1202 users online (199 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

2017.05.19 - Fox News fires Bob Beckel for racially insensitive remark

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-fires-p...174537806.html

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel said Friday that it had fired liberal commentator Bob Beckel for making a racially insensitive remark to a black employee.

Fox offered no details on the case, but a lawyer for the employee said Beckel had "stormed out" of his office Tuesday when the man, who is a technician, came to do work on his computer, saying he was leaving because the worker was black.

The lawyer, Douglas Wigdor, also said that Beckel attempted to intimidate his client and get him to withdraw his complaint in a meeting Friday with Fox executive Kevin Lord. Fox denied that anyone tried to persuade the man to withdraw his complaint, and said that Beckel had apologized to him after he was fired.

That can't be true. Only republicans are racists. Not a famous Democrat...say it ain't so...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

If they had fired a conservative commentator, this thread would be on page 7 already...

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    That can't be true. Only republicans are racists. Not a famous Democrat...say it ain't so...
    Where do you get this stuff???

If they had fired a conservative commentator, this thread would be on page 7 already...
    Well they didn't and it's not but I'm glad he was fired.

Nah, but republicans ARE the only ones who have built an entire political ideology and platform based on racism. (not to mention misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia etc. ) So, it stands to reason that "republican" tends to be synonymous with "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    Nah, but republicans ARE the only ones who have built an entire political ideology and platform based on racism. (not to mention misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia etc. ) So, it stands to reason that "republican" tends to be synonymous with "racist".
    I knew I could count on you...

I am glad to see that Fox has mechanisms in place to address discrimination. If they found reason to fire him, I am glad regardless of his affiliations or political beliefs.

#MAWA

People from any political stripe can make racist remarks but yeah, one party is a bit more welcoming to that line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I am glad to see that Fox has mechanisms in place to address discrimination. If they found reason to fire him, I am glad regardless of his affiliations or political beliefs.
    Hmmm, wonder what would have happened pre Ailes ouster?

Where do you get this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Where do you get this stuff?
    Republican policies and campaign promises.