Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

LisaCougar

Reaction score
Sandy has been missing since May 13th. She was traveling from California back to Alabama. The last known location of her phone was on May 12th in Parker, Arizona. The San Bernadino Sheriff's dept found her car on the side of the road near Parker, AZ.

"Troy posted to MPofA, “She was trying to make it to a store or to a Walmart to where I could send her money but she didn’t make it and nobody has had contact with her since last Saturday.”

She pulled to the side of the road near Parker, AZ near the highway 62 and got stuck on a sand wash and left the car (photo). The car was found with a warning tag dated May 16."

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....ssing-after-running-out-of-gas-in-california/

I wonder if she purchased anything at the gas station where she was last seen. I assume that's why she walked there, but that is not mentioned in the article. It looks like where she parked her car is right off of the highway, so it doesn't seem like she'd get lost walking back to it. The article says the distance from where her car was located to the gas station she as last seen at is about a mile. Is there any indication she made it back to her vehicle?

Its been long enough that there should be more information out there. Such as - are there local searches going on?

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Just what I was thinking. Also, why would she take off across country without enough money for gas? And, if the family has not talked to her since the 12th, but she left her car on the 15th, where as her her phone? The timeline is foggy to me.

This is nuts. A mile away from her car- with a cell phone. She is a grown adult, not a young adult. Praying for Sandy and her family for answers

Bumping for Sandy. I can't find any new info. Looks like her family is heading to Parker to search for her.

""**Update** As of today May 25, there are no new leads. We have found more information but it has done nothing but set us 10 steps back. We have spoken to and met with the San Bernardino officer that has handled her case several times every day that we have been here. He has been so helpful! We went to where her car was found as soon as we got here and we searched the area until we couldn't take the heat any longer. We found her flip flop about 20 yards from the car close to a bush she may have been sitting under for shade and a few barefoot prints are the only evidence of her being there. After that we went to the Oasis Mini Mart where she could have been spotted Monday May 15 but the officer reviewed the tape and it was only someone similar to her. As of today all of the surveillance is gone because they record over after a certain amount of time so we were not able to view Saturday(may13) and Sunday(may14) footage. Once we left there the officer took us to the tow yard where her car was taken to. He said the doors were locked Friday(may 19) when they investigated the car and they never broke into it to look inside. We were able to get the tow company to break into it so we could see the contents inside just a few hours ago. We spoke to our family that she went out there with and got them to list the things she packed and took with her and there is absolutely nothing missing from the car except for her car keys. Her purse, all bags and suitcases, shoes, makeup bag, license, registration, birth certificate, cell phone, Bible, journal, inhalers, and any other little thing was still in the car. We searched through everything and couldn't find any clues. We know the car was stuck in the sand there and we can't tell about the gas level because we didn't have a key. We charged her phone and and looked through everything and there is absolutely no clue of anything at all whatsoever. No clue on txt, recent calls, facebook, snapchat, instagram or any other app on her phone. We are literally back to square one and have no concrete evidence of anyone seeing her or that she has even been here at all. Our hearts are breaking and we do not know where to go from here. We just miss our mom and just want to know if she's okay. This has been the biggest emotional rollercoaster from having hope then it getting shut down over and over again. I just want to kiss her cheek, hug her, see her or hear her voice one more time. I know we cannot stay out here forever but I just don't know how I can ever leave without having her with me or knowing where she is. We feel so crushed and confused right now. I have tried to include every detail I can think of so that everyone knows everything we know. We are still running ourselves ragged searching for her so we will not be able to answer all questions or comments and I hope everyone understands. I would give anything in this world to be able to tell everyone that we found her safe and sound and are heading home but that is not the case at all. We do not even know where to go from this point. Thank you for all the support and prayers so far but please keep praying for us, it is the only thing helping to give us any peace and hope right now."" From the Sandy Giles Missing Facebook Page

Because of her phone being left in the car, I think of foul play. One shoe only.....foul play. I wonder if they were able to see tire marks since they could see bare foot prints.

Praying for her to be located

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Ugh. I typed up a long response and it disappeared. I keep getting kicked off the site and am having trouble logging in.

Ugh. I typed up a long response and it disappeared. I keep getting kicked off the site and am having trouble logging in.

(Is the "remember me" box checked? If not, that might help.)

http://www.parkerliveonline.com/2017/05/26/sandy-giles/
The above link has some new and interesting details. I don't know if it has any impact on what happened to Sandy, but it's certainly raising more questions for me.

The FB page is full of bickering and conflicting information. I think I'll steer clear of it.

Lots of info at link. Thanks for posting.

"UPDATE:*A search party of concerned locals is being organized for Saturday morning at 6am. If you’d like to help with an off-road vehicle, drone or on foot, meet at the first wash past the Earp Post Office at 6am on May 27th."

"A 44 year old woman from Maplesville, Alabama who went missing in the Parker area almost two weeks ago has still not been found.

Sandy Giles had been on a cross-country road trip to California with her former sister-in-law “to see her brother in the hospital”, and had planned to drive back home over Mother’s Day weekend, according to her son Troy. She was last heard from while at a gas station in the tiny town of Essex, CA off I-40 west of Needles, where she had been adding fuel.

Her car – a 2013 Silver Dodge Avenger – was found abandoned in a wash (pictured) near Earp, CA, just across the river from the town of Parker, AZ. Several locals contacted*Parker Live*saying they had seen the vehicle but didn’t know who it belonged to. Sandy had no known ties to the Parker area, and has not been seen in the area otherwise."

http://www.parkerliveonline.com/2017/05/26/sandy-giles/

Monday, May 8th – Pulaski, ArkansasTuesday,
May 9th at 9:21am – Vega, TexasTuesday,
May 9th at 4:36pm – Continental Divide, New MexicoWednesday,
May 10th, Bakersfield, CaliforniaThursday,
May 11th, Marysville, California

Here she stayed a couple days (i assume this is where she dropped friend/ex sis in law off).

After staying a couple days she left in the middle of the night.
Ex sis in law said - "didn’t know of anything happening to make her leave but they were asleep when she left"
She called son on 13th to say shed be home on 15th but needed more money.

My questions are 1. Why not use atm ...or perhaps she was totally out of cash.
2. Did she call son before abruptly leaving that night? Did she leave the night of the 13th?
3. 10 hours is a long way to go without stopping to get money sent from son.

Great details from the family but I'm still so confused on the timeline....or maybe it's because its 5am and I haven't slept much.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back