Found Deceased NC - Marlo Medina-Chevez, 44, Charlotte, 20 May 2017 *Arrests*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
An Uber driver was reported missing after last being seen in the 6900 block of Ayrshire Glen Place.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police responded to a missing persons call for Marlo Johnis Medina-Chevez, 44, who went to pick up a client at 9:45 p.m. Saturday and did not return home.

“The last we heard of him was around 10,” said Chevez-Medina’s daughter. “He called his sister. He texted me at 9:30 and that's the last time we heard from him.”
Police said Elsa Medina, Medina-Chevez's wife, reported her husband missing at 10:47 a.m. Sunday.

Medina-Chevez was driving a dark blue 2008 Nissan Pathfinder with North Carolina tags PDV-4382.

Medina-Chevez is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 5 inches tall and 108 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing a gray short-sleeve shirt, jeans and sandals.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ub...after-not-returning-home-police-say/525016105
c83baccac0749bb812286b26f34eb9ba.jpg

I know PC is west coast and Marlo is east but very concerning to me that 2 Uber drivers are missing.

One vehicle found stripped and one not found yet.

44-year-old Marlo Medina-Chevez vanished Saturday night.

“He said that he was going to go do Uber and.. then he never came back home,” explains Medina-Chavez’s daughter Debroa.

They say Medina-Chevez has been driving for Uber since December and this is very unusual.

“He used to come home with a lot of funny stories and tell us every night about all these random stories and people that he would pick up,” Medina says.

Now the fear is that he came to some kind of harm after picking up a client.

Family members say investigators are trying to get information from Uber about who Medina-Chevez picked up Saturday night, but so far they haven’t had any luck.

http://wccbcharlotte.com/2017/05/21/family-pleading-answers-charlotte-uber-driver-disappears/

I work in the area, so I'll be on the lookout for his Pathfinder. Doesn't sound good. I hope LE is able to get the information about his customer from Uber.

Press conference just ended. It can be viewed on the wsoc-tv Facebook page.

The vehicle was stopped in Maryland with 4 people inside. 2 people were questioned and released, the other 2 were detained and charged. 1 person was charged with using Mr Chevez's credit card and the other with possession of a stolen vehicle. No sign of the missing man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Press conference just ended. It can be viewed on the wsoc-tv Facebook page.

The vehicle was stopped in Maryland with 4 people inside. 2 people were questioned and released, the other 2 were detained and charged. 1 person was charged with using Mr Chevez's credit card and the other with possession of a stolen vehicle. No sign of the missing man.

It doesn't sound good. LE must have been aware of the credit card use when they switched tbe case over to homicide. imho

Family says car of missing Charlotte Uber driver has been found

Gotta love those license plate readers.

Police were alerted Monday night of a license plate reader hit and located Medina-Chevez's dark blue 2008 Nissan Pathfinder near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Maryland. Two of the four people inside the vehicle were released. Diontray Divan Adams,25, and James Aaron Stevens,20, were taken in for questioning and arrested.

Adams was charged with financial credit card fraud and Stevens was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle.

It doesn't sound good. LE must have been aware of the credit card use when they switched tbe case over to homicide. imho
Although I didn't understand 99% of what his wife said during the press conference, my heart broke for her. They have been together since middle school.

I've been hoping that worst case scenario this was a car jacking and he was possibly injured but left alive somewhere.

Although I didn't understand 99% of what his wife said during the press conference, my heart broke for her. They have been together since middle school.

I've been hoping that worst case scenario this was a car jacking and he was possibly injured but left alive somewhere.

I know right. His poor wife didn't want to me at home alone that night and now :(

What a beautiful family. My heart breaks for them. Poor Marlo, where are you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Two arrested driving SUV of missing Charlotte Uber driver. His fate is a mystery
May 23, 2017

Snipped...
...Uber touts the measures the ride-hailing app takes to keep drivers safe.

Among them: no anonymous passengers. Riders have to create an account and provide their name, email address and home phone number before they can request a ride.

Uber also logs GPS data, so it knows who drivers are transporting and where they’re going, and both drivers and passengers can rate each other. Drivers can end rides at any time.

“Our technology makes it possible to focus on the safety of drivers and passengers,” a spokeswoman said. Uber recently posted safety tips for drivers, developed with feedback from drivers and law enforcement.

The online forum UberPeople.net is full of conversations among Charlotte rideshare drivers on company practices, fares and passengers. Relatively few threads discuss safety.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article152083967.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288