1304 users online (188 members and 1116 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KY - Jezzie, 13, & Cassie Whitney, 11, Allen County, 18 May 2017 *Arrests*

Police said they believe they are with their mother, Melissa Scott.
    There’s an active warrant for Scott's arrest. It’s unclear why she’s wanted by authorities
    http://www.newschannel5.com/news/ken...ported-missing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

According to the Allen County Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Social Services attempted to take “emergency custody” of 13-year-old Jezzie Whitney and 11-year-old Cassie Whitney on May 18, but the children could not be located.

http://wkrn.com/2017/05/24/kentucky-...ssing-sisters/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Melissa's Facebook page: (Search around on FB for the person named in the GFM post. I hope this is not why she took off with the children.)
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...0%3A1495651539
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Yikes. So their daddy was murdered and mom is wanted for questioning. Hope these young ladies are safe.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Unc...424153433.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. She seems to be a combative, unbalanced person on fb.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

I don't see where it says the father was murdered. I thought it just said that he had died from a chest injury. Is the arrest warrant connected to the man's death or because she took the children illegally?

wow, where are these girls? They need to be found at this point.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

Kentucky sisters reported missing after attending funeral for father presumed to have been fatally stabbed

The Allen County Sheriff's Office said 13-year-old Jezzie Whitney and her 11-year-old sister Cassie were last seen on May 18 at a memorial service for their father Larry Whitney Jr., who died last week from a chest wound.

Police said Whitney Jr. was found injured at the girls' mother's house. Sheriff Jeff Cooke told the Bowling Green Daily News that it appeared Whitney Jr. had been stabbed with a knife. He was taken to the hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3198208

Police believe they are with their mother, Melissa Scott, who has a warrant out for her arrest.

Jerry Whitney, the sisters' uncle, told WBKO the family is very worried about Jezzie and Cassie's well being.
    "I want them to be away from her and to be safe," he said. "It was an emergency order to take the kids and her disappearing like that, it only makes a bad situation worse."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3198208

Does anyone know if the girls were at the scene when their father was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by FlossyMay View Post
    Does anyone know if the girls were at the scene when their father was injured?
    I can't find any info on that but it sounds like their home life was not very stable:
    Online records indicate that he girls’ mother has a long history of run-ins with the law on charges that included DUI, marijuana possession and domestic assault.

Larry Whitney also had a vast criminal history spanning at least 18 years and covering charges, including domestic assault, aggravated assault, methamphetamine manufacturing, drug possession and public intoxication.

As of Friday morning, Scott has not been charged with Larry Whitney's death, or named a suspect.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4iD7cBBQR

More pictures of the girls and their mom at that link. I hope they are found safe.

It sounds like these two girls have had a rough life. I hope they are found alive and well, and that they end up in a good, stable environment. I would take them in if I could.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

I am trying to understand how this man was found dead of an apparent stab wound, yet mom was not arrested or detained to the point they were all allowed to attend the funeral? Now she has fled - I think we know where this is going.

ETA: oh of course. Larry was a disgusting criminal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast