1330 users online (266 members and 1064 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NV - Alinda Miller, 33, Las Vegas, 7 Nov 2005

Metro police are still looking for a woman they believe was kidnapped and is in danger. Police say Alinda Miller was taken by her husband Ronald Joseph Nelson Monday morning. She hasn't been seen now since Nov. 7.

Police say Alinda Miller was at the home she shares with her father when her husband, Ronald Joseph Nelson, a parolee, broke in through a sliding glass door. A friend staying at the home fled and called police.

Metro Police Lt. Ted Snodgrass said, "We'll deal with him later. I want to find her and hopefully, best case scenario, find her and she's okay.

Metro police just want to find Alinda Miller alive. They're concerned about her safety after they say she was kidnapped by her husband. Nelson was on house arrest for a battery conviction when he broke into Miller's family home. A friend in the house called police when the couple's fight became violent.

Police say Joseph Nelson did have an ankle bracelet for his house arrest. However it did not have a global positioning system, or GPS, which would help police locate him now.
    http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.a...88412&nav=168Y
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Well that bracelet did a lot of good. This sounds like a dangerous situation. I hope she is still alive and is found soon.

Estranged Husband Arrested in Wife's Abduction

Nov 14, 2005

A woman feared missing has been located, and her estranged husband has been arrested on felony charges in a break-in at the woman's Las Vegas home.
    Police say today (Monday) that 33-year-old Alinda Miller was found safe Friday at a friend's home in the Las Vegas area.

26-year-old Ronald "Joe" Nelson was found and arrested Saturday at a low-cost motel just west of the Las Vegas Strip.

The couple had been the focus of a regional search -- with police saying they thought Miller had been abducted and was in danger.

Nelson's being held on a probation violation -- and is due Wednesday in court on felony burglary and home invasion charges.

He was sought in a November seventh break-in at Miller's home near the Las Vegas Beltway and Charleston Boulevard.

Police say Nelson was supposed to be under house arrest in another battery case.

http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4117821

Thank goodness she is safe. I feared for her,good news indeed.

Thanks for update.

It sounds as though she fled to the friend's home voluntarily. Wonder why she didn't let her father know where she was?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I had the impression that the dad saw him come in and take his daughter out of the house. Maybe not though.

I'm glad there was a happy ending to this story. Hope they throw this guy in jail for a long time so this woman can feel safe.