WA WA - Mistie Micheletti, 11, Vancouver, 15 Jan 1994

LotsaLatte

Reaction score
Mistie Micheletti.jpg

Mistie Micheletti was 11 years old in 1994 when she was abducted from her home and murdered. Her body was found in the Columbia River. I didn't see a thread on this little sweetie so I thought I would start one after I read the local news today. Here is an article that seems to imply there may be a tie to Mistie's murder and the murder of 6 year old Rosia Tapia in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1995.

The article spells Mistie's last name Mitcheletti but I don't think there is a "t" in her last name.

I searched for a thread with both spellings and didn't find one, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate.

http://koin.com/2017/05/22/cold-case-did-mistie-mays-killer-have-another-victim/

man its been too long this is rediculous. more people need to care. are there any resources i can use to figure it out myself? are there any similar cases this isnt a one time killer once you kill you kill again

On January 15, 1994, 11-year-old Mistie May Micheletti vanished from her bedroom in Vancouver, Washington, only to be found dead days later in a river.

Her stepbrothers told police they saw a man in Mistie’s room on the night she disappeared and believed he was burglarizing the house, so they went back to their beds for safety.

Mistie’s mom was working an overnight shift at the time.

Police initially believed that Mistie had run away, but her family rejected that notion.

“Mistie wasn’t the kind of child that would’ve taken off and ran away anyway,” the girl’s aunt, Kellie Karlson, told KING5. “She was a very innocent child.”

Authorities say they received an unspecified new lead in December 2022. A spokesperson for the Vancouver Police Department told KING5 that investigators will use whatever technologies they can to find Mistie’s killer.

Genetic genealogy has been increasingly used to crack cold cases in recent years. The process entails searching public genealogy databases for people who share family trees of the unknown perpetrators.

“Mistie May Micheletti deserves justice,” Mistie’s cousin, Nicole Peterson, told KING5. “The most important thing is that the case is not forgotten. And that’s why I’ve taken this mantle in supporting our family, to help make sure that never happens.”

I think about this case a lot. It’s local to me but people just don’t really talk about it or even know about it. I wonder if more attention would be the answer to helping fund genealogy or where it’s at

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back