828 users online (136 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

3538DFTN - Laurie L Sibrell

If you have a photo of the missing person, please notify us at admin(at)doenetwork.org

Name: Laurie L Sibrell
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: November 05, 1978
    Location Last Seen: Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee

Physical Description

Date of Birth: January 1, 1962
    Race: White
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 130-180 lbs.
    Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
    Eye Color: Blue
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Laurie was last seen leaving CY Market at 4:00 pm on November 5, 1978, walking on Hillsboro Road.
    Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Williamson County Sheriff's Office
    Agency Contact Person: Detective Beard
    Agency Phone Number: 615-790-5554
    Agency E-Mail: N/A
    Agency Case Number: 78110521475

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
    NamUs Case Number: 28556

Information Source(s)

Namus
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3538dftn.html
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

Please also consider when sleuthing that her name may have been spelled Lori Sibrel - I am pretty sure that at least the surname spelling is Sibrel.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynz View Post
    Please also consider when sleuthing that her name may have been spelled Lori Sibrel - I am pretty sure that at least the surname spelling is Sibrel.
    I think so too Sunny. I don't have newspapers.com account access but I found the original missing notice for Lori here: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112174469/

Here's what I can see from the OCR text there:

15 Year Old Girl Missing Lori Sibrel a 10th grade Franklin High Student has been missing since Nov. 5th. She was last seen leaving the C.Y. Market on Hillsboro Road at 4 P. tV. She is 5 ft. 8 inches tall, IX lbs, blue eyes, light brown medium length hair. She was wearing blue leans, blue shirt, brown shoes, brown purse. She resides at River Kest in r-ranmtn. it anyone has any information concerning the whereabouts of or what happened to Lori please contact the Williamson County --

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I think so too Sunny. I don't have newspapers.com account access but I found the original missing notice for Lori here: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112174469/

Here's what I can see from the OCR text there:
    Thee newspaper article says "light brown hair" Doe network says "strawberry blonde" Perhaps they consider it the same thing? I wouldn't think so
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

Most schools keep their yearbooks. I know my high School had them all locked away, but we got to see them once. Would it be out of line to contact the school and ask about it?
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post
    Thee newspaper article says "light brown hair" Doe network says "strawberry blonde" Perhaps they consider it the same thing? I wouldn't think so
    Definitely not the same thing but I really think some people don't know the what different hair colors are called. I have seen people described as having "blonde" hair when it looks more like a light brown.

Looked up Sibrel's in TN and there are a few... I found one that could possibly be mother. Living in Franklin, in her 80's. It also has the spelling Sibriel possible as last name.

FYI, I have submitted Laurie/Lori as a possible match for 'El Dorado Jane Doe' (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...10-July-1991-2) based on Gardener's sleuthing.

Over on that thread someone tried to find LS's yearbook pic but the highschool didn't include pics of her class that year and I think they couldn't find her junior high school on classmates.com to check there

FYI, I have submitted Laurie/Lori as a possible match for 'El Dorado Jane Doe' (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...10-July-1991-2) based on Gardener's sleuthing.

Over on that thread someone tried to find LS's yearbook pic but the highschool didn't include pics of her class that year and I think they couldn't find her junior high school on classmates.com to check there
    Thanks Sunny, you are awesome!

Most schools keep their yearbooks. I know my high School had them all locked away, but we got to see them once. Would it be out of line to contact the school and ask about it?
    Further to my latest comment - I don't think it would be out of line at all to contact the junior high and ask them. I'm sure it'd be of great value not just to this thread but to add to her Namus profile etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Thanks Sunny, you are awesome!
    I had a reply back from Namus that just said "Thank you for this information. We will intake this as a lead and forward it to the investigating agencies." So I guess if I don't hear anything more then we just keep an eye on EDJD's Namus to see if LS gets added as a rule out.

I had a reply back from Namus that just said "Thank you for this information. We will intake this as a lead and forward it to the investigating agencies." So I guess if I don't hear anything more then we just keep an eye on EDJD's Namus to see if LS gets added as a rule out.
    Thanks, I hope we hear something soon!

You all have got to excuse me... I am terrible at math and dates. If she were 15 in 1978 and i'm assuming in.... 9th grade? or 8th grade? Then her graduating class would have been 1981 or 1982? Trying to find a page on facebook for her would-be graduating class.

You all have got to excuse me... I am terrible at math and dates. If she were 15 in 1978 and i'm assuming in.... 9th grade? or 8th grade? Then her graduating class would have been 1981 or 1982? Trying to find a page on facebook for her would-be graduating class.
    Her DOB is 1 Jan 1962 so actually she would have been 16, almost 17, when she disappeared in Nov 1978. I wonder why it's reported that she was only 15? That's odd right? If she was in 10th grade at age 16 (going on 17) that would mean she'd been held back? One of the facts in the reported details must be wrong - either her age, her DOB or the date of disappearance. Wonder which it is.

I would have thought her graduating year may have been as early as 1980 based on her DOB but then if she'd been held back it could be 81 or 82.

I wonder why there's so many inconsistencies. Wrong hair color, wrong age... and barely any info out there on her! Could this be a.... fake missing persons case or something? There's facebook groups for the graduating class of 80 and 81. I tried joining but they probably won't accept me, maybe some of you want to try? I've thought about contacting the school but Im just a bit nervous, haha

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast