792 users online (125 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    On March 7, 2015, then-President Barack Obama told CBS News that he learned about Clinton's private server for government business from the media. “The same time everybody else learned it, through news reports,” he said.*But an email sent from Clinton aide Cheryl Mills later that day, and published by WikiLeaks, shows she told Clinton Campaign Chairman John Podesta otherwise: "We need to clean this up. He has emails from her -- they do not say state.gov."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...otes-show.html

The reference to “Counsel,” however, appears to be the earliest confirmation of White House involvement.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

I've got him at #3, behind Lincoln and FDR.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    And the rest of the world has him right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Top 10, maybe top 5. I have trouble ranking them in a more specific order.

Top 5 for me.

JFK's up there too.

I think that Obama and Carter are probably the two kindest, most compassionate human beings to have held the office.

Divider in chief: Obama leaves nation more divided than Bush

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/di...rticle/2610376

President Obama, who entered office in 2009 promising to be the unifier in chief, is leaving the Oval Office with the nation more polarized than ever, even more than when he took the reins from the most unpopular exiting president in 28 years, George W. Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post

President Obama, who entered office in 2009 promising to be the unifier in chief, is leaving the Oval Office with the nation more polarized than ever, even more than when he took the reins from the most unpopular exiting president in 28 years, George W. Bush.
    Of course the country was more divided. Some people were highly offended that a black man was President. Why do you think that Trump, the original spreader of lies about Obama's place of birth, is trying to erase any policies that Obama instigated?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post

I was hoping to read explanation for reasons people feel Obama was so divisive but unfortunately it isn't in this article.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    Of course the country was more divided. Some people were highly offended that a black man was President. Why do you think that Trump, the original spreader of lies about Obama's place of birth, is trying to erase any policies that Obama instigated?
    Thank you.

I remember the day after the Election, a friend of mine who happens to be white, remarked on social media that he “finally wasn’t embarrassed of America and our President.”

I sprained my eyes rolling them and they have never fully recovered.

Since then I’ve heard this sentiment echoed by more white folks than I can count, especially in recent months; supposed relief at once again having a leader who instills pride.

Since I don’t have the time to ask each of the individually, I’ll ask here:

So, you were embarrassed for the past 8 years, huh?

Really?

What exactly were you embarrassed by?

Were you embarrassed by his lone and enduring twenty-five year marriage to a strong woman he’s never ceased to publicly praise, respect, or cherish?

Were you embarrassed by the way he lovingly and sweetly parented and protected his daughters?

Were you embarrassed by his Columbia University degree in Political Science or his graduating magna cum laude from Harvard Law School?

Maybe you were embarrassed by his white American and Black Kenyan parents, or the diversity he was raised in as normal?

Were you embarrassed by his eloquence, his quick wit, his easy humor, his seeming comfort meeting with both world leaders and street cleaners; by his bright smile or his sense of empathy or his steadiness—perhaps by his lack of personal scandals or verbal gaffes or impulsive tirades?

No. Of course you weren’t.

Honestly, I don’t believe you were ever embarrassed. That word implies an association that brings ridicule, one that makes you ashamed by association, and if that’s something you claim to have experienced over the past eight years by having Barack Obama representing you in the world—I’m going to suggest you rethink your word choice.

You weren’t “embarrassed” by Barack Obama.

You were threatened by him.
    You were offended by him.
    You were challenged by him.
    You were enraged by him.
    There is a lot of truth in this article if one chooses to search their soul.

http://http://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/05/26/no-white-friend-you-werent-embarrassed-by-barack-obama/

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornSpeakEasy View Post
    There is a lot of truth in this article if one chooses to search their soul.

http://http://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/05/26/no-white-friend-you-werent-embarrassed-by-barack-obama/
    Yes. I keep hoping to get a different response to help me understand a perspective of being embarrassed, divided, etc as a result of Obama and in the same breath being grateful and supportive of Trump. I want to be proven wrong in my assumptions but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2cam View Post
    Yes. I keep hoping to get a different response to help me understand a perspective of being embarrassed, divided, etc as a result of Obama and in the same breath being grateful and supportive of Trump. I want to be proven wrong in my assumptions but so far, that hasn't been the case.

And Trump embarrasses the US whenever he is in the company of other world leaders. He has no idea, not only how to act with diplomacy, but ordinary manners, as evidenced by his shoving of another leader out of the way when he wanted to barge through a crowd or his juvenile attempts at adolescent intimidation of younger male leaders by his arm wrestling hand shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    And Trump embarrasses the US whenever he is in the company of other world leaders. He has no idea, not only how to act with diplomacy, but ordinary manners, as evidenced by his shoving of another leader out of the way when he wanted to barge through a crowd or his juvenile attempts at adolescent intimidation of younger male leaders by his arm wrestling hand shakes.
    The way Trudeau handled that still gives me the happy shivers.

Barack Obama @barackobama https://www.facebook.com/barackobama...54996557026749

I recognize that repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act has become a core tenet of the Republican Party.

Still, I hope that our Senators, many of whom I know well, step back and measure what’s really at stake, and consider that the rationale for action, on health care or any other issue, must be something more than simply undoing something that Democrats did.

We didn’t fight for the Affordable Care Act for more than a year in the public square for any personal or political gain – we fought for it because we knew it would save lives, prevent financial misery, and ultimately set this country we love on a better, healthier course.

[snip]

That might take some time and compromise between Democrats and Republicans. But I believe that’s what people want to see. I believe it would demonstrate the kind of leadership that appeals to Americans across party lines. And I believe that it’s possible – if you are willing to make a difference again. If you’re willing to call your members of Congress. If you are willing to visit their offices. If you are willing to speak out, let them and the country know, in very real terms, what this means for you and your family.

After all, this debate has always been about something bigger than politics. It’s about the character of our country – who we are, and who we aspire to be. And that’s always worth fighting for.
    We were so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    FOIA Request On Susan Rice's Unmaskings Rejected Because "Records Were Moved To Obama Library"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...d-obama-librar

"Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library.* You may send your request to the Obama Library.* However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office."

Sounds like Obstruction of Justice to me.

Mueller where are you on this? Bob?
    Have you figured this out yet? I would love to know how this is obstruction of justice.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast