Found Deceased CA - Catherine Huberty, 54, Santa Rosa, 19 May 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Catherine Huberty, described as a high-functioning schizophrenic, has physical disabilities and typically walks with a cane.

Huberty was last seen Friday afternoon near her home in the remote 2200 block of Mark West Springs Road. A neighbor’s surveillance system caught her on video about 4:45 p.m. Friday, slowly walking up a steep driveway. The woman was dragging a large push broom behind her.

Huberty, wearing a black dress and white shawl, got to the dead end of the drive and then disappeared from the surveillance tape as the roadway gives way to a trail, which leads down to Mark West Creek.

Her caretaker reported her missing at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Sunday, about 20 sheriff’s volunteer search and rescue team members and search dogs combed the area. The search was scaled back Monday to about 6 people and 2 dogs as most volunteers weren’t available on the work day.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7020067-181/search-on-for-missing-santa

Was she going to rescue a stuck animal maybe?

It could be anything really as for the reason for the broom. The first thing that came to my mind was her mental state???

Sheriff’s search and rescue volunteers returned to the Mark West Springs Road hillsides Tuesday morning to resume their third day of searching.

Huberty, who had stopped taking medication for schizophrenia, had recently been diagnosed with a degenerative nerve disease known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, or ALS.

Huberty typically walked with a cane. The video showed she had no cane but was pulling a large push broom up the hill.

Sheriff’s deputies are investigating whether the woman could have made it down to Mark West Springs Road and gotten a ride. But Tuesday’s search continued to focus on the hillsides, which are so steep volunteers are using ropes to safely make their way.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7023601-181/search-back-on-for-missing?artslide=0

Sheriff’s search and rescue volunteers returned to the Mark West Springs Road hillsides Tuesday morning to resume their third day of searching.

Huberty, who had stopped taking medication for schizophrenia, had recently been diagnosed with a degenerative nerve disease known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, or ALS.

Huberty typically walked with a cane. The video showed she had no cane but was pulling a large push broom up the hill.

Sheriff’s deputies are investigating whether the woman could have made it down to Mark West Springs Road and gotten a ride. But Tuesday’s search continued to focus on the hillsides, which are so steep volunteers are using ropes to safely make their way.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7023601-181/search-back-on-for-missing?artslide=0

This poor woman. Lots of cards stacked against her. I hope she stays safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. This is really bad. If she has so much trouble getting around, and fell..... :(

Bless her heart :-[

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Oh no. I'm so sorry. What a mess for her to have to deal with. RIP Catherine 🕯

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members