1038 users online (145 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Bill Clinton??

Obama was a candidate, but IIRC, never actually made it as a finalist.

Bill Clinton WAS a Rhodes Scholar.
    Yes, you are correct. Clinton was the Rhodes Scholar and Obama was a candidate.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    I was thinkin' Eisenhower until the Rhodes Scholar mention....
    I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that David Dwight (yep & not the other way around) finished last in his class at West Point. So that eliminated DDE immediately for me.
    Only Bill was a Rhodes scholar, I believe.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

DOJ ends Holder-era ‘slush fund’ payouts to outside groups

The Justice Department announced Wednesday it will no longer allow prosecutors to strike settlement agreements with big companies directing them to make payouts to outside groups, ending an Obama-era practice that Republicans decried as a “slush fund” that padded the accounts of liberal interest groups.

“When the federal government settles a case against a corporate wrongdoer, any settlement funds should go first to the victims and then to the American people—not to bankroll third-party special interest groups or the political friends of whoever is in power,” Sessions said in a statement.

Committee Releases Fast & Furious Report: Obstruction of Congress by the Department of Justice
    Published: Jun 7, 2017
    Documents obtained after years of litigation reveal the full depth of DOJ’s obstructionist tactics

https://oversight.house.gov/release/...tment-justice/

President Obama “weaponized” the agencies of our government to advance his leftist agenda both at home and abroad.* Little reporting was done regarding his funneling of tax dollars to an organization run by George Soros that sought to impose left-leaning policies on other nations.* We’re in the lead in shedding some light on that misdeed.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...linton-emails/
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    It was so great when we had a President we could be proud of, that we could believe, that was beloved by other world leaders, that had manners, and was a Rhodes scholar!

I miss that whole family.
    Yes this!

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...-payment-iran/

The Obama administration insisted at the time the cash payment was not ransom for the hostages, but several Republican lawmakers said it was too coincidental to be true. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) reportedly said, “Paying Iran behind our backs, incentivizing further kidnappings of Americans while providing funds for terrorism, is as ignorant as it is wrong.”

Words matter.

Why did Obama do nothing to help Otto Warmbier?

When asked if the previous administration could have done more to secure the release of his son, Fred Warmbier responded, "I think the results speak for themselves."
    The Warmbiers reached out to President Trump's administration, which took more aggressive actions to secure their son's release.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fa...rticle/2626069

"The question is, 'Do I think the past administration could have done more?' I think the results speak for themselves," Warmbier, wearing the same light-colored sport jacket his son wore when addressing the media in North Korea in early 2016, told reporters in Wyoming, Ohio on Thursday.

He added: "We met everyone in the last administration from [then-Secretary of State] John Kerry to... our senators, our congressmen... Those were our efforts."
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...have-done-more

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post

I wish there had been more overlap and they'd had more opportunities to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by smeck View Post
    Yes this!
    Oh yes, I miss them too!

FOIA Request On Susan Rice's Unmaskings Rejected Because "Records Were Moved To Obama Library"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...d-obama-librar

"Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library.* You may send your request to the Obama Library.* However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office."

Sounds like Obstruction of Justice to me.

Mueller where are you on this? Bob?

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    FOIA Request On Susan Rice's Unmaskings Rejected Because "Records Were Moved To Obama Library"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...d-obama-librar

"Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library.* You may send your request to the Obama Library.* However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office."

Sounds like Obstruction of Justice to me.

Mueller where are you on this? Bob?
    It sounds like the Presidential Communications Act to me:

Establishes a process for restriction and public access to these records. Specifically, the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years.

The PRA also establishes procedures for Congress, courts, and subsequent administrations to obtain special access to records that remain closed to the public, following a 30‑day notice period to the former and current Presidents.
    A conspiracy theory website asking for the records would follow the FOIA, and isn't t the same as the DOJ or FBI asking for them.

How do you get obstruction of justice out of that?

President of Judicial Watch, Tom Fitton had this to say about the breaking news, “Prosecutors, Congress, and the public will want to know when the National Security Council shipped off the records about potential intelligence abuses by the Susan Rice and others in the Obama White House to the memory hole of the Obama Presidential Library. We are considering our legal options but we hope that the Special Counsel and Congress also consider their options and get these records.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...obama-library/

Words matter.

Good luck with that.

Still not seeing obstruction of justice.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast