1025 users online (137 members and 888 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1017
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    10,155

    IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60


    Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.


    Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

    Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

    State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

    Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls’ bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

    ISP page dedicated to the investigation

    Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

    Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
    (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

    Information can also be emailed to
    Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

    video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

    Audio loop http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

    Previous Thread (#59)

    *Media Maps & Timelines*

    IMAGE Discussion Thread

    Rules Etiquette & Information

    Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video

    grayhuze youtube channel

    Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

    RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

    1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case. A search warrant was served upon the owner of the property (RL) where the girls' bodies were found. RL was taken into custody for an unrelated crime during that time. His statements to press and subsequent arrest for the unrelated matters are all open for discussion.
    a. You may not outright accuse him of the murders but may make comparisons of his physical appearance and demeanor from MSM to those of the unidentified suspect on the bridge.

    b. DO NOT post photos of random individuals to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

    2) IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

    3) Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.


    4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.
    Last edited by liltexans; 05-25-2017 at 11:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    3,928
    Thank you Lil t!
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

    Also - WS Lingo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    167
    In this case in Calgary Alberta, Matthew deGrood stabbed to death five university friends at a house party. Another friend had gone for food and it happened in a time span of twenty minutes while he was gone. So I think BG could have definitely murdered the girls and been out of there within the hour. Depending where he parked he could have moved through the trees without being seen or took off the coat and jeans and been the Man In black.

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rial-1.3580058

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    10,155
    Second memorial bench dedicated to both Flora and Delphi victims

    A bench is being installed to honor the two teens who were murdered in Delphi and the four sisters who were killed in an intentionally set house fire in Flora.

    The limestone bench will be called “Six Girls Stone Immaculate," featuring all six of the victim's names. It'll be installed Thursday, with a dedication ceremony planned for the evening.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    25
    At this point I think the greatest tool LE, or anyone investigating has is prior cases. Not just SO, but anyone charged and or convicted of domestic abuse, battery, assault, stalking, kidnapping, etc. I believe the odds are very good that he has a criminal record. Compare mugshots of everyone in certain radius of the scene to the pics of BG and create a list possible matches.

    I believe this man is much younger than people assume. I think he could be in his 20's or early 30's. I believe he's local to the area. Someone who lives/works within 15 miles of the scene. He wears or wore converse style slim shoes. I don't think he has a belly, at least not a big one as appears in the photo. I think he has rope or materials in his jacket.

    I really question whether or not LE is being truthful in their statement that their still waiting on DNA lab tests. This case was one of biggest in the nation, I don't see how it could be possible the results aren't back yet. If the DNA isn't back yet, does that mean none of the men they've looked at have had their DNA compared to the DNA from the scene? "Assuming there is DNA". If they haven't gotten DNA results back yet, it's almost as if the investigation hasn't even started yet. Until they run the DNA through national databases and compare it against their top men of interest, there is very little they could have done up to this point. Interviewing men of interest and checking alibis is not going to solve this.

    DNA is going to make or break this case which is why it's so strange their saying they haven't gotten the results back from the lab yet. I mean it's been almost 6 months.. I'm afraid that could indicate they haven't found any DNA yet and are still testing different items looking for a profile. That's extremely hard for me to believe as well though. With where DNA technology is at today, it would be almost impossible to commit a crime like this where so much physical contact took place and not leave a profile. If somehow they don't have DNA, charging someone is going to be very tough let alone convicting someone.

    I keep coming across this idea that the girls were taken away in a vehicle to a place where the crime was actually committed, and then they were dumped at the location across the creek. I can't make any sense of this notion. If he got them into a vehicle he would have been gone. Period. He would have taken them far away to a secure location where he could take his time and not worry about being seen or people coming looking for the girls. <modsnip> The last place on the planet he would take them is back to that creek area. I think the assaults and murders took place right there where they were found. I think this all transpired in a very short timeframe. Less than an hour for sure, probably more like 10-15 minutes. That area was very visible. being exposed like that, doing what he was doing, put him in a very vulnerable position. He would be in a big hurry.

    I hope LE has more than their telling the public, a lot more. Because their telling us they essentially have nothing.
    Last edited by tlcya; 05-25-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: attack the post/theory not the posters

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    Second memorial bench dedicated to both Flora and Delphi victims

    A bench is being installed to honor the two teens who were murdered in Delphi and the four sisters who were killed in an intentionally set house fire in Flora.

    The limestone bench will be called “Six Girls Stone Immaculate," featuring all six of the victim's names. It'll be installed Thursday, with a dedication ceremony planned for the evening.
    Where are they installing it?
    IMO unless I state a fact

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Crwhitlock View Post
    At this point I think the greatest tool LE, or anyone investigating has is prior cases. Not just SO, but anyone charged and or convicted of domestic abuse, battery, assault, stalking, kidnapping, etc. I believe the odds are very good that he has a criminal record. Compare mugshots of everyone in certain radius of the scene to the pics of BG and create a list possible matches.

    I believe this man is much younger than people assume. I think he could be in his 20's or early 30's. I believe he's local to the area. Someone who lives/works within 15 miles of the scene. He wears or wore converse style slim shoes. I don't think he has a belly, at least not a big one as appears in the photo. I think he has rope or materials in his jacket.

    I really question whether or not LE is being truthful in their statement that their still waiting on DNA lab tests. This case was one of biggest in the nation, I don't see how it could be possible the results aren't back yet. If the DNA isn't back yet, does that mean none of the men they've looked at have had their DNA compared to the DNA from the scene? "Assuming there is DNA". If they haven't gotten DNA results back yet, it's almost as if the investigation hasn't even started yet. Until they run the DNA through national databases and compare it against their top men of interest, there is very little they could have done up to this point. Interviewing men of interest and checking alibis is not going to solve this.

    DNA is going to make or break this case which is why it's so strange their saying they haven't gotten the results back from the lab yet. I mean it's been almost 6 months.. I'm afraid that could indicate they haven't found any DNA yet and are still testing different items looking for a profile. That's extremely hard for me to believe as well though. With where DNA technology is at today, it would be almost impossible to commit a crime like this where so much physical contact took place and not leave a profile. If somehow they don't have DNA, charging someone is going to be very tough let alone convicting someone.

    I keep coming across this idea that the girls were taken away in a vehicle to a place where the crime was actually committed, and then they were dumped at the location across the creek. I can't make any sense of this notion. If he got them into a vehicle he would have been gone. Period. He would have taken them far away to a secure location where he could take his time and not worry about being seen or people coming looking for the girls.<modsnip>The last place on the planet he would take them is back to that creek area. I think the assaults and murders took place right there where they were found. I think this all transpired in a very short timeframe. Less than an hour for sure, probably more like 10-15 minutes. That area was very visible. being exposed like that, doing what he was doing, put him in a very vulnerable position. He would be in a big hurry.

    I hope LE has more than their telling the public, a lot more. Because their telling us they essentially have nothing.
    I agree with most of this but I think LE has much more and is telling us nothing. My difference in opinion stems from the idea that this was a botched kidnapping. Lately so much news has been played out on sex slaves and keeping girls in bondage, someone decided to try it and met more than he was able to handle.
    Last edited by tlcya; 05-25-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: snip quoted post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Crwhitlock View Post
    At this point I think the greatest tool LE, or anyone investigating has is prior cases. Not just SO, but anyone charged and or convicted of domestic abuse, battery, assault, stalking, kidnapping, etc. I believe the odds are very good that he has a criminal record. Compare mugshots of everyone in certain radius of the scene to the pics of BG and create a list possible matches.

    I believe this man is much younger than people assume. I think he could be in his 20's or early 30's. I believe he's local to the area. Someone who lives/works within 15 miles of the scene. He wears or wore converse style slim shoes. I don't think he has a belly, at least not a big one as appears in the photo. I think he has rope or materials in his jacket.

    I really question whether or not LE is being truthful in their statement that their still waiting on DNA lab tests. This case was one of biggest in the nation, I don't see how it could be possible the results aren't back yet. If the DNA isn't back yet, does that mean none of the men they've looked at have had their DNA compared to the DNA from the scene? "Assuming there is DNA". If they haven't gotten DNA results back yet, it's almost as if the investigation hasn't even started yet. Until they run the DNA through national databases and compare it against their top men of interest, there is very little they could have done up to this point. Interviewing men of interest and checking alibis is not going to solve this.

    DNA is going to make or break this case which is why it's so strange their saying they haven't gotten the results back from the lab yet. I mean it's been almost 6 months.. I'm afraid that could indicate they haven't found any DNA yet and are still testing different items looking for a profile. That's extremely hard for me to believe as well though. With where DNA technology is at today, it would be almost impossible to commit a crime like this where so much physical contact took place and not leave a profile. If somehow they don't have DNA, charging someone is going to be very tough let alone convicting someone.

    I keep coming across this idea that the girls were taken away in a vehicle to a place where the crime was actually committed, and then they were dumped at the location across the creek. I can't make any sense of this notion. If he got them into a vehicle he would have been gone. Period. He would have taken them far away to a secure location where he could take his time and not worry about being seen or people coming looking for the girls. <modsnip>. The last place on the planet he would take them is back to that creek area. I think the assaults and murders took place right there where they were found. I think this all transpired in a very short timeframe. Less than an hour for sure, probably more like 10-15 minutes. That area was very visible. being exposed like that, doing what he was doing, put him in a very vulnerable position. He would be in a big hurry.

    I hope LE has more than their telling the public, a lot more. Because their telling us they essentially have nothing.
    JMO...
    Regarding DNA, I strongly feel that they have at least one sample from the CS. I also think it doesn't match anyone already in the database, meaning either this is his first crime (highly doubtful), or he has not been caught for a crime where he has been required to submit DNA (probable).
    In thread #59 it was discussed for several pages about Indiana's new swab for DNA for a felony law. I don't think they would have pushed up the law from going into effect January 2018 to July 2017, with the congressman from the Delphi area making the comments about it possibly helping Abby and Libby's case, if LE/Indiana legislature/governor didn't think it could make a difference in breaking the case. I'm not sure how this law *could* make a difference or why it's taking effect sooner than scheduled if there *wasn't* DNA evidence.
    Also, with as tight lipped, play it close to the vest, don't tip their hand as LE has been for the past 3+ months, it isn't surprising to me at all they are being evasive regarding the results.
    JMO.
    Last edited by tlcya; 05-25-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: snip quoted post
    Friends and family can lose touch with one another, but that does NOT mean they ever stop caring.
    I love and miss you, Meagan Leigh!


    For a glossary of WS abbreviations click here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    10,155
    Quote Originally Posted by ImnoSherlock View Post
    Where are they installing it?
    According to the video at the link I posted above, I believe it is going to be installed in the town of Flora.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Crwhitlock View Post
    At this point I think the greatest tool LE, or anyone investigating has is prior cases. Not just SO, but anyone charged and or convicted of domestic abuse, battery, assault, stalking, kidnapping, etc. I believe the odds are very good that he has a criminal record. Compare mugshots of everyone in certain radius of the scene to the pics of BG and create a list possible matches.

    I believe this man is much younger than people assume. I think he could be in his 20's or early 30's. I believe he's local to the area. Someone who lives/works within 15 miles of the scene. He wears or wore converse style slim shoes. I don't think he has a belly, at least not a big one as appears in the photo. I think he has rope or materials in his jacket.

    I really question whether or not LE is being truthful in their statement that their still waiting on DNA lab tests. This case was one of biggest in the nation, I don't see how it could be possible the results aren't back yet. If the DNA isn't back yet, does that mean none of the men they've looked at have had their DNA compared to the DNA from the scene? "Assuming there is DNA". If they haven't gotten DNA results back yet, it's almost as if the investigation hasn't even started yet. Until they run the DNA through national databases and compare it against their top men of interest, there is very little they could have done up to this point. Interviewing men of interest and checking alibis is not going to solve this.

    DNA is going to make or break this case which is why it's so strange their saying they haven't gotten the results back from the lab yet. I mean it's been almost 6 months.. I'm afraid that could indicate they haven't found any DNA yet and are still testing different items looking for a profile. That's extremely hard for me to believe as well though. With where DNA technology is at today, it would be almost impossible to commit a crime like this where so much physical contact took place and not leave a profile. If somehow they don't have DNA, charging someone is going to be very tough let alone convicting someone.

    I keep coming across this idea that the girls were taken away in a vehicle to a place where the crime was actually committed, and then they were dumped at the location across the creek. I can't make any sense of this notion. If he got them into a vehicle he would have been gone. Period. He would have taken them far away to a secure location where he could take his time and not worry about being seen or people coming looking for the girls. <modsnip>. The last place on the planet he would take them is back to that creek area. I think the assaults and murders took place right there where they were found. I think this all transpired in a very short timeframe. Less than an hour for sure, probably more like 10-15 minutes. That area was very visible. being exposed like that, doing what he was doing, put him in a very vulnerable position. He would be in a big hurry.

    I hope LE has more than their telling the public, a lot more. Because their telling us they essentially have nothing.
    Also I watched a report on Zodiac last night. His first DH happened in an area with no homicides for the previous five years. So why Delphi? Likewise, a small town with little or no experience in this level.
    Last edited by tlcya; 05-25-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: snip quoted post


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    If you can't figure that out you probably shouldn't be on a sleuth site
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Idareyato View Post
    Also I watched a report on Zodiac last night. His first DH happened in an area with no homicides for the previous five years. So why Delphi? Likewise, a small town with little or no experience in this level.
    I agree and also with most of your previous post and most of the post you quoted lol but I don't agree that they have a lot more evidence that we don't know about . We are almost four months into this and nothing.... and we're all still beating the same dead horses some 60,000 post or so later here on websleuths!!!!. And btw Zodiac case is crazy. I just got my DVD of the movie because I previously owned it on VHS and plan to watch it again this weekend ..because like you and a few other people here have mentioned him in passing a couple times . There are a few similarities . I know I'm babbling like I often do here... bottom line for me is I still think BG is a serial killer and he has not been caught previously for felony crimes, at least at a time or state in which he ever had to submit DNA anyways.
    Monsters Live Amongst Us

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    162
    they don't have DNA..there would have been an arrest. Science can even find family members related to a sample of DNA, so that would mean neither the killer nor any of his family members have ever had their DNA taken. That is beyond the pale to me. Ergo no DNA

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,598
    Quote Originally Posted by iscaremyself View Post
    they don't have DNA..there would have been an arrest. Science can even find family members related to a sample of DNA, so that would mean neither the killer nor any of his family members have ever had their DNA taken. That is beyond the pale to me. Ergo no DNA
    I would be very surprised if any of my family had any dna on record,

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,439
    I don't think family-linked DNA is done automatically. Is it even legal in all states? And there is no guarantee that any of BG's relatives would be in the system.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,439
    http://www.dnaforensics.com/StatesAn...lSearches.aspx

    These are the only states that use family DNA officially.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 986
    Last Post: 05-07-2017, 07:42 AM
  2. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1085
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM
  3. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1015
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM
  4. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1146
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 10:36 PM
  5. Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10
    By KayElJay in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2017, 09:38 PM

Tags for this Thread