1302 users online (206 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tricks of the demagogue: megalomaniac Trump fights for survival

The Nation:

Trump Is a Cornered Megalomaniac, and That’s a Grave Danger to the Country

---
    For months, progressives have worried about a “Reichstag fire” moment: about the possibility that Trump, Bannon, Miller, and the other fanatics who people this administration could gin up an emergency scenario that would allow them to clamp down on dissenters, muzzle the press, and neutralize the courts and domestic political opponents.
    ---
    And yet, for all of his bluster, for all of his middle-of-the-night, id-revealing tweets, for all of his childish, semiliterate boasting about his unprecedented popularity, speaking skills, and understanding of complex policy issues, Trump has not yet unleashed his mob quite as fully as he might.

Now he is, to put it mildly, on the ropes.
    ---
    much more at the link

He is a soulless, amoral ****, a con artist now fighting for his life. I do not doubt that, in the end, he will be destroyed—that all of those craven, fair-weather friends, those men and women in the GOP whom he embarrassed and humiliated, mocked and deliberately hurt throughout the primary process but who embraced him upon his electoral success, will turn on him as soon as they believe they can so do without destroying their own political careers.
    And he will not go gently.

nope.
    He'll go over the shoulder screaming baby tantrum style. bigly

The title of the thread says it all

Carry on.

My God, how did we get here?

I just heard an interview with someone who has written a book which may have been titled 'Why America Needs Trump', but I came in after the person had been introduced. This author kept saying 'Trump will fight back'.

How is he going to fight back?

Ya know, I'm wondering....clearly, this administration is mired in controversy and possible scandal. But they're also not keeping their campaign promises. So, why is it that his followers continue to defend him? I'm befuddled, but I really, really want to understand. What are they holding on to?

Seems the TrumpTrain is off the rails.

I think he usually just says, "you're fired" - i.e. Yates, Preet B, Comey - the good ones are gone, but their voices will be heard.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I just heard an interview with someone who has written a book which may have been titled 'Why America Needs Trump', but I came in after the person had been introduced. This author kept saying 'Trump will fight back'.

How is he going to fight back?
    Tweets, Executive Orders, firings? He also threatened to stop having daily press briefings.

So not really fighting so much as upping his tantrum game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    My God, how did we get here?
    We're all going off cliff together sadly... that will unite us Rs and Ds and Ls and I's and everybody. we're goin off a cliff together unless he's out. So brace yourselves fellow humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Ya know, I'm wondering....clearly, this administration is mired in controversy and possible scandal. But they're also not keeping their campaign promises. So, why is it that his followers continue to defend him? I'm befuddled, but I really, really want to understand. What are they holding on to?

Seems the TrumpTrain is off the rails.
    It is hard for humans to admit they got duped by a con. I understand that part. They will come around. It takes time. I hope it won't be too late for all of us together.

Tonight on Bill Maher, Bill noted that DJT has had only two good days while in office - one was the day he launched the 59 missiles.

I have about 5 tents if anyone needs one. Head to the center of the USA and we can camp together.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    I think he usually just says, "you're fired" - i.e. Yates, Preet B, Comey - the good ones are gone, but their voices will be heard.
    For years, I've heard many people - from all over the political spectrum - say we need a business-oriented person in office. I would agree - in terms of controlling expenses and government waste. But Trump is clearly NOT the right guy. I know he believes he's smart - but he's not. So, what is the fascination with him?

He told them he could fix it. Oh, and he said he was smart.

,How did it come to this? How did the US become so bitterly partisan? In all countries there are passionate supporters of one side of politics, but none that I know of, outside of some Eastern European countries that have centuries old resentments that lead to this kind of separation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast