1293 users online (287 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Wow...that's an interesting comment! Why wouldn't LE pursue it? Underworld?
    I'd like to know as well what that means.
    In fact, I haven't heard how any of the 4 were actually killed. Except for David Lenox.
    Is Indian Creek Trail, dogs and older men the only similarity? Or is there more we don't hear about?

Here is a map of the approximate locations for the 4 victims mentioned.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S5...H4&usp=sharing

I'm not sure of the exact location, but used addresses mentioned. The 3rd victim, Timothy Rice, was said to be found in Minor Park in a shelter, however the address given implies he was found north of E. Red Bridge Rd. I might have the marker in the wrong spot.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaH View Post
    I'd like to know as well what that means.
    In fact, I haven't heard how any of the 4 were actually killed. Except for David Lenox.
    Is Indian Creek Trail, dogs and older men the only similarity? Or is there more we don't hear about?
    David Lennox and Mike Darby were both shot. (According to links posted on this thread.) They were both walking dogs at the time. David was referred to as a 'retiree'. Mike was the owner of Coach's Bar & Grill (very close to where he was killed.)

Apparently 3 of the 4 men were walking dogs, so we know who 2 of them were, but I don't know who the 4th is.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

David Lennox and Mike Darby were both shot. (According to links posted on this thread.) They were both walking dogs at the time. David was referred to as a 'retiree'. Mike was the owner of Coach's Bar & Grill (very close to where he was killed.)

Apparently 3 of the 4 men were walking dogs, so we know who 2 of them were, but I don't know who the 4th is.
    I live in the complex right where David Lenox and Mike Darby were killed. I didn't know Darby was shot, thank you for the information.
    Regardless it's TOO close for comfort and hope this killer is found.
    Hopefully websleuth people can help in investigation and stop ANOTHER senseless killing!
    Last edited by VictoriaH; 05-21-2017 at 11:32 PM.

I live in the complex right where David Lenox and Mike Darby were killed. I didn't know Darby was shot, thank you for the information.
    Regardless it's TOO close for comfort and hope this killer is found!!
    Oh dear. That must be SO unsettling Victoria!!
    After reading you comment I looked closer at the map. I didn't realize that Walnut went so close (south) to the trail. Do you know specifically where Dave Lenox was shot? Do you know specifically where Mike Darby's body was found? I'd like to improve my crime scene map so that people can have a better perspective.

Once again, I'm so sorry that this violence has visited your own community.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Oh dear. It must be SO unsettling Victoria!!
    After reading you comment I looked closer at the map. I didn't realize that Walnut went so close (south) to the trail. Do you know specifically where Dave Lenox was shot? Do you know specifically where Mike Darby's body was found? I'd like to improve my crime scene map so that people can have a better perspective.

Once again, I'm so sorry that this violence has visited your own community.

It is VERY unsettling and thank you.
    I attached a picture of locations. Hope it helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://m.facebook.com/kmbc9/videos/...ernal&mt_nav=1

You can find the video of news chopper footage of latest one.

Very concerning.

SNIPER maybe? Need more info!!!

The murder victims:

Aug. 19, 2016 - E Bannister Rd & Lydia Ave - Victim: John W. Palmer, 8/20/1961

Feb. 27, 2017 - 9939 Walnut St - Victim: David Lenox, 3/23/1950

April 4, 2017 - 1601 E Red Bridge Rd - Victim: Timothy S. Rice, 10/11/1959

May 18, 2017 - 373 W 101 St Terr - Victim: ID not yet released by police. Family members say it was Mike Darby

http://www.kmbc.com/article/kcpd-rev...elated/9885057

Woah:

From November 2016:

Targeted attacks with unknown motives along Indian Creek Trail leave victims battered and*bruised
    http://fox4kc.com/2016/11/03/targete...d-and-bruised/

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A popular bike and hike trail in South Kansas City is seeing a spike in crime, with at least four attacks reported since mid-October. At least three people have been stabbed, and one person was hit in the head with a rock along the Indian Creek Trail.

The trail spans 17 miles and runs through parts of Overland Park and Leawood. Its a popular spot with bikers, joggers and walkers.

But one section of the trail near S. Wornall Road and I-435 to W. 103rd Street, has seen four attacks reported in just as many weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar105 View Post
    Just yesterday, 5/18/2017, the very beloved co-owner of a popular bar, Coach's, was found murdered along the Indian Creek Trail (a walking and bicycling trail) in south Kansas City. By all accounts, the victim, Mike Darby, was the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet and would give you the shirt off his back. He was walking his two dogs, which were found alive circling his body.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...151221762.html

Two and a half months ago, David Lenox, 66, by all accounts a beloved recent retiree, was killed just feet from that location, also walking his dogs. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...137145698.html

Last August, John Palmer, 54, was found dead on the same walking trail
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...e97157257.html

It's hard to believe the motive was robbery, at least for me?

Here's an article saying "the trail is still a safe place." It doesn't mention Palmer.
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...151429497.html

Sorry if this should go somewhere else on the board.
    "David Lenox loved his dogs, two Shih Tzus named Snickers and Coco.

He was fond of walking them on the Willow Creek Apartment grounds in Kansas City, where he lived.

It was during one of those walks on Feb. 27 when Lenox, 66, was shot just a few steps away from his front door. The killing seems to lack any apparent motive.

Officers responded to a report of*a body lying in a parking lot within the gated apartment complex. They found Lenox, who was later pronounced dead.

“Snickers stayed by my dad’s side the entire time,” said Mike Lenox, David Lenox’s son."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy

I'm getting somewhat of a NOCO vibe on this, whatever that means (see signature for reference).....not saying they are related, I DO NOT believe they are, but this could be a similar type of wacko(s), imo, again, whatever that means....

Were they shot at close range, or not? Hoping to hear from LE soon if there's a ballistics match between the 4 victims, etc.

Iirc, Kai posted a similar story out of Alaska I think, shooter on trail...will look for link...
    Last edited by margarita25; 05-22-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamiesFan View Post
    I heard from someone in the know that the Darby slaying was particularly brutal. Cut up and shot.
    If this is the case and not rumor, that makes a big difference in M.O. from being a "serial shooter", imo.

Thank you for posting this!
    I live in Willow Creek Apartments and feeling uneasy anymore about all this.
    "Mindy Lenox said her father was known for his kindness. Neighbors at the Willow Creek Apartments have told her they would often expect a knock on their doors from her father during storms, in an effort to check up on them.

He really was a very kind, non-confrontational man, Mindy Lenox said. My brother and I are just clueless and hope to have some answer as to why this senseless act was committed. To think somebody is out there that did this its heartbreaking."

This is a case I could really dig into, right up my alley, a lot to post but don't want to overpost so, last one for now:

"Indian Creek Trail is one of the longest walking and biking trails in Kansas City. The asphalt and concrete trail stretches 26 miles, connecting Jackson and Johnson counties. It starts just south on Bannister Road in Kansas City and continues to the west to Hampton Park at South Warwick Street in Olathe.

Two police investigators walked the trail along Wornall on Thursday afternoon, talking with passers-by and examining the area near where Darby’s body was found.

The trail along Indian Creek is clean and well-kept, the grass around it freshly mowed. Cyclists ride past every few minutes."

OK last post:

“"You want to let the public know there is a danger here, but at the same time you don't want to give away your case or tip too much off about your suspect,” he said.*

Until police have more information, people who use the trail or spend time in the area should pay close attention to their surroundings.

“I would say, let’s stop the daily routine if it involves going into this particular area until police have made an arrest or until they say it’s safe,” Bernard advised. “You can go back, but I certainly wouldn't do it in this geographical area knowing there is somebody on the loose.”

Police said there will be extra patrol in the area to include patrolling on foot and ATV. Anyone with information is asked to call police or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477."

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast