1086 users online (221 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

Warner: Door open to holding Flynn in contempt after invoking Fifth Amendment

My friends

I do not know this is a mess I think we just need one thread. This is gonna go on and on. None of this is isolated it's an entire story

The only way moo we need to just get on one thread and do all the nuance - this is very convoluted

I don't know

This only my notion but this is gonna get more nuts -- so I think one thread to chronicle history in the making is ideal moo

we are ending up do all these fragmented parts but they all are interconnected.

This is history this an impeachment or arrest of our leader -

Tricia is there a way to just merge it all and we all proceed because of it all matters in a cohesive whole.

Imo we all are doing what they are doing- we are fragmenting this --

There are not separated parts -- this is history.

It's all so convoluted tale of a sad chapter in our nation's history - much like Watergate, Pentagon papers, Iran contra, Bill Clinton

It can't be divided up in all these threads, it's a giant mess moo

Is our leader gonna end up formally impeached - or arrested in handcuffs yep

No matter how this plays - it's sad and scary ahhh but mainly sad
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

Plenty of people take the 5th--and do not get charged with contempt.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...ansom-payments

Loretta Lynch:

Attorney General Lynch 'Pleads Fifth' On Secret Iran 'Ransom' Payments

Attorney General Loretta Lynch is declining to comply with an investigation by leading members of Congress about the Obama administration’s secret efforts to send Iran $1.7 billion in cash earlier this year, prompting accusations that Lynch has “pleaded the Fifth” Amendment to avoid incriminating herself over these payments, according to lawmakers and communications exclusively obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Also:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...rged-contempt/

Lois Lerner, former IRS official, won’t be charged with contempt

The Obama administration informed Capitol Hill this week that it won’t prosecute former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner for contempt of Congress, concluding that she did not waive her Fifth Amendment rights to avoid answering questions when she was called to testify nearly two years ago.
    Ms. Lerner, the figure at the center of the IRS tea party targeting scandal, is still facing investigation over the intrusive scrutiny of conservative groups, but the decision by U.S. Attorney Ronald Machen does away with at least some of her legal jeopardy.

AND:

Federal official in Arizona to plead the fifth and not answer questions on 'furious'

The chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona is refusing to testify before Congress regarding Operation Fast and Furious, the federal gun-running scandal that sent U.S. weapons to Mexico.

Patrick J. Cunningham informed the House Oversight Committee late Thursday through his attorney that he will use the Fifth Amendment protection.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Hey CARIIS, did you see this thread?

Michael Flynn to take 5th and not cooperate with Russia probe
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...h-Russia-probe

So those 3 people linked above, took the 5th to avoid testifying. All 3 of them were involved in possible criminal activities that could have e led all the way up to the Obama White House. But they each took the 5th, and it protected them from prosecution and it protected the administration.

None were charged with contempt. The prominent Dems said it was within their rights to take the 5th and so it is interesting that Flynn is now being lambasted for doing so.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Taking the Fifth is the smart thing to do from a legal perspective for those who have violated the law, obviously. It does not have to mean that they are protecting anyone else - it could just be a means of covering one's own behind.

But you're right to point out how troubling the disparate handling of all these cases is.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Taking the Fifth is the smart thing to do from a legal perspective for those who have violated the law, obviously. It does not have to mean that they are protecting anyone else - it could just be a means of covering one's own behind.

But you're right to point out how troubling the disparate handling of all these cases is.

Thanks button was not enough. I have been having trouble trying to put into words all the weird conflicty thoughts....

But you got it. It is the odd handling of it all that almost removes any benefit of the doubt I may have carried at first.

However, when each day is a new ˇescandala! , little doubt remains.

This is a bad administration, a bad presidency, and a bad period in American history.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post

Thanks.

It doesn't mean that, but it can, just like it can mean he's protecting himself. Or any number of things. When I'm speculating wildly (as I feel I am in this case because who knows what lies ahead) I like to include as many possibilities as possible.

It helps that I just read an article about an attorney using another witness pleading the fifth to his client's advantage.

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!