AL - Tonia Whitfield, 30, body found burned, Birmingham, 15 Dec 2005

tompettyfan

Reaction score
Sheriff's deputies in Jefferson County have made an arrest in connection with Monday's grisly discovery of a burned body in a field.
http://www.nbc13.com/index.html

This victim was my neighbor. I last spoke with her last summer when I asked her to not let her boys come to my house anymore after lots of incidents. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy though, and am feeling pretty bad now.

tompettyfan said:
Sheriff's deputies in Jefferson County have made an arrest in connection with Monday's grisly discovery of a burned body in a field.
http://www.nbc13.com/index.html

This victim was my neighbor. I last spoke with her last summer when I asked her to not let her boys come to my house anymore after lots of incidents. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy though, and am feeling pretty bad now.

It is our first thought to feel badly about an action or inaction in a case that goes horribly wrong. Your decision was based on known incidents that caused you concern Obviously, you were correct. You were protecting your family which is naturally your first priority.

The estranged husband murdered this lady and probably caused a lot of other problems. Including but not limited to, bad behavior from the children. Thank God the children weren't killed in this instance too. I hope the community comes together to see that they have all the counseling they need to go on and lead productive lives. Anything to help counter what their lives surely must have been like. Bless you all.

Very thoughtful post..thanks for responding. I think I've been just shocked more than anything, and I've never before experienced having to realize the last words I ever said to a person were harsh before something like this happened to them. I think no matter what I'll always feel some guilt over that, even though you make great points, and try a lot harder to put myself in someone else's shoes before letting my temper get away with me. You just never do know. I am praying for those boys. I do know that they had grandparents who were actively involved in their lives, so I hope that's where they are now. I haven't learned much more except that the police were once again going over the house this afternoon, and unsubtantiated news that he stole the gun from a co-worker who had it at their workplace.(this coming from the niece of the co-worker) Definitely premeditated. It's just surreal.

Don't think that your prayers won't make a difference. I am sure this experience will open your eyes more than most could ever understand. God knows you wish you could have helped woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back