622 users online (93 members and 529 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Police find toddler locked in cage, newborn alone in house, 17 May 2017

Police in Pennsylvania say a 22-month-old boy has been found locked inside a makeshift wooden cage while his day-old sister and 1-year-old brother were found alone in the same house.

Troopers acting on a tip arrived at the North Manheim Township home of 37-year-old Cecil Kutz on Wednesday afternoon.

Police found a 1-year-old boy in a playpen, a 1-day-old girl in a baby seat and the toddler inside a makeshift cage made of plywood and wooden lattice, locked from the outside.

Police arrested Kutz on child endangerment charges when he returned home. He remained jailed Thursday and didn't yet have an attorney.

Police say the children's mother is hospitalized with complications from the youngest child's birth.

The children were placed in county custody.

http://www.whio.com/news/national/po...eWghWjoil5esM/

Thankful for the person who called in the tip to the police.

Prayers of gratitude that the children are alive and are safe now.
    for there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.” ― Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Absolutely terrible stories this morning. My goodness, I hope these little ones are placed with someone who will love them well!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Troopers acting on a tip arrived at the North Manheim Township, Schuylkill County home of 37-year-old Cecil Kutz on Wednesday afternoon.

Action News has learned Kutz is the father of those children, and their mother is the one who contacted police.

http://6abc.com/news/police-toddler-...-home/2007956/

Article says the mother is hospitalized because of complications from the newborn's birth. And that this is not a one time deal, it is dad's "regular" practice to lock up the 22 month old.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-toddler-caged

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...422979294.html

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Pen...422965744.html
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I hope they don't decide he needs parenting classes and then have him reunite with the family.

The mother might retain the children, but she went along with the cage. So she needs help as well.

I am afraid for these children. Three little children -- overwhelming. I hope they stop having kids

Kutz was arraigned with bail set at $250,000 which he was unable to post. He was then committed to the Schuylkill County Prison.

http://www.ldnews.com/story/news/cri...age/329765001/

Mom had the baby at home but only took herself to the hospital??

PA - Police find toddler locked in cage, newborn alone in house, 17 May 2017

One story said that the mother gave birth at home, had bleeding and went by ambulance the next day to hospital. Hospital asked where the baby was and she said at home. Hospital tipped police

There is also a 5 year old that isn't mentioned. Perhaps he was in school or mother didn't have custody
    Last edited by freckles; 05-18-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowMom01 View Post
    Mom had the baby at home but only took herself to the hospital??
    Ok, wow. I was trying to figure out how a hospital would send a 1 day old baby home while mom was still there. That made no sense to me.

But what they found at that house makes no sense either...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    One story said that the mother gave birth at home, had bleeding and went by ambulance the next day to hospital. Hospital asked where the baby was and she said at home. Hospital tipped police

There is also a 5 year old that isn't mentioned. Perhaps he was in school or mother didn't have custody
    My first thought was why didn't they take the baby in the ambulance with Mom to the hospital? She would have to nurse. But, I guess hospitals aren't in the child care business.

I'm horrified at the stories we are seeing this week. Why do these people have children?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

I hope that baby didn't have to suffer withdrawals from anything after birth. Most newborns who are exposed to drugs during the pregnancy need NICU care to help with the withdraw symptoms.

I wonder if the EMTs knew she had given birth? Did she conceal the baby? I can't imagine well trained EMTs not asking to at least see the baby...maybe she looked good.

What?!! I hope we get more info in an accurate update..mom has baby at home without assistance?! Goes to hospital the next day, Dad puts one in a cage, one in a playpen, and a 1-day old baby in a seat and leaves. I agree..the stories this week of children are just heartbreaking!!!! WTH?!!! I guess we can be thankful that there weren't any rats that we know of...unbelievable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    My first thought was why didn't they take the baby in the ambulance with Mom to the hospital? She would have to nurse. But, I guess hospitals aren't in the child care business.

I'm horrified at the stories we are seeing this week. Why do these people have children?
    She wouldn't necessarily have to nurse. Many women don't for many different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PowMom01 View Post
    I hope that baby didn't have to suffer withdrawals from anything after birth. Most newborns who are exposed to drugs during the pregnancy need NICU care to help with the withdraw symptoms.

I wonder if the EMTs knew she had given birth? Did she conceal the baby? I can't imagine well trained EMTs not asking to at least see the baby...maybe she looked good.
    I'm not defending these people at all, but plenty of moms deliver at home. It wouldn't be my personal choice. But perhaps the EMTs felt the baby was healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post

I had the same initial thought, but then upon thinking more, I guess the baby would have to be checked in as a patient if she had brought the baby?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast