1268 users online (189 members and 1079 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2017.05.22 - Trump lands in Tel Aviv for second leg of trip

http://m.jpost.com/app/article/492501

( I know some don't like the fashion commentary, but I LOVE Melania's white suit, here!)

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...icopter-report

President Trump is canceling a planned speech at an ancient mountain fortress in Israel, according to a new report.

Trump will no longer visit Masada on Monday after authorities told him that he could not land his helicopter there, Newsweek reported, citing Israel’s Channel 2.

Trump reportedly declined to land the helicopter at the base of the historic site and then take the cable car up, as former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush did on previous visits.

Israel does not look angry with Trump at all. Didn't the US Press try to say we were going to lose support of Israel because Trump sinned and let a secret intel slip out?

I don't think that was an accurate report. Trump received a huge, formal reception from the entire Israeli government as he and the First Lady stepped off the plane. And nothing but glowing speeches about him so far.

I know that many here were breathless with anticipation, hoping to see the POTUS have a delusional meltdown and be dissed and insulted by the other governments. I don't think that is going to happen. IMO, he is being treated with much greater respect that Barack and Michelle were, on their State visits.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

good article:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...n-saudi-arabia

OPINION: Trump gets it right in Saudi Arabia

For all the sound and fury over his public remarks and tweets in Washington, President Trump’s visit to Saudi Arabia has been a very different story. The president gave the right speech in the right place at the right time. There will still be critics on issues like human rights and Yemen, but the president had a different focus — and almost certainly the right one.

...But, he was perfectly clear about what he expected from the countries present when he said, “There can be no coexistence with this violence. There can be no tolerating it, no accepting it, no excusing it, and no ignoring it...America is prepared to stand with you in pursuit of shared interests and common security...But the nations of the Middle East cannot wait for American power to crush this enemy for them. The nations of the Middle East will have to decide what kind of future they want for themselves, for their countries, and for their children.”

He went on and said, “A better future is only possible if your nations drive out the terrorists and extremists. Drive them out. Drive them of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land. And drive them out of this earth...That means honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires...It means standing together against the murder of innocent Muslims, the oppression of women, the persecution of Jews, and the slaughter of Christians….Religious leaders must make this absolutely clear...And political leaders must speak out to affirm the same idea: heroes don’t kill innocents. They save them.”

One speech cannot change Arab or Muslim perceptions of the president or the U.S. as an ally. Much will depend on the years and actions that follow. Words really matter, however, and especially in the Middle East. This time, the president used the right words to start rebuilding the foundations of America’s strategic partnerships in the Muslim world and Middle East, and to deal with truly urgent threats. This speech is the right beginning — in remarkably well crafted terms — and it deserves bipartisan and expert respect.

Anthony H. Cordesman holds the Arleigh A. Burke Chair in Strategy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, DC.

[IT does deserve bi-partisan and expert respect. But I doubt he gets any. ]

This thread is about the Israel leg of the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Israel does not look angry with Trump at all. Didn't the US Press try to say we were going to lose support of Israel because Trump sinned and let a secret intel slip out?

I don't think that was an accurate report. Trump received a huge, formal reception from the entire Israeli government as he and the First Lady stepped off the plane. And nothing but glowing speeches about him so far.

I know that many here were breathless with anticipation, hoping to see the POTUS have a delusional meltdown and be dissed and insulted by the other governments. I don't think that is going to happen. IMO, he is being treated with much greater respect that Barack and Michelle were, on their State visits.
    Why are you trying to start discord? I posted nothing of the sort.

FFS. Can't even post a news article (not even a personal comment) without someone trying to pick a fight.

Mind boggling.

fight with you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    Why are you trying to start discord? I posted nothing of the sort.

FFS. Can't even post a news article (not even a personal comment) without someone trying to pick a fight.

Mind boggling.

I was not trying to pick a fight with you. I didn't quote you. Where did I say that you said anything at all?

I was making a comment that came to me when I read the article that I posted. It had nothing to do with you at all.

Yes, mind boggling. Everything is not all about you.
    Last edited by katydid23; 05-22-2017 at 06:31 AM.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39973197

US President Donald Trump has arrived in Israel as he continues his first foreign trip.
    He flew in from Saudi Arabia, a key US ally, where he gave a speech to Arab and Muslim leaders at a summit.
    Mr Trump will hold talks with both Israeli and Palestinian leaders during the course of his two-day stop.
    The president has called an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement "the ultimate deal", but has been vague about what form it should take.
    He has said he prefers to leave it to both sides to decide between them in direct talks. On his arrival in Tel Aviv, Mr Trump said he hoped the US and Israel could work together in an era of "harmony, prosperity and peace".
    Mr Trump's flight between Saudi Arabia and Israel is likely to have been the first between the two countries, that have no diplomatic relations.

fight with you

I was not trying to pick a fight with you. I didn't quote you.
    I was making a comment that came to me when I read the article. It had nothing to do with you at all.

Yes, mind boggling. Everything is not all about you.
    The articles I posted also said no such a thing. Your post reads as if you are rebutting something previously posted.

The articles I posted also said no such a thing. Your post reads as if you are rebutting something previously posted.
    When I posted that, I had not even read what you posted. I was watching CNN and commenting on what I SAW ON TV.

It had nothing to do with you or your post. No need to come at me all aggressively when I said nothing about you or in reply to you.

I had not read your article and my comments had nothing to do with your post or your link.

Apology accepted...

When I posted that, I had not even read what you posted. I was watching CNN and commenting on what I SAW ON TV.

It had nothing to do with you or your post. No need to come at me all aggressively when I said nothing about you or in reply to you.
    You entered this thread with an argument and did not bother to preface it with "i saw on tv where people were saying..."

And of course you did not read the link.

Please do not accuse me of picking a fight with you, when my post had nothing at all to do with yours. We posted at about the same time.

And please do not tell me how to post. Thanks.

I did not 'enter this thread with an argument.' I was commenting on arguments that news reports were making, predicting that Israel was mad at Trump. Sorry if you could not follow along. But I NEVER said anything argumentative to you at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=47545023

In Israel, Trump is to be the first sitting U.S. president to visit the Western Wall, which has pleased Israeli officials. But in preparations for the planned visit, a junior U.S. official commented to Israelis that the Jewish holy site is "not your territory. It's part of the West Bank" -- a remark that an Israeli official said was "received with shock."

White House press secretary Sean Spicer sought to clarify the U.S. official's comment, saying it does not reflect American policy and that “the Western Wall is obviously one of the holiest sites in the Jewish faith.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ael/102002116/

On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, eager to make a good impression with Trump, had to instruct all his Cabinet ministers to attend the arrival ceremony after some had planned to skip the event. Netanyahu, who viewed Obama as a poor ally, greeted Trump’s election with barely disguised joy. Some Israelis have echoed Netanyahu's approval of the new American president and his first overseas visit that started over the weekend in Saudi Arabia.

http://m.jpost.com/app/article/492501

( I know some don't like the fashion commentary, but I LOVE Melania's white suit, here!)
    Not available.

Fashion commentary. America and I like to look at fashion commentary.

I am always amazed at some outfits like movie stars that wear uglier clothes than mine.

My SIL threatened to burn my 80's jacket I wore for gardening.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast