808 users online (83 members and 725 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Welcome bfletcher82! It looks like they found one:

Fantastic work bfletcher and gardener! I think the 'request' to the special collections may have been from the person who replied to my post on the city data forum - just based on the timing of his comment and what we discussed and then this post going up. I love that we're seeing a little momentum in her community to get people thinking about her again.

And of course, having a photo is brilliant!

Ok, so how we need to get her pic added to Namus and Doe Network. And also, I think the alternative spelling of her name as Lori Sibrel needs to be included on those so it picks up anyone searching for her by that spelling. I will take that task of emailing Namus and Doe about these matters unless anyone else has already contacted them? ETA: ok I got excited and have emailed Doe and Namus already.
    Last edited by sunnynz; 07-07-2017 at 03:33 AM.

Welcome bfletcher82! It looks like they found one:

I saw this last night before I went to bed!!! I was very excited! I got a reply from the historical society and they said they had no info for me. I too, tried joining the "growing up in franklin" group but have yet to be accepted.
    River Rest is located on Boxwood Dr. and is about a 28 min walk from where CY Market was located.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

Great work!

A fb page called "The Grassland Community" has shared the photo/story: https://m.facebook.com/GrasslandComm...?rc=p&__tn__=R
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Great work!

A fb page called "The Grassland Community" has shared the photo/story: https://m.facebook.com/GrasslandComm...?rc=p&__tn__=R
    Hopefully this will shed some light on this case!!
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post
    Hopefully this will shed some light on this case!!
    I hope the news picks up the story and gets it more exposure.

I hope the news picks up the story and gets it more exposure.
    I saw someone posted that they have a color picture. I wonder if someone could take that blurry black and white one and make it clearer? I'm not sure if Carl can maybe do that, it would really help if we can't find any more pictures.

Hi all, I'm new here. I've lurked before but this case compelled me to finally join. I hope I can contribute.

I live in Franklin. My daughter is a sophomore at FHS. I'm very familiar with the area. This is the first case I've been actively involved in besides reading or listening to podcasts, so I have no idea how it works. What can I do?

I did not grow up or go to school here, but I know plenty of folks who did. No one seems to remember this case so far. Would love to help if I can. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Curiousme91 View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here. I've lurked before but this case compelled me to finally join. I hope I can contribute.

I live in Franklin. My daughter is a sophomore at FHS. I'm very familiar with the area. This is the first case I've been actively involved in besides reading or listening to podcasts, so I have no idea how it works. What can I do?

I did not grow up or go to school here, but I know plenty of folks who did. No one seems to remember this case so far. Would love to help if I can. Thanks!
    Welcome Curiousme91!!

If you have a FB, maybe you could share Laurie's picture and maybe one of the locals might remember her?

Welcome Curiousme91!

Since your daughter goes to the school would you mind checking the school library for old yearbook photos of Lori? A lot of schools keep copies of the yearbooks. It would be awesome if we could get a better picture of her.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Welcome Curiousme91!!

If you have a FB, maybe you could share Laurie's picture and maybe one of the locals might remember her?
    Thanks! I shared the flyer yesterday, but no comments yet.

Welcome Curiousme91!

Since your daughter goes to the school would you mind checking the school library for old yearbook photos of Lori? A lot of schools keep copies of the yearbooks. It would be awesome if we could get a better picture of her.
    Thanks for the welcome
    I read somewhere the yearbooks had been checked, but no pics of her were found?? I might go over and check again. I can also check the middle school she would've gone to, if she lived in River Rest at that time. I have another daughter that goes to Grassland Middle.

Thanks for the welcome
    I read somewhere the yearbooks had been checked, but no pics of her were found?? I might go over and check again. I can also check the middle school she would've gone to, if she lived in River Rest at that time. I have another daughter that goes to Grassland Middle.
    Yes, I think we may have to find a middle school picture of her. Thank you for checking!

Welcome!!! Perhaps you could ask, if any of your friends/family/ people you socialize with if they are familiar with the case or if they remember it. Her photo must be in the middle school book, it seems so strange no one can find a yearbook pic for her yet!

Welcome! Another thing you could do if you get a chance is to check the newspaper from that time and see if there are any more in-depth articles (other than just the missing person flyer) that might have any more detail around what they think may have happened to her?

Great work!

A lot of very interesting comments on that post!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast