GUILTY MD - Lt. Richard Collins, 23, stabbed to death, College Park, 20 May 2017 *Arrest*

bluesneakers

not today satan
Reaction score
Army Lt. Richard Collins III killed by intoxicated neo-Nazi on U of MD campus.

Details of the attack:

- The victim, Richard Collins III, was a student at Bowie State University, roughly 8-10 miles away. He was about to graduate. He was a member of ROTC and had just been commissioned as an Army lieutenant two days before he was murdered.

- The suspect, an intoxicated white man, approached Lt. Collins at 3 AM at a bus stop outside a dormitory on the University of Maryland campus.

- The suspect was a member of a racist Facebook group called the “Alt-Reich”. (Hence the “neo-Nazi” in the title, which I think is supported by this piece of evidence alone). Because of this affiliation, the incident is being investigated as a hate crime.

- The murder was captured on surveillance cameras. There seems to be no doubt whatsoever about the identity of the murderer.

Richard Collins III: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

The suspect in Collins’ unprovoked murder, Sean Urbanski, was a member of a racist Facebook group called the “Alt Reich: Nation,” in which members post mocking references to Anne Frank and blacks. Collins was black, and Urbanski was white. The murder is being investigated as a hate crime.

“Sean Urbanski is a member of a group on Facebook, perhaps other places that we are looking at,” the campus police chief, David Mitchell, alleged. “The name of the group is Alt Reich.” He described the page as “despicable” and full of bias, especially toward blacks. The chief said he wished he could have had the honor of “shaking hands” with Second Lt. Collins.

The murder of the young soldier, who was a student at Bowie State University, has horrified the community, and the FBI has been called in to investigate. Urbanski, 22, was a University of Maryland student.

FBI Investigating If Bowie State Univ. Student's Killing Is Hate Crime

The FBI is helping to investigate the stabbing at the University of Maryland to determine whether it was a hate crime.
University of Maryland Police Chief David Mitchell said at a press conference Sunday that he sought the FBI's help after finding that 22-year-old Sean Urbanski is a member of a Facebook group called "Alt Reich: Nation," where members post racially charged material.

Richard Collins III.

iPiccy-design_1495403768182_3349026_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://static.lakana.com/media.fox5...sign_1495403768182_3349026_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Absolutely disgusting that poor young man who had so much ahead of him, his poor family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horrible. RIP young man. I am so sorry that some people are filled with so much senseless hate.🌹

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A Lynching on the University of Maryland Campus

Richard Collins III was killed Saturday night because of the color of his skin.

Richard Collins III was about to graduate from Bowie State University on Tuesday. He was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the US Army. He was airborne certified. He was a son, a friend, and active in his church.

To Sean Urbanski, a University of Maryland student, he was black. At around 3 am on Saturday, May 20, Collins waited for an Uber ride along with two friends who were students at UMD at an on-campus bus stop. Urbanski walked up to them, and, according to witnesses, said, “Step left, step left if you know what’s best for you.” Collins simply replied, “No.” He stood his ground. Urbanski then stabbed him in the chest and fled the scene. Collins died at the hospital.

Make no mistake about it—this was a lynching, a lynching committed by a UMD student. A lynching 10 minutes from my damn house. Urbanski, as has been widely reported, is a member of a racist Facebook group called “Alt-Reich: Nation.” But that’s also not all he is. He’s a college student who grew up in the leafy suburban environs of Severna Park, Maryland. He hung out at Adele H. Stamp Student Union, studied at McKeldin Library, and wore his Baltimore Ravens gear around campus. He was not an interloper or an outsider. He is a homegrown terrorist who grew out of the soil of this college campus.

Let’s see whether Trump, with his pro-military, pro-troop rhetoric, has anything to say about the lynching of a soldier in 2017.

[video=twitter;867013670592794624]https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/status/867013670592794624[/video]

Um, are we still trying to figure out if it's a hate crime? How obvious can it get, geez.

and this is what the alt right has given a voice to. disgusting. this was a soldier as well. eerily silent, I hear nothing in our algorithm modified news about this.

i don't even know what to type. so incredibly sad :(
my sincerest condolences to those that loved him.

When I was a little girl I had a 45 rpm that I played over and over. I was so sure when I grew up the world would be a better place. It was called "Get together":

"Come on people now,
Smile on your brother,
Everybody get together, try and love one another right now.😟

:heartbeat: ninij9.

[video=youtube;YUUhDoCx8zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUUhDoCx8zc[/video]

We got to live together.

This case was on Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield on HLN tonight. The transcript should be available later.

[emoji813]beat: ninij9.

[video=youtube;YUUhDoCx8zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUUhDoCx8zc[/video]

We got to live together.
Good one[emoji4]

Absolutely sickened by his murder. It's been described as a "lynching", and I have no doubt in my mind that it was a hate crime. I would say that I couldn't believe this could happen in 2017, but... well, apparently, anything can happen.

attachment.php

https://www.thenation.com/article/lynching-university-maryland-campus/

Richard Collins III deserved better than this. :rose::rose::rose:

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 96
the link upthread to the opinion piece "a lynching" said there have been neo Nazi graffiti and flyers seen on campus and brought to attn. of the dean who did nothing and poo poo-ed it.

its "freedom of speech" but then you get .... this.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back