Found Safe Netherlands - Alma, 2, Nazih, 4, & Hassan Jasem, 5, Enschede, 20 May 2017 *Arrest*

JanetElaine

Reaction score
Police in The Netherlands have put out an international, European alert for missing brothers Hassan (5), Nazih (4) and sister Alma (2) Jasem, who are believed to have been kidnapped by their father on Friday, and may be travelling to Germany.

The father, whose name has not been released, was visiting with the children who lived with their mother in the town of Enschede. When the mother returned after briefly leaving the four alone, the father and children had vanished. Both father and mother are from Syria.

The description of the father is a
35-year-old man with Syrian appearance, length 170 to 180 cm, short dark curly hair, dressed in blue jeans.

The official Dutch missing children pages for the siblings:

https://www.politie.nl/en/wanted-and-missing/missing-children/2017/mei/alma-jasem.html
attachment.php

https://www.politie.nl/en/wanted-and-missing/missing-children/2017/mei/nazih-jasem.html
attachment.php

https://www.politie.nl/en/wanted-and-missing/missing-children/2017/mei/hassan-jasem.html
attachment.php

Description of the childrens' clothing:

Hassan: dressed in blue-white blouse and blue jeans.
Nazih: white T-shirt with gray sleeves and Disney Frozen print, jeans and blue shoes.
Alma: dressed in blouse with the image of a rabbit, gray pants and gray jacket.

Attachments

• alma-jasem-17024127.jpg
    alma-jasem-17024127.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 122
  • nazih-jasem-17024126.jpg
    nazih-jasem-17024126.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 120
  • hassan-jasem-17024125.jpg
    hassan-jasem-17024125.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 119
Enschede is in the east of the Netherlands, very close to the border with Germany. I'm on the opposite side, in the northwest, near the coast. They're expected to flee the country, so I highly doubt I'll encounter them in my neck of the woods, but I will be following this one closely.

Never good news when a parent takes the kids and makes a run for it :(

It always irritates me that Dutch officials basically really never give more info. Enschede is right on the German border, of course that's going to be an option (no border checks either), I'd really like to know what they base that idea on other than the fact that the border is so close!

Bevyofbagels, I'm glad you're still keeping an eye out, because without knowing that info, who knows, they could have gone straight south, north, north and then east, or west and then south... or just hiding out somewhere.

Some interesting comments on the two articles at the official Dutch missing person's Facebook page... they're in Dutch but Google translate should take care of that and get everyone the gist. https://www.facebook.com/VermistepersonenNederland/
I don't know who that is in the pic with the kids, but if it's the mom, she doesn't look Syrian to me. They also have a pic of the dad but not sure if it's okay to repost it here. Going to look for actual MSM for that one.

Some interesting comments on the two articles at the official Dutch missing person's Facebook page... they're in Dutch but Google translate should take care of that and get everyone the gist. https://www.facebook.com/VermistepersonenNederland/
I don't know who that is in the pic with the kids, but if it's the mom, she doesn't look Syrian to me. They also have a pic of the dad but not sure if it's okay to repost it here. Going to look for actual MSM for that one.

You mean the person who suggests that the father might have pre-arranged the whole thing and taken the children abroad, or to his country of origin? It does happen sometimes when things get ugly between two parties of which one originates from another country. It doesn't seem clear wether LE has concrete info to suggest they might be going to Germany, but it seems so obvious. The Netherlands is a small and densely populated country. If I wanted to get away with something illegal I wouldn't hang around either.

But who knows? Maybe that's exactly what he's banking on and plans to hide somewhere in the country.

I agree with the lack of information. As another commenter notes: in the US there is much more alarm, and much more information that could identify missing persons such as vehicle description.

You mean the person who suggests that the father might have pre-arranged the whole thing and taken the children abroad, or to his country of origin? It does happen sometimes when things get ugly between two parties of which one originates from another country. It doesn't seem clear wether LE has concrete info to suggest they might be going to Germany, but it seems so obvious. The Netherlands is a small and densely populated country. If I wanted to get away with something illegal I wouldn't hang around either.

But who knows? Maybe that's exactly what he's banking on and plans to hide somewhere in the country.

I agree with the lack of information. As another commenter notes: in the US there is much more alarm, and much more information that could identify missing persons such as vehicle description.

I didn't necessarily mean comments in that direction, but I want to be really careful in pointing out which ones I do mean, since we're not really supposed to discuss social media comments here. Germany certainly seems obvious, especially since it's literally minutes to the border from Enschede. But surely the dad knows too that it's obvious. The population density of the NL also causes many people to not really pay attention to people around them, it's not too hard to hide in plain sight, as long as you don't do anything that stands out. He could easily lay low for a little bit until the attention fades and then make his move to wherever he's going. But, I personally think he probably already is a long way away from the NL. Not facts, just a gut feeling.

I do get the impression that there has been more going on with this family for some time, and I also noticed that one of the dwellings on the street they disappeared from is a woman's shelter. Doesn't have to mean anything, I just wanted to point it out. :moo:

I've been reading them a little bit more closely, and yeah... if some of the things in the comments are accurate, that makes it even worse (and negligent as all heck)

I've been reading them a little bit more closely, and I think I know what you're talking about. Of course we should know by now that nothing is impossible with fugitives. All the more reason to keep my eyes peeled.

(Also, if any mods are reading along: I'm a newbie, so I hope I'm not breaking any TOS. Please tell me if I do.)

Thanks for 'getting' why I'm being vague. :)

I just hope these kids are safe. It's bad enough to be ripped away from a parent like that, but hopefully he will at least take good care of them and not take them back into a war zone in Syria or something, or hurt them himself. Really wishing this kind of thing was more 'all over'... they're saying it's a European wide alert, but I've gotten nothing.

Here's a pic of the dad, from Dutch MSM Algemeen Dagblad: http://www.ad.nl/binnenland/nog-gee...ren-enschede~a7a3867d/?vwoParameters=vwo-abbo

Also says police haven't received any tips at all. :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• father jasem.jpg
    father jasem.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 81
I saw an update too, 48 hours and no tips or sightings :(

Something did occur to me: I was at first thinking the father might pose as a fugitive or immigrant in a country in the European mainland. Most likely a place you can reach by land and that has a strong asylum network and a welcoming culture (Germany comes to mind).

But the children might all have born in the Netherlands, lived here all their lives or long enough to have taken on the Dutch language. More reason why he might not go to Germany after all. If he learns about the Europe-wide alert and the children speak Dutch, he would have to know that they'd stand out elsewhere. Especially in the border region of Germany where many Dutch people come for the low gas/cigarette/alcohol prices and where the locals would probably recognise the language.

He might try that here, though. 'Came over very recently, integrated very quickly, picked up the language quickly'. 'Father alone with the kids, mother still in Syria or not alive anymore'. Something like that. I can see that as a viable cover story. Maybe Dutch asylum centers should keep an eye out for them in case the father tries to find shelter in one of these places. Try subsisting on the run with three little kids, who are probably upset and frightened!

Three children kidnapped from Enschede FOUND SAFE.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2176448-vermiste-kinderen-enschede-terecht.html Link in Dutch, sorry, I cannot find an English one.

They were recovered safely in Hungary on May 30th, and the father has been arrested. I don't know why it's only today being announced that they were found Tuesday. The children are due to arrive back in The Netherlands today.

The Google Translate of the article is actually factual. C&p to https://translate.google.com/ Dutch to English.

They were recovered safely in Hungary on May 30th, and the father has been arrested.

Hungary is not a Muslim-friendly country. The only reason I can think of for him going there is that he was in transit to Turkey, taking his children beyond the reach of Western European courts which would invariably return the children to their mother's custody.

Hungary is not a Muslim-friendly country. The only reason I can think of for him going there is that he was in transit to Turkey, taking his children beyond the reach of Western European courts which would invariably return the children to their mother's custody.

Pretty sure that's what he was doing. The article says they were found on a train to Romania. From there it's only Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria.

Whoa! I was not very optimistic about this case but they were found alive, and in Hungary of all places! Amazing how far away those watchful eyes can be. Definitely time to celebrate!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back