1330 users online (199 members and 1131 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Why did the Democratic Party lose this important election?

A message to liberals and the Democratic Party

One fatal mistake the Clinton campaign made was in thinking that demographics and their fancy political machine were enough to win elections. They forgot that the candidate is the ultimate closer who “brings it home.”

They relied on the famous Obama coalition – minorities, women, millennials – so much that they relatively neglected the white working class voters in the Rust Belt states.

It turns out the Obama coalition isn’t bullet-proof or transferable – the key ingredient in it was Obama.

In a nutshell, Trump’s Access Hollywood tape was obscene, but almost as obscene to me was theWikiLeaks revelation that Clinton Foundation money had helped pay for Chelsea Clinton’s wedding and living expenses for a decade.

More broadly, the Democratic Party has become, like Bill Maher says, a “boutique” party, a party of flashiness and glitz with its Lady Gagas and Katy Perrys and Beyonces, and with its non-stop debates on race, gender and sexuality. These issues are important, but they came at the expense of talking about bread-and-butter issues, which is why the Rust Belt voters bolted.

I’m not happy Trump won, but I’m glad Clintonism lost. The Democratic Party deserved to lose for many reasons, but especially because it had gotten annoyingly complacent about its demographic “coalition,” and smug in its convictions of its moral superiority.

More at link

https://operationmediawatch.wordpres...ocratic-party/

Source - http://www.tennessean.com/story/opin...1/26/94244958/

Gerrymandering (hence the electoral count vs. the popular vote), assisted by a FBI director complicit in a smear campaign against the Democratic candidate, and the racism, misogyny, xenophobia and homophobia of republicans. We had an eminently qualified candidate taken down by very effective false equivalencies, conspiracy theorists and the interference of fake news disseminated via Facebook and Twitter. And, racists were going to make America pay for having elected Barack Obama two times in a row. It's not that complicated to figure out. A vote for Trump was a vote for everything that's ugly about base human instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    Gerrymandering (hence the electoral count vs. the popular vote), assisted by a FBI director complicit in a smear campaign against the Democratic candidate, and the racism, misogyny, xenophobia and homophobia of republicans. We had an eminently qualified candidate taken down by very effective false equivalencies, conspiracy theorists and the interference of fake news disseminated via Facebook and Twitter. And, racists were going to make America pay for having elected Barack Obama two times in a row. It's not that complicated to figure out. A vote for Trump was a vote for everything that's ugly about base human instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    A message to liberals and the Democratic Party

One fatal mistake the Clinton campaign made was in thinking that demographics and their fancy political machine were enough to win elections. They forgot that the candidate is the ultimate closer who “brings it home.”

They relied on the famous Obama coalition – minorities, women, millennials – so much that they relatively neglected the white working class voters in the Rust Belt states.

It turns out the Obama coalition isn’t bullet-proof or transferable – the key ingredient in it was Obama.

In a nutshell, Trump’s Access Hollywood tape was obscene, but almost as obscene to me was theWikiLeaks revelation that Clinton Foundation money had helped pay for Chelsea Clinton’s wedding and living expenses for a decade.

More broadly, the Democratic Party has become, like Bill Maher says, a “boutique” party, a party of flashiness and glitz with its Lady Gagas and Katy Perrys and Beyonces, and with its non-stop debates on race, gender and sexuality. These issues are important, but they came at the expense of talking about bread-and-butter issues, which is why the Rust Belt voters bolted.

I’m not happy Trump won, but I’m glad Clintonism lost. The Democratic Party deserved to lose for many reasons, but especially because it had gotten annoyingly complacent about its demographic “coalition,” and smug in its convictions of its moral superiority.

More at link

https://operationmediawatch.wordpres...ocratic-party/

Source - http://www.tennessean.com/story/opin...1/26/94244958/
    BBM

Yes, better to hand the country over to racist xenophobes rather than to a party who understands that this country is only as strong as it's weakest links.

Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    The (rbbm part) is part of the problem with some in the Democratic Party. I think Saritha Prabhu made a good point when she said "don't condescend to rural voters, the non-college-educated, and conservative Christians, and don’t paint them in a single dimension. At the very least, extend them the same courtesy you do to immigrants, Muslims, gay people. And don’t judge their groups by their worst members, the thing you – we – say about Muslims." After all Hillary Clinton put a large portion of Republicans in a "basket of deplorables". Big mistake!

Donald Trump should have been the easiest Republican candidate to beat. Maybe it's time to look inward to see why the Democratic Party lost the election rather than blame Trump voters because conservative voters don't get liberal candidates elected.

From my point of view and I guess MOO, she lost because some people wanted "change" again. And as I've heard but don't have links to back, a lot of dems and activists didn't even vote! And a lot of people voted 3rd party. This is my opinion assuming this was not a rhetorical question.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    From my point of view and I guess MOO, she lost because some people wanted "change" again. And as I've heard but don't have links to back, a lot of dems and activists didn't even vote! And a lot of people voted 3rd party. This is my opinion assuming this was not a rhetorical question.
    Thanks for your input. I tend to agree with you that they didn't get the vote out. I think the liberal media didn't do them any favors either because to here them tell it - Hillary Clinton was a shoo-in. I think Bernie Sanders would have been "the change" for dems and not Hillary.

Nearly everyone I talked to in my circle were unhappy with both candidates.

One reason why Hillary Clinton lost was because some people who voted for Obama in the past two elections voted for Trump instead. Liberals need to ask themselves why that happened. Why would people find Trump more acceptable than Hillary?

The Obama administration was about hope and change. The American people did get change. In 2016 they decided the change that Obama brought to the country was not in the best interest of it's people. They saw a new Clinton administration as being more of the same type of policy's that created the Obamacare mess.

Yes, change. Because of dissatisfaction.

Thanks for your input. I tend to agree with you that they didn't get the vote out. I think the liberal media didn't do them any favors either because to here them tell it - Hillary Clinton was a shoo-in. I think Bernie Sanders would have been "the change" for dems and not Hillary.

I was listening to my local sports radio station, because that's what I do, and they were talking about how Colin Kaepernick was still unsigned. And they went on about how he was polarizing and effected a huge social movement but then people tuned out because he admitted he didn't even vote! WTF? I vote in every election my city has; school board, city council, etc. if I don't know the candidates, I won't vote. I refuse to straight ticket vote anything. But how can anyone lead a charge for change and stuff when they don't even vote themselves? I'm sure this was a tangent that probably has nothing to do with anything but I took a cat nap and I'm now wide awake.

I think that one of the reasons why we have Trump as president is because during the primary's the MSM attacked all of the more popular Republican candidates with full force and left Trump alone because they thought he could help in disrupting the Republicans hopes for a win.

When that backfired we have the present all out media attack on the President.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I think that one of the reasons why we have Trump as president is because during the primary's the MSM attacked all of the more popular Republican candidates with full force and left Trump alone because they thought he could help in disrupting the Republicans hopes for a win.

When that backfired we have the present all out media attack on the President.
    I will honestly admit I voted for the Trumps. In my head at the time, I wasn't about to vote for Hillary. Cruz and the other pubs were too conservative for my liking, and I remembered that Trump was at one time a dem. I am socially liberal and conservative when it comes to finance. I honestly felt Trump at that time was the best for my beliefs. Do I have regrets now? Yes kinda. It's a sh** show but I can honestly say I'm still glad Hilary isn't our president. I'll hang up and listen.

I will honestly admit I voted for the Trumps. In my head at the time, I wasn't about to vote for Hillary. Cruz and the other pubs were too conservative for my liking, and I remembered that Trump was at one time a dem. I am socially liberal and conservative when it comes to finance. I honestly felt Trump at that time was the best for my beliefs. Do I have regrets now? Yes kinda. It's a sh** show but I can honestly say I'm still glad Hilary isn't our president. I'll hang up and listen.
    Yes quoting myself....I voted for Obama.

I live in California and by the time I got to vote in the primary Trump was already locked in. So my primary vote didn't mean anything.

When the general election came I had to chose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. I couldn't vote for Hillary so Trump got my vote.

What do you mean by "the Trumps?"

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast