Thread: Three children found dead in Idaho home, man arrested

Unhappy Three children found dead in Idaho home, man arrested

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) - Police in Twin Falls, Idaho, have found
    the bodies of three young children in a home. A man who lived there
    with them has been arrested.
    Police say the children, who were under age ten, had no visible
    signs of trauma. Their names were not released.
    Jim Junior Nice was arrested for investigation of first-degree
    murder. Police say Nice was in the home when police discovered the
    bodies. Nice's relationship to the children is being determined.
    But Boise T-V station K-T-V-B quoted an unnamed relative as saying
    Nice was the children's father.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

The SOB A$$hole why do the kids always have to suffer from a%%holes like these.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Here's a link:
    http://www.ktvb.com/

A 33-year-old Idaho man has been arrested on charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of three young children who were found in a home this morning after police responded to a request to check on the children's welfare.

Twin Falls Police Chief Jim Munn said Jim Junior Nice of Twin Falls was found with the bodies of the three children at the home, taken to the police station, questioned and subsequently charged with murder. Records show Nice resided at the home where the children were found from January 1995 through April 2003, but police did not reveal if he was related to the children, whose names have not been released.
    http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=n...s.cfm&ID=30158
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Those poor children... :'(

The relative said he was a nice man, but he must have just "snapped". What makes a person just "snap" and then "snap" back? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl
    The relative said he was a nice man, but he must have just "snapped". What makes a person just "snap" and then "snap" back? I don't get it.
    I have noticed that excuse pop up from time to time. It is like you don't have to worry too much because they just "snapped". Not a real serious threat, right!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I have noticed that excuse pop up from time to time. It is like you don't have to worry too much because they just "snapped". Not a real serious threat, right!
    Yeah....and, I just don't get it. How is that justified? Gee, he was just having a bad moment, but the moment passed? I don't think so.

Dad Accused Of Killing Children So They Wouldn't Suffer Through His Divorce

According to court papers, an Idaho man accused of using poison to kill his three young children told police he didn't want them "to suffer through divorce."

According to a Twin Falls police affidavit, Nice admitted the killings after he was taken into custody, and "appeared despondent over his recent divorce." He also told police he had taken medications in an attempt to kill himself.
    http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/articl...?storyid=54137
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The coward takes medication when trying to kill himself but he gives the children poison!!! Poison is one of the most painful ways to die. If this jerk had been serious about suicide he would have taken the poison when he was giving it to those poor little kids. This doesn't surprise me though as most killers are cowards. They rarely ever take their own lives.

This just makes me sick. He didn't want the children to suffer through a divorce. Now that is a good reason to murder your children. What the heck is this world coming to? We've have parents murdering their children....children murdering their parents...perverts galore running around raping and murdering children....husbands, ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends murdering their ex girlfriends, ex-wives, and wives. I can't remember the world ever being as bad as it has been in the last few years and it just keeps getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    This just makes me sick. He didn't want the children to suffer through a divorce. Now that is a good reason to murder your children. What the heck is this world coming to? We've have parents murdering their children....children murdering their parents...perverts galore running around raping and murdering children....husbands, ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends murdering their ex girlfriends, ex-wives, and wives. I can't remember the world ever being as bad as it has been in the last few years and it just keeps getting worse.
    And don't forget the persons who defend them, swearing they wouldn't have couldn't have done what they did.

The Idaho man accused of killing his three children allegedly did it with rat poison and an over-the-counter medication. Police say he has told them he didn't want the kids to suffer through his divorce.

Fatally poisoned were six-year-old twins and a two-year-old.
    http://www.9and10news.com/News/story.asp?StoryID=47861

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The Idaho man accused of killing his three children allegedly did it with rat poison and an over-the-counter medication. Police say he has told them he didn't want the kids to suffer through his divorce.

Fatally poisoned were six-year-old twins and a two-year-old.
    http://www.9and10news.com/News/story.asp?StoryID=47861

Those poor little kids. I wonder where their mother was? Did she not want them or would he not let her have them? Rat poison. When he gets the death penalty maybe he should be given rat poison without any over the counter medication...which probably didn't do much good anyway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    Those poor little kids. I wonder where their mother was? Did she not want them or would he not let her have them? Rat poison. When he gets the death penalty maybe he should be given rat poison without any over the counter medication...which probably didn't do much good anyway!!!
    Good question Bobbisangel. I was under the impression that he had the kids for visitation. But we haven't heard anything from the mother- not where she was, no reaction quotes, nothing from her family. Of course if it had happened to me, they would have to keep me knocked out. Otherwise I would be trying to find a way to get at the Dad.

Family of accused murderer speaks out

For the first time since Jim Junior Nice was accused of murdering his children at their Twin Falls home, his family is making an emotional plea for understanding.

And Friday, KTVB sat down with the brother-in-law of accused murderer, Jim Junior Nice.

Larry Hare spoke as the representative of Nice's parents, sisters, and extended family, and showed pictures of the young victims who were found dead in their home earlier this week.

They’re pictured spending time in the outdoors with their father, 2-year old Raquel and the twins, 6-year old Justin and Spencer.

Hare read a prepared statement from Jim Nice's immediate family conveying sympathy and sorrow for the victims' mother, Leslie, and presented another side of the man who is accused of killing his three children with rat poison.
    http://www.krem.com/news/northwest/s...L.d1d784c.html
    Picture of Dad with the kids at the link

Nice fought for custody of children

The divorce between Jim Junior Nice and Leslie Raquel Olsen was fiercely contested, as the couple battled for custody of their three children and visitation rights.

Motions, stipulations, court orders and other legal documents fill a divorce case file two inches thick at the Twin Falls 5th District Court records office.

But in the end, Nice and Olsen settled the marriage through negotiation, avoiding a courtroom showdown.

Indications are that Nice didn't want the divorce, nor to have the children go through it.

Olsen, now of Hagerman, had her maiden name restored when the divorce was finalized in March. She filed for divorce in August, 2004, three months after a fourth child, 22-month-old Ian Nice, drowned in a small ditch near Harmon Park.

She alleged that Nice inflicted "extreme mental cruelty as well as extreme physical cruelty" upon her as the reasons for the divorce. The allegations were denied by Nice in a counterclaim and the words were dropped from all subsequent court filings.

Criminal records at 5th District Court do not show a history of violence on the part of Nice. However, divorce proceeding documents indicate that witnesses, police records and information from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare would be used against him if the divorce came to a courtroom showdown.

Records further show that following the death of Ian Nice on May 9, 2004, the other three children were taken away from the couple and placed in the custody of Olsen's parents in Hagerman. Nice and Olsen separated on June 15 of that year.
    http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/...al_state.2.txt

Jim Junior Nice

Guilty Plea
    Sentence Date: 11/09/2006

Offense: 3 counts of 1st Degree Murder
    Sentence: 3 Life Terms - Consecutive without Parole

Dad gets life terms for killing his 3 kids

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) -- Jim Junior Nice, who killed his twin 6- year-old boys and 2-year-old daughter with poison late last year, has been sentenced to three consecutive life sentences.

During sentencing Thursday, 5th District Judge John Butler wept, The Times-News reported.

"It's difficult to fathom how a father could take the lives of three precious young children," Butler said before stopping to regain his composure. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be emotional in this. But as a father myself, how a father characterized as loving and caring could in any circumstance take the lives of his three children. ...

snip

The children were found dead Dec. 21 in a house in Twin Falls. Prosecutors say Nice used rat poison and over-the-counter medication to kill 6-year-old twins Justin and Spencer and their 2-year-old sister, Raquel.

More at link:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n16841794/

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post: