Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
04b50225c4bb1ee9bdf4c783e536091a.jpg

SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MISSING BOY AFTER FATHER'S ARREST IN SOUTH PASADENA

April 23, 2017

The search continued Sunday for a 5-year-old boy who was reported missing after his father was found unconscious at a park in South Pasadena Saturday morning.

The father, 35-year-old Aramazd Andressian, was arrested after an hours-long investigation on suspicion of child abduction and child endangerment, police said.

[...]

Police Chief Art Miller said around 6:30 a.m. Saturday, the fire department received calls regarding a man passed out near a car in Arroyo Park. The man, later identified as Andressian, was then taken to a hospital.

South Pasadena police then responded to the scene and impounded the vehicle. Around 9 a.m., a mother called San Marino police and told them her husband had not exchanged their child as they had scheduled to do in the city.

She provided police with information and they were able to connect the impounded car to Andressian. Authorities said the couple are in the process of divorce and a custody battle.

The child, named Aramazd Andressian Jr., may have been in the car with his father, but authorities said the child's father went back and forth on that information during questioning.

[...]

The little boy is described as weighing 55 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a turquoise shirt and plaid shorts. He has a small mole on the bottom of his right shoulder.

[...]

In an earlier Facebook post, the department posted that Aramazd Andressian Jr. was last seen over a Skype broadcast on Tuesday by his mother.

Sheriff’s deputies call off search for missing boy at South Pasadena park

May 18, 2017

A tip led to 80 deputies and officers to search a local park Thursday for a 5-year-old South Pasadena boy who has been missing for nearly a month.

They used a drone as well as five scent and cadaver dogs, but didn’t find anything, according to Nicole Nishida, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

[...]

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday doubled the reward in the case from $10,000 to $20,000.

[...]

The boy’s father, Aramazd Andressian Sr., was found unconsciousness next to his car at Arroyo Park around 6:30 a.m. on April 22. His son wasn’t with him.

The father admitted to taking a prescription drug but told detectives he doesn’t remember what happened until he woke up at a hospital, according to Sheriff’s Lt. Joe Mendoza.

Mendoza said the car’s interior was doused in gasoline. He added that officers also found a gas can and matches in the car as well as a rag stuffed in the car’s gas tank.

Andressian Sr.. was supposed to turn over his son to his estranged wife the morning of April 22. When he didn’t show up for the custody exchange, Estevez reported her son missing to San Marino Police.

Law enforcement searched the park that weekend but didn’t find the boy.

South Pasadena police arrested the father on suspicion of child endangerment on April 22, but he was released three days later after detectives decided not to present a case to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Investigators still deem him a person of interest.

[...]

The last verified sighting of Andressian Jr. was around 1 a.m. April 21 at Disneyland, according to Mendoza. He said the father, two relatives and the boy went to the theme park the night of April 20.

Previous Thread - Thread #1

Not long ago there was a teenage boy who fell into the wash in Pacoima and was found in Los Feliz I believe. This search is likely to start heading down the Arroyo to Elysian Park after the dog's reaction to the drainage ditch.

Looking at that picture of his adorable face just kills me every time. :cry:

Pencilskirt said:
Check out the path that the Arroyo drainage ditch leads to-to Elysian Park: www.arroyoseco.org/riverparks.htm

Seems like if the dog hit, they should look further down. And God willing find nothing because he's alive and well.
Not long ago there was a teenage boy who fell into the wash in Pacoima and was found in Los Feliz I believe. This search is likely to start heading down the Arroyo to Elysian Park after the dog's reaction to the drainage ditch.
Thank you. Very informative.

:welcome4:

riverparksmap.jpg

AA Jr's story is on Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield tonight on HLN.

[emoji17] the dog signaling has to mean something significant. Ugh I did not want him to be found this way, but it is looking more and more likely that he will not be found alive, so I wish he would be found soon to give his poor mom some closure [emoji17] it hurts to even type that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I believe the Arroyo Seco (stream?) connects to the L.A. River at the Arroyo Seco Confluence. I don't think it could flow into Elysian Park because it would have to go uphill from the west side of the L.A. River.

Image from Google Maps: That's the 110 going NE/SW, and the 5 going NW/SE. Arroyo Seco Confluence is near where the L.A. River goes under the 110. Elysian park is to the west.
attachment.php

The appearance and water level of the L.A. River in NE Los Angeles can vary a lot. Some places are overgrown with vegetation and have a decent amount of water, and in other places it's a mere trickle, surrounded by bare concrete. There are also several homeless encampments along the river, and several bridges that cross it. (My personal observations.)

I don't know about the Arroyo Seco, but when it comes to the L.A. River, I don't think something could be swept too far south without someone taking notice.

[By the way— Hi! Long-time lurker, first time poster. Please let me know if I do something wrong.]

Attachments

• ArroyoSecoConfluence.jpg
    ArroyoSecoConfluence.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,625
Local insight is really valuable and appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome. And good observations! I was reading the watershed info for Arroyo without knowing too much about the actual drainage and where it connected to the LA River.

There are local news outlets wherein LE states they were suspicious that scratches and cuts on Sr's head may have been self-inflicted. Not giving up hope that this is still an elaborate abduction rouse. Seems like that was first instincts (passport checks) and even relevant to mom's recent press conference. Flyers were distributed at my local Starbucks, which has a large Armenian community-seems like there has been hope that he's being hidden by relatives that I still want to cling to.

I know I've got my eyes peeled.

Another thought: Sr has access to drugs that aren't his and presumably hasn't worked in a few months since being let go from...ITT was it...? Perhaps he owes someone money and this truly was an abduction?

Anything is possible, except that IMO. I feel if Sr. didn't know where Ara is, he'd be the one most adamant and vocal about looking for him. He has participated in zero public events seeking the whereabouts of little Ara.

It doesn't appear this "credible tip" was all that credible if they found nothing at the park. :(

I believe that Dads act of passing out and burning the car was just an excuse to not be at the police station to meet mom. He did something with/to Ara Jr and needed an excuse to get out of meeting with Mom. What better reason than an "attempted manslaughter" (staged IMO) I think he did something on Friday, went to the lake as an alibi maybe? (thinking there weren't cameras to see anything) or to try to figure out what to do next.

I think Dad did something to the boy somewhere else, left him, then went to the park to stage this whole thing to keep anyone from finding where Ara really is. Deflection. IMO

[emoji17] the dog signaling has to mean something significant. Ugh I did not want him to be found this way, but it is looking more and more likely that he will not be found alive, so I wish he would be found soon to give his poor mom some closure [emoji17] it hurts to even type that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just checked in to check on this little boy. I've obviously missed the information on the dog hitting on his scent. Could someone please share the link and does anyone know if it was a tracking dog or cadaver dog? Thanks in advance for any information.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

There's a video posted at the end of thread 1 showing dogs searching for Ara at Arroyo Park. One of the dogs tracked his scent to a drainage ditch and alerted the handlers, but they didn't see him in there so they stopped looking. I mean, they didn't follow the drain all the way down to see if he was washed downstream of it but they will follow up.

http://ktla.com/2017/05/18/authorit...asadena-in-search-for-missing-5-year-old-boy/

The whole thing is still very fishy. A lot of things could have happened. All my own opinions but #1 and 2 are high on my list:

1. The obvious is that the dad did something to the boy after Disneyland. Maybe a struggle and that's where the abrasions came from. Drove to the lake to dispose of the evidence. Couldn't do it there, so drove to the park. There he was going to commit suicide by torching the car but was a coward and didn't want to feel the pain. So he took the pills. Passed out before he could light the match. If that's the case, then this was pre-planned, otherwise why the Disney trip, pills, gas in car?

2. A very elaborate plan from the mom to take the child and make the dad look guilty so they'll be free from him. Maybe someone had followed the dad, knew they were at the park, attacked him, gassed the car and took the boy. LE should really dig deep and check on "out of the ordinary" stuff: Perhaps someone close to the family had recently traveled (before, day of, or after child went missing)? Any family homes been placed on sale? ******** set to $50k (in my opinion is a bit high). Perhaps planning to skip town at some point??

3. The dad was going to kill himself and the boy, boy got scared and ran off......

4. Drug deal gone bad, child has been kidnapped by 3rd party.

5. Dad has concealed the child with friends or family.

The whole thing is still very fishy. A lot of things could have happened. All my own opinions but #1 and 2 are high on my list:

1. The obvious is that the dad did something to the boy after Disneyland. Maybe a struggle and that's where the abrasions came from. Drove to the lake to dispose of the evidence. Couldn't do it there, so drove to the park. There he was going to commit suicide by torching the car but was a coward and didn't want to feel the pain. So he took the pills. Passed out before he could light the match. If that's the case, then this was pre-planned, otherwise why the Disney trip, pills, gas in car?

2. A very elaborate plan from the mom to take the child and make the dad look guilty so they'll be free from him. Maybe someone had followed the dad, knew they were at the park, attacked him, gassed the car and took the boy. LE should really dig deep and check on "out of the ordinary" stuff: Perhaps someone close to the family had recently traveled (before, day of, or after child went missing)? Any family homes been placed on sale? ******** set to $50k (in my opinion is a bit high). Perhaps planning to skip town at some point??

3. The dad was going to kill himself and the boy, boy got scared and ran off......

4. Drug deal gone bad, child has been kidnapped by 3rd party.

5. Dad has concealed the child with friends or family.
6. Ara Jr. wouldn't stop crying from being overtired after Disneyland, kept waking dad, so dad muffled him and accidentally killed him. Then, had to suddenly plan his disappearance and went way too complex with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail