1302 users online (207 members and 1095 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    GigTu is offline ♥ ѧѦ ѧѦѧ︵͡ ︵ѧѦ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ♥

CA - Homeless & Mentally Challenged, wht/fem, Fontana

https://www.facebook.com/MissingHome...76821099258064

This young lady was seen at a Valero gas station on 3740 Sierra Ave. in Fontana, CA the week of May 19, 2017. The gas station is off the I-15, near the Lyle Creek Rd. intersection in the Mt. Baldy recreation area. She was wrapped in a U-Haul packing blanket huddled next to a fuel pump. She is young and seemed extremely mentally challenged.

It was very cold out, and there are no shelters or assistance in the area, so not sure how she got there or why she is there.

The person who took her picture gave her some warm oatmeal, water, and a sleeping bag. The gas station manager gave her some coffee and donuts. They got her to move around to the side of the building so she at least wouldn't get run over. Apparently the police came but she wasn't able to or willing to give them her name. She says only thank you when given things.

Does she match any of our missing persons cases?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bird of Paradise is online now Tell me everything you saw...and what you think it means
    Looks like she's had a manicure recently.
    Like this
    http://www.glamour.com/story/double-...ow-to-tutorial
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

She looks really familiar to me, but I can't find any matching missing cases.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

I don't think that's a manicure. I think her nails are really long and have dirt under them from living on the street.

Bird of Paradise is online now Tell me everything you saw...and what you think it means
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I don't think that's a manicure. I think her nails are really long and have dirt under them from living on the street.
    That was my first thought too but they look too uniform. That's why I searched to see if that type of manicure is a 'look'.
    But you may very well be correct.

Edit to add I had a woman who used to sit against my building in Berkeley. She was definitely on some type of drugs and most likely homeless but what always struck me as odd was her nails. They would always be painted.
    Last edited by Bird of Paradise; 05-21-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Funny, I noticed the nails too.

Did they give an age range? She look like a well kept 30 -35???? Or younger but on the street a while? I'm not good at guessing age.

Her teeth, what we can see of them, look fairly white rather than the yellow I'd expect if she was unable to brush them regularly.

I feel like I've seen these pictures/story before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Nah, they're French tips (and evidently I wasn't the only person who noticed) - you use a manicure pen to draw the tips, natural nails don't look like that (not sure where this dirt is supposed to be).

Also, she doesn't seem to have any phenotypic signs of mental retardation (ie. she doesn't look retarded), so it's not obvious how the author came to the conclusion that the woman is "mentally challenged". I think the author might have meant "mentally ill", which is a completely different thing and more likely than being retarded.

I've never commented on a UID thread before so hope I don't mess up.

Monica Meserve, missing from San Diego since April 10, 2016.

img_67551.jpeg

Probably unlikely, but thought I'd throw it out there because of the mouth.

Can't find a thread for her on WS.

There's another pic on NamUs which shows a bit of a change in physical appearance.

img_67550.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35734/3/

Quote Originally Posted by the_missing View Post
    Nah, they're French tips (and evidently I wasn't the only person who noticed) - you use a manicure pen to draw the tips, natural nails don't look like that (not sure where this dirt is supposed to be).
    RSBM

I thought the same thing on another case of a homeless girl in Rome last year. See my post #67 here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ighlight=Embla

But it was pointed out to me that they look dirty when zoomed in and natural nails can look like white tips when they grow that long. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue. The only picture we have of this homeless woman's nails is blurry so I don't think we can say for certain how nice her nails are from this picture. JMO.

It would be amazing if it's her but I see a resemblance: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33658/

FWIW I flipped the image so they are facing the same direction.
    That eye color match is intriguing.
    See what you think

Edit to add after looking at the two pictures, the one on the left's lip is definitely low enough that it looks like her teeth are in a naturally exposed position (?)
    Last edited by Bird of Paradise; 05-21-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Agree about the eye color. Even the eyebrows.
    It's so hard though.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

The nose might be too different. Here is the closest to a profile pic I could find:

http://ktla.com/2016/06/10/detective...hed-last-year/

(The article will also explain why it would be unlikely to be her for anyone unfamiliar with the case, IMO, but still I see a similarity)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast