today, it is very different; very built up, subdivisions/commerical areas everywhere. If Tim is buried up there, he will not be easy to find. The fact that he hasn't been found after all the things built up there makes me wonder if he's there at all.

Thnx so much Galateasca for this info. Very helpful, thnx for sharing your local knowledge.

Haven't had the chance to do the news archives research I promised, will try this weekend.

Accident, perhaps? I wonder if it's possible that Jeff's car went off the road and fell into Lake Lanier?

If everything was on the up and up... meaning that "Jeff" really was taking Timothy home to Snellville... there is no reason for them to pass the lake.

The quickest way, in 1987, I believe would have been a right onto Kemp Road, a left on McGinnis Ferry, a right onto Lawrenceville-Suwanee and unto Snellville. Probably 30-45 minute drive. Even if they didn't go that way there shouldn't have been a reason to pass the lake. They could have crossed the Chattahoochee River and gone in there. It's rare for cars to end up in the river... but it does happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered this too. Looking at aerials from 1988 of the Sleepy Fox, there was a large pond there. The whole area is a neighborhood now. That pond must have been filled in... I wonder if he could still be there.

Is the farm still in operation? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything with that name.
Was the farm even searched? It is possible that this Jeff person was made up and Tim never made it off of the farm that day.

The horse farm is no longer there. A giant neighborhood is there now.

The horse farm is no longer there. A giant neighborhood is there now.

I'm hoping they searched the farm before it became developed. I would think they would have come across remains if he were anywhere, where the houses are now.

If everything was on the up and up... meaning that "Jeff" really was taking Timothy home to Snellville... there is no reason for them to pass the lake.

The quickest way, in 1987, I believe would have been a right onto Kemp Road, a left on McGinnis Ferry, a right onto Lawrenceville-Suwanee and unto Snellville. Probably 30-45 minute drive. Even if they didn't go that way there shouldn't have been a reason to pass the lake. They could have crossed the Chattahoochee River and gone in there. It's rare for cars to end up in the river... but it does happen.[/QUOTE

That route may have been the easiest in 1987, but it would have taken longer to get to Snellville from Cumming. Your route is much more direct than taking highway at the time (Ga400 to 85 to 78). I have thought for years that "Jeff" was non-existent and that Tim never left Cumming and the Farm or the surrounding area. A young, naive kid who perhaps sees something he shouldn't- drug, cruelty to animals, bootlegging, guns, whatever....and is "made invisible" so that he never tells what he saw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back