TX - David Graves, 5 mos, beaten to death, San Antonio, 18 Dec 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO -- A 25-year-old San Antonio woman has been charged in the death of her infant son.

Devon Arlene Vega was charged with capital murder in the death of 5-month-old David Lee Graves IV. He died less than two weeks after caseworkers began investigating her for a second time on suspicion of neglect.

Vega is being held in the Bexar (BEHR) County Jail without bond.

Investigators said she admitted Tuesday to beating the child the night before he died. An arrest affidavit said Vega admitted she dropped him several times, shook him, threw him to the floor and struck him with her fist.

David was found dead in the living room Sunday morning. At the time, Vega told police that he'd jumped from her arms the night before and landed face-first on a rocky sidewalk.
http://www.ksat.com/news/5597465/detail.html
>>>>>>?
I hope she gets the DP this poor little thing didnt stand a chance ,she was being investigated 2 weeks before she killed him and they didnt see anything?:banghead:

I would like to have just 2 minutes alone with her, thats all.....:mad:

michelle said:
I would like to have just 2 minutes alone with her, thats all.....:mad:
Bet I'd only need just 1 minute! I hate these kind of stories!!

SadieMae said:
Bet I'd only need just 1 minute! I hate these kind of stories!!
well i figure 2 so i could really beat the $%$^@ out of her......i hate these stories as well, poor baby didnt stand a chance....

I hesitated to post as it invokes so much anger in me. But, yes she does deserve the death penalty. That is her rage against someone who has nothing to do with it. Even claiming mental disability....it is far beyond. She isn't an Andrea Yates where everyone around knew including the doctors and the system failed. This is someone who acted on their own.

aussiegran said:
SAN ANTONIO -- A 25-year-old San Antonio woman has been charged in the death of her infant son.

Devon Arlene Vega was charged with capital murder in the death of 5-month-old David Lee Graves IV. He died less than two weeks after caseworkers began investigating her for a second time on suspicion of neglect.

Vega is being held in the Bexar (BEHR) County Jail without bond.

Investigators said she admitted Tuesday to beating the child the night before he died. An arrest affidavit said Vega admitted she dropped him several times, shook him, threw him to the floor and struck him with her fist.

David was found dead in the living room Sunday morning. At the time, Vega told police that he'd jumped from her arms the night before and landed face-first on a rocky sidewalk.
http://www.ksat.com/news/5597465/detail.html
>>>>>>?
I hope she gets the DP this poor little thing didnt stand a chance ,she was being investigated 2 weeks before she killed him and they didnt see anything?:banghead:
yea.......5 months olds jump out of your arms every time you turn around--especially when case workers have been to your house twice in 2 weeks-----I dont now which of the 2 to blame first---:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

j2mirish said:
yea.......5 months olds jump out of your arms every time you turn around--especially when case workers have been to your house twice in 2 weeks-----I dont now which of the 2 to blame first---:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
Exactly! Obviously Family Services didn't do their part, either! :furious:

Devon Arlene Vega

Housed: Mountain View
Sentence Date: 06/22/2007

Offense: Murder
Sentence: 40 years

Parole Eligibility Date: 12/18/2025
Projected Release Date: 12/18/2045
Maximum Sentence Date: 12/18/2045

Members online

Online statistics

Members online