1208 users online (162 members and 1046 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NC - Marlo Medina-Chevez, 44, Charlotte, 20 May 2017 *Arrests*

An Uber driver was reported missing after last being seen in the 6900 block of Ayrshire Glen Place.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police responded to a missing persons call for Marlo Johnis Medina-Chevez, 44, who went to pick up a client at 9:45 p.m. Saturday and did not return home.

“The last we heard of him was around 10,” said Chevez-Medina’s daughter. “He called his sister. He texted me at 9:30 and that's the last time we heard from him.”
    Police said Elsa Medina, Medina-Chevez's wife, reported her husband missing at 10:47 a.m. Sunday.

Medina-Chevez was driving a dark blue 2008 Nissan Pathfinder with North Carolina tags PDV-4382.

Medina-Chevez is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 5 inches tall and 108 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing a gray short-sleeve shirt, jeans and sandals.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ube...-say/525016105

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

I know PC is west coast and Marlo is east but very concerning to me that 2 Uber drivers are missing.

One vehicle found stripped and one not found yet.

44-year-old Marlo Medina-Chevez vanished Saturday night.

“He said that he was going to go do Uber and.. then he never came back home,” explains Medina-Chavez’s daughter Debroa.

They say Medina-Chevez has been driving for Uber since December and this is very unusual.

“He used to come home with a lot of funny stories and tell us every night about all these random stories and people that he would pick up,” Medina says.

Now the fear is that he came to some kind of harm after picking up a client.

Family members say investigators are trying to get information from Uber about who Medina-Chevez picked up Saturday night, but so far they haven’t had any luck.

http://wccbcharlotte.com/2017/05/21/...er-disappears/

http://wccbcharlotte.com/2017/05/22/...er-disappears/

UPDATE: CMPD say they are moving the missing person case for a Charlotte Uber driver to the homicide squad so they can have more resources in searching for 44-year-old Marlo Medina-Chevez.

Detectives said on Monday they believe him to be in "grave danger".

He was last seen driving his 2008 dark blue Nissan Pathfinder with North Carolina tag PDV-4382. Police believe locating this vehicle will be the key to locating Medina-Chevez.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...56194708-story

Missing Charlotte Uber driver worked second job to pay for family vacation, wife says
    May 23, 2017

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...152083967.html

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Missing Charlotte Uber driver worked second job to pay for family vacation, wife says
    May 23, 2017

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...152083967.html
    From your link tarabull

Police are now investigating the case as a possible homicide.

I work in the area, so I'll be on the lookout for his Pathfinder. Doesn't sound good. I hope LE is able to get the information about his customer from Uber.
    MOO

Flyer:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Danielle Stislicki

"Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered... everywhere everywhere everywhere"

Family says car of missing Charlotte Uber driver has been found

The family of a missing Charlotte Uber driver says Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police found the car he disappeared in Saturday night.

Charlotte TV station WBTV also reported Tuesday morning that police had identified two people who may be connected to the case. Other details were not immediately released.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Press conference just ended. It can be viewed on the wsoc-tv Facebook page.

The vehicle was stopped in Maryland with 4 people inside. 2 people were questioned and released, the other 2 were detained and charged. 1 person was charged with using Mr Chevez's credit card and the other with possession of a stolen vehicle. No sign of the missing man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tkdunn View Post
    Press conference just ended. It can be viewed on the wsoc-tv Facebook page.

The vehicle was stopped in Maryland with 4 people inside. 2 people were questioned and released, the other 2 were detained and charged. 1 person was charged with using Mr Chevez's credit card and the other with possession of a stolen vehicle. No sign of the missing man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It doesn't sound good. LE must have been aware of the credit card use when they switched tbe case over to homicide. imho

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Family says car of missing Charlotte Uber driver has been found

Gotta love those license plate readers.

Police were alerted Monday night of a license plate reader hit and located Medina-Chevez's dark blue 2008 Nissan Pathfinder near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Maryland. Two of the four people inside the vehicle were released. Diontray Divan Adams,25, and James Aaron Stevens,20, were taken in for questioning and arrested.

Adams was charged with financial credit card fraud and Stevens was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle.
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 05-23-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast