TN TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
3538DFTN - Laurie L Sibrell

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

If you have a photo of the missing person, please notify us at admin(at)doenetwork.org

Name: Laurie L Sibrell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 05, 1978
Location Last Seen: Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee

Physical Description

Date of Birth: January 1, 1962
Race: White
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 130-180 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Laurie was last seen leaving CY Market at 4:00 pm on November 5, 1978, walking on Hillsboro Road.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Williamson County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Beard
Agency Phone Number: 615-790-5554
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 78110521475

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 28556

Information Source(s)

Namus
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3538dftn.html

Please also consider when sleuthing that her name may have been spelled Lori Sibrel - I am pretty sure that at least the surname spelling is Sibrel.

Please also consider when sleuthing that her name may have been spelled Lori Sibrel - I am pretty sure that at least the surname spelling is Sibrel.

I think so too Sunny. I don't have newspapers.com account access but I found the original missing notice for Lori here: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112174469/

Here's what I can see from the OCR text there:

15 Year Old Girl Missing Lori Sibrel a 10th grade Franklin High Student has been missing since Nov. 5th. She was last seen leaving the C.Y. Market on Hillsboro Road at 4 P. tV. She is 5 ft. 8 inches tall, IX lbs, blue eyes, light brown medium length hair. She was wearing blue leans, blue shirt, brown shoes, brown purse. She resides at River Kest in r-ranmtn. it anyone has any information concerning the whereabouts of or what happened to Lori please contact the Williamson County --

Most schools keep their yearbooks. I know my high School had them all locked away, but we got to see them once. Would it be out of line to contact the school and ask about it?

Thee newspaper article says "light brown hair" Doe network says "strawberry blonde" Perhaps they consider it the same thing? I wouldn't think so

Definitely not the same thing but I really think some people don't know the what different hair colors are called. I have seen people described as having "blonde" hair when it looks more like a light brown.

Looked up Sibrel's in TN and there are a few... I found one that could possibly be mother. Living in Franklin, in her 80's. It also has the spelling Sibriel possible as last name.

Most schools keep their yearbooks. I know my high School had them all locked away, but we got to see them once. Would it be out of line to contact the school and ask about it?

Further to my latest comment - I don't think it would be out of line at all to contact the junior high and ask them. I'm sure it'd be of great value not just to this thread but to add to her Namus profile etc.

Thanks Sunny, you are awesome!

I had a reply back from Namus that just said "Thank you for this information. We will intake this as a lead and forward it to the investigating agencies." So I guess if I don't hear anything more then we just keep an eye on EDJD's Namus to see if LS gets added as a rule out.

I had a reply back from Namus that just said "Thank you for this information. We will intake this as a lead and forward it to the investigating agencies." So I guess if I don't hear anything more then we just keep an eye on EDJD's Namus to see if LS gets added as a rule out.

Thanks, I hope we hear something soon!

You all have got to excuse me... I am terrible at math and dates. If she were 15 in 1978 and i'm assuming in.... 9th grade? or 8th grade? Then her graduating class would have been 1981 or 1982? Trying to find a page on facebook for her would-be graduating class.

You all have got to excuse me... I am terrible at math and dates. If she were 15 in 1978 and i'm assuming in.... 9th grade? or 8th grade? Then her graduating class would have been 1981 or 1982? Trying to find a page on facebook for her would-be graduating class.

Her DOB is 1 Jan 1962 so actually she would have been 16, almost 17, when she disappeared in Nov 1978. I wonder why it's reported that she was only 15? That's odd right? If she was in 10th grade at age 16 (going on 17) that would mean she'd been held back? One of the facts in the reported details must be wrong - either her age, her DOB or the date of disappearance. Wonder which it is.

I would have thought her graduating year may have been as early as 1980 based on her DOB but then if she'd been held back it could be 81 or 82.

I wonder why there's so many inconsistencies. Wrong hair color, wrong age... and barely any info out there on her! Could this be a.... fake missing persons case or something? There's facebook groups for the graduating class of 80 and 81. I tried joining but they probably won't accept me, maybe some of you want to try? I've thought about contacting the school but Im just a bit nervous, haha

I've never heard of CY Market, but I also wasn't around in the 70's and 80's. I wonder if anyone from the area knows where it was, what it was? I can find Hillsboro Rd., but not sure where the CY market would have been.

Her DOB is 1 Jan 1962 so actually she would have been 16, almost 17, when she disappeared in Nov 1978. I wonder why it's reported that she was only 15? That's odd right? If she was in 10th grade at age 16 (going on 17) that would mean she'd been held back? One of the facts in the reported details must be wrong - either her age, her DOB or the date of disappearance. Wonder which it is.

I would have thought her graduating year may have been as early as 1980 based on her DOB but then if she'd been held back it could be 81 or 82.

I'm thinking maybe her DOB of Jan 1 is wrong. It could be whoever filled out the online missing report in recent years did not know her actual birthday and put Jan 1 as a place holder. This is just a theory because I know some online forms will not accept a submission without an exact birthdate and Jan 1 could be a default date.

I wonder why there's so many inconsistencies. Wrong hair color, wrong age... and barely any info out there on her! Could this be a.... fake missing persons case or something? There's facebook groups for the graduating class of 80 and 81. I tried joining but they probably won't accept me, maybe some of you want to try? I've thought about contacting the school but Im just a bit nervous, haha

Thanks for joining the groups - if they don't accept your invitation, maybe you could even just message the admin and ask if they'd put a post on the page on your behalf?

I looked up the CY market and it was definitely a real place but not there any more I don't think.

Gardener, I think you're probably right about the Jan 1 birthday being incorrect. Isn't it odd that LS was obviously reported missing at the time (hence the newspaper article) but that there are then so few details for such a young girl.

Thanks for joining the groups - if they don't accept your invitation, maybe you could even just message the admin and ask if they'd put a post on the page on your behalf?

I looked up the CY market and it was definitely a real place but not there any more I don't think.

Gardener, I think you're probably right about the Jan 1 birthday being incorrect. Isn't it odd that LS was obviously reported missing at the time (hence the newspaper article) but that there are then so few details for such a young girl.

I agree, strange that we have so few details and the few we have are conflicting. I wonder who renewed interest in her case after all this time?

I sent a message to someone who graduated from Franklin in 1981. Who knows if she will reply or even see the message... If i find anyone else I might send them a message as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back