1085 users online (188 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

2017.05.22 - Michael Flynn to take 5th and not cooperate with Russia probe

05/22/2017 10:25 am ET | Updated 20 minutes ago

Michael Flynn To Plead The Fifth And Refuse To Cooperate With Senate Russia Probe

The Senate intelligence committee subpoenaed documents from President Donald Trumpís former national security adviser.

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn will not be cooperating with a Senate intelligence committee investigation, according to the Associated Press. He intends to invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination Monday to avoid turning over documents lawmakers have subpoenaed related to his interactions with Russian officials.

Neither the leaders of the Senate intelligence committee nor Flynnís lawyer returned requests for comment...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03b485cb33b4a

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    hi you !

just noticed this thread

They can plead the fifth but audio and video documentation is hard to the fifth away.

There all gonna do this - why we have to just get the racketeering stuff done and over with !!
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    Telling ya guys Claude info has been amazing

CNN is catching up to FinCEN investigation that @LouiseMensch and @TrueFactsStated reported WEEKS AGO.
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

All they have on Flynn legally is from the Oct 2016 fisa, he was fired for not telling VP the truth of his conversation. (as he should have been) they don't seem to have anything or he would have been arrested.

Agree with the 5th being used.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

So, what are the potential consequences for ignoring a Congressional subpoena?

2 U.S. Code ß 192 provides, in part:

Every person who having been summoned as a witness by the authority of either House of Congress to give testimony or to produce papers upon any matter under inquiry before … any committee of either House of Congress, willfully makes default … shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000 nor less than $100 and imprisonment in a common jail for not less than one month nor more than twelve months.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/here...onal-subpeona/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    May 22 2017, 12:25 pm ET

Flynn to Invoke 5th Amendment Rights in Response to Senate Probe

by Kasie Hunt

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn plans to invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in response to a subpoena from the Senate Intelligence Committee for documents related to their investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, a source close to Flynn confirms to NBC News...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...-probe-n763026

Source says Flynn will invoke Fifth Amendment

Hope Yen, Associated Press 7:19 a.m. ET May 22, 2017

Washington ó Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn will invoke his 5th Amendment protection against self-incrimination as he notifies a Senate panel that he wonít hand over documents in the probe into Russiaís meddling in the 2016 election, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.
    The notification will come in a letter to the Senate Intelligence committee expected later Monday. The person providing details spoke on condition anonymity in order to discuss private interactions between Flynn and the committee.

Flynnís decision comes less than two weeks after the committee issued a subpoena for Flynnís personal documents...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...obe/102002458/

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    All they have on Flynn legally is from the Oct 2016 fisa, he was fired for not telling VP the truth of his conversation. (as he should have been) they don't seem to have anything or he would have been arrested.

Agree with the 5th being used.
    I'm pretty sure that they would do a thorough investigation before arresting Flynn. He has the right to plead the 5th, but it looks dodgy for a politician to say he will not cooperate with this investigation. It's hard to claim that one has the best interest of the country at heart, and also reject the responsibility for openness and accountability.

Michael Flynn will invoke 5th Amendment, won't comply with Senate's subpoena due to 'escalating public frenzy against him'

http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...-russia-2017-5

At this link is a photo of Trump, flynn and a man in uniform & man in suit.
    I wonder what is in that briefcase the man in uniform is carrying.

Words matter.

When that shady IRS lady took the 5th, many libs defended her, saying it was her constitutional right...
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    When that shady IRS lady took the 5th, many libs defended her, saying it was her constitutional right...
    What lady? Who defended her? You have links.

Michael Flynn will invoke 5th Amendment, won't comply with Senate's subpoena due to 'escalating public frenzy against him'

http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...-russia-2017-5

At this link is a photo of Trump, flynn and a man in uniform & man in suit.
    I wonder what is in that briefcase the man in uniform is carrying.
    I don't know. Maybe it's THE briefcase?

I sure like his uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they would do a thorough investigation before arresting Flynn. He has the right to plead the 5th, but it looks dodgy for a politician to say he will not cooperate with this investigation. It's hard to claim that one has the best interest of the country at heart, and also reject the responsibility for openness and accountability.
    Pleading the fifth might also be an attempt to help someone else. As in he pleads the fifth and looks guilty making someone else look not guilty. People fill in their own "What is he not saying?" blanks.

Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    What lady? Who defended her? You have links.
    ďIn particular, the Committee found that Ms. Lerner used her position to improperly influence IRS action against conservative organizations, denying these groups due process and protection rights under the law. The Committee also found she impeded official investigations by providing misleading statements in response to questions from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. Finally, Lerner risked exposing, and may have actually disclosed, confidential taxpayer information, in apparent violation of Internal Revenue Code section 6103 by using her personal email to conduct official business.Ē

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...ervatives.html

This lady.

Words matter.

“In particular, the Committee found that Ms. Lerner used her position to improperly influence IRS action against conservative organizations, denying these groups due process and protection rights under the law. The Committee also found she impeded official investigations by providing misleading statements in response to questions from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. Finally, Lerner risked exposing, and may have actually disclosed, confidential taxpayer information, in apparent violation of Internal Revenue Code section 6103 by using her personal email to conduct official business.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...ervatives.html

This lady.
    And you have more links to prove the liberals who defended her for pleading the fifth are now criticizing Flynn for pleading the fifth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast