1220 users online (193 members and 1027 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    49

    Capital Punishment

    I advocate capital punishment. Not a popular view.

    Yes, there is racial and class bias in U.S. capital punishment. So Federalize it to eliminate that. Use this penalty only for true killers, not random robbers who had the bad luck to shoot at a cop in Texas. The death penalty is real and it must be made real for demons. It is for serial pedos, rapists, killers.

    Yes, there is DNA exoneration and the Innocence Project. Never use capital punishment for someone who has killed only one person or where there's doubt--only use it for proven and confessed serial killers. Only for the worst of the worst. Where there is no doubt. None at all. That's my criteria.

    It's an insult to victims that a government should go on to spend more catering to the whims of imprisoned killers than they ever will for a single mentally ill person. It's insane that guards and other prisoners--mere forgers or thieves or whatever--must live with actual demons.

    Israel Keyes. Dahmer. Zero doubt killers. Israel Keyes, after what he confessed to what he did. A real government would have lined a demon like that up against a wall and shot him. That is the expected action of a just society. That is the reason the people surrender power to the state. If the state fails to protect, the state is failed and the people have the right to replace it. If our government won't kill a predator like Keyes, it's not a legitimate government at all and it must be replaced.

    Every other argument beyond that is evasion and moral cowardice. Any death penalty opponent who believes the lives of nonhuman demons are worth more than the lives of innocent children and other victims is not capable of moral argument and betrays themselves as cowards.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,429
    Not a death penalty supporter. Yes, killing is wrong, but killing by the state is equally wrong. That is why only third world countries do it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,248
    Interesting points for sure!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    Not a death penalty supporter. Yes, killing is wrong, but killing by the state is equally wrong.
    The state kills all the time. The state kills at war. The state kills when it changes the speed limit. The state gives cops guns to kill people. Don't tell me the state does not kill people. The state is killing all the time. My argument is kill the right people, kill the monsters.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,248
    Jen.....with all due respect, the US is not trying to adopt European viewpoints on capital punishment or politics. We blaze our own trails--it's why we were founded.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by illyana View Post
    The state kills all the time. The state kills at war. The state kills when it changes the speed limit. The state gives cops guns to kill people. Don't tell me the state does not kill people. The state is killing all the time. My argument is kill the right people, kill the monsters.
    That may well be where you live. but other people in the world do not live where cops kill or send their young to war. I am not sure how changing the speed limit kills;

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    That is why only third world countries do it.
    You can't refute my arguments so you just lie.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Jen.....with all due respect, the US is not trying to adopt European viewpoints on capital punishment or politics. We blaze our own trails--it's why we were founded.
    But look at the mess you are in. Divided and people making threats from both sides of the political divide. Extremes from both sides. Why is that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    That may well be where you live. but other people in the world do not live where cops kill or send their young to war. I am not sure how changing the speed limit kills;
    Your posts suggest you're American. Hell, you're in the Midwest somewhere. You're more American than me. I'm just some West Coast hippie. You're living in a total fantasy-land if you don't believe America is in a war killing people. Are you trying to say there is no War Against Terror? Is that your argument? The CIA isn't killing people with drones? You want to see the photos? Or do you love denial that much?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by illyana View Post
    You can't refute my arguments so you just lie.
    Where have I lied? Can you tell me of a first world country that employs the death penalty other than the US? Lots of third world countries do. That does not leave you in good company.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    But look at the mess you are in. Divided and people making threats from both sides of the political divide. Extremes from both sides. Why is that?
    Because the US has freedom of speech. We will work this out. We always have & always will.
    And the beat goes on.....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by illyana View Post
    Your posts suggest you're American. Hell, you're in the Midwest somewhere. You're more American than me. I'm just some West Coast hippie. You're living in a total fantasy-land if you don't believe America is in a war killing people. Are you trying to say there is no War Against Terror? Is that your argument? The CIA isn't killing people with drones? You want to see the photos? Or do you love denial that much?
    y
    Well...........if you got that from my posts, you are way off base.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Because the US has freedom of speech. We will work this out. We always have & always will.
    And the beat goes on.....
    The rest of the free world has freedom of speech too. Do you know another western democracy that does not have freedom of speech>

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    Where have I lied? Can you tell me of a first world country that employs the death penalty other than the US? Lots of third world countries do. That does not leave you in good company.
    The U.S. is not a third world country. Are you saying it is? Why are you so keen to protect serial killers? Doesn't the world have enough problems? Are you pretending the CIA isn't killing people with drones all the time?

    Because that's what Obama and the CIA did with drones, all the time.

    Kind of just executed people for being Islamic terrorists.

    That's not even what I'm talking about, but I want to be clear before we go forward.
    You're *against* death penalties for total demon psychopaths. But you're for bombing Pakistani weddings? Right?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    49
    I thought you were against state killing?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TX TX - Kenneth McDuff - The Poster Boy of Capital Punishment
    By JeannieC in forum Serial Killers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2017, 05:29 PM
  2. WI WI - The Capital City Murders - UNSOLVED
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Serial Killers
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 02:44 AM
  3. No capital letters in quote box
    By STEADFAST in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
  4. Count 1-Capital
    By Coley in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
  5. Taking the rap for a capital crime.
    By Holdontoyourhat in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 12:04 AM