743 users online (95 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    http://www.onepaper.com/franklintn/?...al&p=47750&f=p

Practically everyone in Grassland agrees the area lost its best friend and most prized establishment when the CY Market closed.

Since the small market, owned by Jane and Mike Franks, closed about two years ago after some 30 years in business, residents say there isn't any one place to get ham biscuits for breakfast, Icees in the afternoon and see your neighbors, your kids' teachers and your veterinarian while doing so.
    Unfortunately I can't find a date on that article?? So I have no idea when the CY market closed, which might give us an idea when the video was taken.
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post

A youtube video created by Bart in remembrance of his sister. Includes some photos of them
    Thanks motorunner - do we know who the other girl is in many of these pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Wow. I know it's hard to tell from a picture of her so young but the way she squints her eyes in that picture and the long shape her face reminds me of Eldorado Jane Doe.
    I totally agree, I can't help but see a resemblance there too.

For comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    For comparison:
    I guess we just wait now to see if they're a match. I submitted them, plus also Lori's DNA tests are now complete in Namus so that would have hit on edjd if it's her.

Some more comparisons of Lori and EDJD
    Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 3.40.25 PM.png

The eyes yes, the chin no.....hope they are working on the possible match quickly...
    Still believe in the human race.....

Angry

I think it would be a craaazzy outcome if it were the case. I personally don't believe it is her, but they do have some resemblance. (or maybe my mind just reeeaally wants it to be) Either way, I sent an email to doenetwork, hopefully they can get Lori's picture up on the site.
    And Sunny, no, I am not sure who this other girl is. I didn't want to ask a lot of questions or get too personal.
    I tried finding any possible relatives or Lori herself on classmates.com in yearbooks, but I couldn't find anyone, not even her brother
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.

I think it would be a craaazzy outcome if it were the case. I personally don't believe it is her, but they do have some resemblance. (or maybe my mind just reeeaally wants it to be) Either way, I sent an email to doenetwork, hopefully they can get Lori's picture up on the site.
    And Sunny, no, I am not sure who this other girl is. I didn't want to ask a lot of questions or get too personal.
    I tried finding any possible relatives or Lori herself on classmates.com in yearbooks, but I couldn't find anyone, not even her brother
    You have done an amazing job on this case Motorunner!

I hope Lori is found. I think she is unlikely to be EDJD because of the handwriting differences and so but I'm surprised at how much she resembles her and when I first suggested EDJD it was only based on her height-- we didn't have any pictures at all. Now we have a bunch of pics and info, thanks to you and others working on this case. And it got put out in the Franklin, TN community for many who never heard of her. I wish her brother (and parents if they are still alive) would speak to the press about Lori still being missing. This November will be 39 years! Media always does follow ups for anniversaries like that. Maybe someone who knows something will finally come forward.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3538dftn.html
    We got Lori's picture on her page!

Good work! Thanks.
    Still believe in the human race.....

That's SO great to see, thanks for sharing this.

CY Market opened June 20 1966 and closed December 31 1999. (I was born and raised in Franklin)

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteKindOfNight View Post
    CY Market opened June 20 1966 and closed December 31 1999. (I was born and raised in Franklin)
    Thank you for joining us here! Was the CY market in a remote area or would it have been a pretty normal thing for Lori to have been walking to/from there on her own?

Do you remember Lori’s case from the time? Anything else you can share with us in regards to what kind of place Franklin was at that time etc?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynz View Post
    Thank you for joining us here! Was the CY market in a remote area or would it have been a pretty normal thing for Lori to have been walking to/from there on her own?

Do you remember Lori’s case from the time? Anything else you can share with us in regards to what kind of place Franklin was at that time etc?
    I wasnít born until 1987. My parents both lived here but on the other side of town, they never heard of it. My friendís mom grew up on that side remembers it well and says it was pretty usual to walk up there and get stuff. It was safe. It was a small town, everybody knew everybody and that was part of CY Markets charm.

My parents said that side of town was of a higher socioeconomic class generally speaking - working parents, new cars, new houses, etc.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast