804 users online (89 members and 715 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,287

    Elephant Collapses on South African Hunter. KARMA???

    " Theunis Botha died on Friday at 51, after 28 years as a famous South African big game hunter. He was leading a group of huntsman in Hwange National Park, when they accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants. Three of the elephants charged the group.MSN reports that Botha fired his rifle on the charging cows, but a fourth swept in and surprised him from the side. She lifted Botha with her trunk and was shot by another hunter. Dead, she collapsed on top of Botha, killing him."

    http://jezebel.com/man-who-dedicated...y-e-1795429484. May 22

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,864
    it was the breeding that was going on that started this aggression is my guess. Regardless, sad when anyone dies, including the elephant.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,710
    definitely karma
    I feel sympathy only for the elephants
    sitting on my hands now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    " Theunis Botha died on Friday at 51, after 28 years as a famous South African big game hunter. He was leading a group of huntsman in Hwange National Park, when they accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants. Three of the elephants charged the group.MSN reports that Botha fired his rifle on the charging cows, but a fourth swept in and surprised him from the side. She lifted Botha with her trunk and was shot by another hunter. Dead, she collapsed on top of Botha, killing him."

    http://jezebel.com/man-who-dedicated...y-e-1795429484. May 22
    So let me get this straight -- a famous elephant hunter leading a hunt for elephants "accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants?"

    What? Folks pay this guy to find elephants, yet he doesn't know where the elephants are?

    Karma plus Darwin's Revenge, I'd say.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,337
    How ironic that the elephant that someone in his party killed, killed him back. Mother Nature had the same reaction to this guy that she did to Chiffon Margarine.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    my cosy corner
    Posts
    584
    I agree with all of the above posts.
    We need all of the female elephants to keep breeding to try to stop the path to extinction that they are all on.
    (The poor female elephants have a TWO YEAR PREGNANCY then they have to give birth to a BABY ELEPHANT).
    The dude that died was "a famous South African big game hunter", and they were hunting IN A NATIONAL PARK.
    DEFINITELY KARMA.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    So let me get this straight -- a famous elephant hunter leading a hunt for elephants "accidentally came upon a group of breeding elephants?"

    What? Folks pay this guy to find elephants, yet he doesn't know where the elephants are?

    Karma plus Darwin's Revenge, I'd say.
    I bet he knew where the elephants breed and went there for easy pickings.You would think hunters would want more breeding so they have something to kill : (

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    it was the breeding that was going on that started this aggression is my guess. Regardless, sad when anyone dies, including the elephant.
    I think ^^^^this is worth repeating!

    I hate the hunting but I also hate the loss of human life.



Similar Threads

  1. Handsome Italian wakes South African stroke patient
    By zwiebel in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 04:31 AM
  2. Birth of Baby Elephant- video from African wildlife trust
    By rainwater in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 06:28 PM
  3. Birth of Baby Elephant- video from African wildlife trust
    By rainwater in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2015, 10:19 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 11:54 AM
  5. South African TV actress hacked toddler son to death
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 03:54 PM