641 users online (74 members and 567 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Please Excuse My President

Few things are more difficult in politics than confronting failure and learning from it. It is especially difficult when a leader you have championed, and in whom you have placed your highest hopes, turns out to be less than he seemed.
    Such is the dilemma facing liberals in the age of Obama. Barack Obama entered the presidency with his sights and standards very high, and many liberals believed he could be the transformative figure they had been awaiting for generations. But by now it is clear that, by any reasonable measure (including those set out by Obama himself at the beginning of his term), his presidency has been a failure.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/a...-my-president/

Solyndra: Politics infused Obama energy programs

Then came the August morning when Sterio heard a newscaster announce that more than a thousand Solyndra employees were out of work. Only recently did she learn that, within the Obama administration, the company’s potential collapse had long been discussed.

“It’s not about the people; it’s politics,” said Sterio, who remains jobless and at risk of losing her home. “We all feel betrayed.”

Since the failure of the company, Obama’s entire $80 billion clean-
    technology program has begun to look like a political liability for an administration about to enter a bruising reelection campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/solyn...lHP_story.html

Obama tells adoring crowd in Berlin: ‘We can’t hide behind a wall’

Barack Obama received a hero’s welcome when he reunited with Angela Merkel for the first time since leaving office, calling on the audience to engage in democracy and telling the tens of thousands in Berlin: “We can’t hide behind a wall.”

Speaking in front of the Brandenburg Gate, which was once cut off by the Berlin Wall, the former US president was greeted with cries of “Barack, Barack” as he urged the 70,000-strong crowd to “push back against those trends that would violate human rights or suppress democracy or restrict individual freedoms” and to “fight against those who divide us”.
    He said he was heartbroken by the suicide bombing in Manchester on Monday, which killed 22 people. Calling the world a “very complicated place”, he said: “We can see the terrible violence that took place just recently in Manchester. It is a reminder that there is a great danger of terrorism and people who would do great harm to others just because they’re different. How heartbroken we are by the loss of life, and we grieve with the families.”

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Oh, I loved that video! I truly miss being able to be proud of our POTUS. What a class act.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by scmom View Post
    Please Excuse My President

Few things are more difficult in politics than confronting failure and learning from it. It is especially difficult when a leader you have championed, and in whom you have placed your highest hopes, turns out to be less than he seemed.
    Such is the dilemma facing liberals in the age of Obama. Barack Obama entered the presidency with his sights and standards very high, and many liberals believed he could be the transformative figure they had been awaiting for generations. But by now it is clear that, by any reasonable measure (including those set out by Obama himself at the beginning of his term), his presidency has been a failure.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/a...-my-president/
    Is this a joke?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2cam View Post
    Is this a joke?

Wishful thinking.

I voted for Obama in 2008.

When one of his first acts as president was to bail out the corrupt banksters, without holding any of them accountable, he lost my vote in 2012.

I understand why, economically speaking (for the good of the country, if not the entire world) a bailout was necessary, but there were no consequences for the corrupt banksters.

The big banks need to be broken up, so that we never face that situation again.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    I voted for Obama in 2008.

When one of his first acts as president was to bail out the corrupt banksters, without holding any of them accountable, he lost my vote in 2012.

I understand why, economically speaking (for the good of the country, if not the entire world) a bailout was necessary, but there were no consequences for the corrupt banksters.

The big banks need to be broken up, so that we never face that situation again.
    He also passed regulations on bankers (Dodd-Frank) to prevent the banks from getting themselves into trouble again. One of the first things 45 did was reverse Dodd-Frank, which of course the big lenders are loving!
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

In the meantime, the banks have gotten bigger than ever.

Dodd-Frank didn't break up the big financial institutions.

Some financial experts believe that it led to increased consolidation - which, IMO, is not good for anyone but the 1%.

One notable concern is that the law has forced consolidation of the United States banking system. The number of community banks (those with less than $10 billion in assets) shrank 14 percent between Dodd-Frank’s passage in 2010 and late 2014.
    https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...ommunity-banks

As Senator Bernie Sanders has said (regarding the financial institutions): It it's too big to fail, it's too big to exist.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2cam View Post
    Is this a joke?

You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Ily Dexter.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Ily Dexter.

Trump and Ben loves Obama as well.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast