1189 users online (185 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Liberty Co., Male found in wooded area, May '17 - Arnold 'Junior' Coker

Human remains were found in a wooded area along the 1400 block of CR 3737 in north Liberty County Monday, according to a statement from the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.

The remains, believed to be that of a white male, were first reported to authorities around 10 a.m.

"A nearby resident of the area found the remains and called the sheriff's office," said Capt. Ken DeFoor, spokesperson for the sheriff's office. "Sheriff's investigators are in the process of interviewing residents in the area during this early state of the investigation in an attempt to determine the identity of the deceased and to establish any sightings anyone may have that would help in clearing up details as to why the man would have been in the wooded area."
    http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/cl...y-11168721.php
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

So many possibilities here... *waits*

Reading up on this I learned about the Missing Texas 40 in Liberty and a neighboring county. Hopefully this will bring some closure to loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by holmesleuthing View Post
    Reading up on this I learned about the Missing Texas 40 in Liberty and a neighboring county. Hopefully this will bring some closure to loved ones.
    I ha a friend who's mother's house is there, and let me tell you it was like a combination of swampland woodland that is one scary place to me for some reason.
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl62 View Post
    So many possibilities here... *waits*
    And Texas is a BIG state.

Quote Originally Posted by sloane7777 View Post
    I ha a friend who's mother's house is there, and let me tell you it was like a combination of swampland woodland that is one scary place to me for some reason.
    *queues banjo music*

It's the southwestern edge of the East Texas Piney Woods. My husband is from East Texas. I call him a $#:%! hillbilly whenever I am mad and I really want to get his attention.

No seriously, the Texas 40, and all of those MPs and UIDs in the Texas Killing Fields and. I45 corridor is beyond overwhelming.

I would like to know the estimated PM interval before I start looking. I got 5 just from putting Liberty County and male in Namus.

Identified:

Human remains found Tuesday in a wooded area off of CR 3737 in Liberty County have been identified as Arnold Lee "Junior" Coker Jr.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/cl...n-11171769.php

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Identified:

Human remains found Tuesday in a wooded area off of CR 3737 in Liberty County have been identified as Arnold Lee "Junior" Coker Jr.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/cl...n-11171769.php
    His poor mama. What a sad story. Unemployed ironworker with substance issues and poor health wanting to change his life. Man, I hope he didn't OD. RIP Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by watergirl62 View Post
    *queues banjo music*

It's the southwestern edge of the East Texas Piney Woods. My husband is from East Texas. I call him a $#:%! hillbilly whenever I am mad and I really want to get his attention.

No seriously, the Texas 40, and all of those MPs and UIDs in the Texas Killing Fields and. I45 corridor is beyond overwhelming.

I would like to know the estimated PM interval before I start looking. I got 5 just from putting Liberty County and male in Namus.
    yeah I think if I were to do away w/ someone that would be the place !
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.