OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE have given no statements indicating they have POIs or suspects in mind.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports

source article

Previous Thread (#27)

LATEST UPDATE

http://fox45now.com/news/local/inves...sacre-evidence

Investigators search Adams Co. farm for Pike Co. massacre evidence

ADAMS COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - Law enforcement officers are searching a farm in Adams County for evidence in the Pike County massacre. That farm is off of SR 32 near Peebles.

Police Track Truck of Victim's Brother

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.

The search warrant never names Manley as a suspect, nor does it state that it is tied to the Rhoden homicide investigation.

ADMIN NOTES: Here are some clear parameters around the recent developments

You can freely discuss what is in the MSM.

1) CUSTODY DISPUTE - The fact that a custody dispute is SAID to have existed can be discussed.

2) PROPERTIES SEARCHED - what has been discussed in MSM (addresses, property owners, recent sale, etc) can be freely discussed.

3) DRUG ANGLE - that possible angle has been allowed since LE first announced that the grow op was found. That is still okay to theorize about.

4) TRUCK TRACKING - It has been reported that the police obtained a warrant to electronically track the movements of a truck belonging to the brother of a victim. You may discuss what is covered in the MSM

5) SUSPECTS/POIs - there are still NO named suspects or POIs. So keep discussion of possible motive relating to any of the above BROAD and without accusation or naming a specific person(s) as the murderer(s).

Continue to use initials. Keep theories broad and as non identifying as possible. Remember that what you put out there stays out there and affects real people. NO SLEUTHING of anyone associated with the searched properties or the owner of the truck. That includes the social media of any of the persons associated with those properties or that of their friends and/or family members.

As always, the dedication of Tlcya and the other mods is very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received a reply about the Rhoden case from AZlawyer, a verified attorney who is a long time member here at WS.

I asked her if it seemed unusual for the prosecutor to drop charges against JM in favor of moving the case to the GJ. Here is her reply:

I don't think the decision to switch from a preliminary hearing re: probable cause to a secret grand jury proceeding not involving the defense (until the defense files a motion to dismiss for lack of probable cause, that is) is odd under the circumstances. It sounds like the investigation is in a very active stage, and perhaps it would be difficult for law enforcement witnesses to testify fully about this GPS situation without revealing something they would prefer to delay revealing to this person and his lawyer.

My follow up questions to AZlawyer are:

1 Will other witnesses besides LE be allowed to testify?

2 Will the the prosecutor be allowed to ask questions/cover topics that are related to other areas of the murder investigation, aside from the charges related to the GPS tracker?

Should we also assume the vague nature of the GPS warrant is the result of LE wishing to reveal as little as possible about their investigation?

I have a million questions, but why don't you all throw some out here. If AZlawyer is still in the forum she can read them.

Thanks, AZlawyer!

ETA: Beginning tomorrow, I'll not be on the forum regularly for the next several days, but will try to check in once a day.

JM's gps and text linked him to JW and, imo, another illegal activity (likely drugs). This link gave LE the opportunity to search the Wagner's properties. (LE had no other evidence to get a search warrant for the Wagner's property.) By LE only calling JM a witness the murders, LE must believe the Wagners are the killers.

Maybe the Wagner's left some empty casings and bullets fired into trees on their property for LE to compare.

Dozens of state and local investigators used metal detectors and dug in areas on the property and they towed two red all-terrain vehicles from the area as well.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/15/rhoden-massacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Hoping these ATV tires can be linked to “parking sites” near the murders!

The weather map shows it is raining in eastern Ohio. Have the Wagners returned to get all their untarped belongings sitting in that large trailer or is it still sitting on that car lot? What a mess! That car dealer must wish that mess wasn't on his property. That's an expensive-looking truck attached to that messy trailer. I wonder why the Ws haven't come back to pick it up with their stuff. There must be $40,000+ worth of the W's stuff sitting in that man's car lot. Why didn't they put their stuff in a storage unit for $100? Did they think it couldn't be searched by LE if it was on someone else's property?

(If they've got so much money that they don't need these belongings, I'd like to make an offer on that truck and horse trailer.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 4.18.04 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 4.18.04 AM.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,629
The weather map shows it is raining in eastern Ohio. Have the Wagners returned to get all their untarped belongings sitting in that large trailer or is it still sitting on that car lot? What a mess! That car dealer must wish that mess wasn't on his property. That's an expensive-looking truck attached to that messy trailer. I wonder why the Ws haven't come back to pick it up with their stuff. There must be $40,000+ worth of the W's stuff sitting in that man's car lot. Why didn't they put their stuff in a storage unit for $100? Did they think it couldn't be searched by LE if it was on someone else's property?

(If they've got so much money that they don't need these belongings, I'd like to make an offer on that truck and horse trailer.)

attachment.php

Ohio has had very heavy rain off and on for the past week. There is probably at least a foot of rain in the bottom of that open container.

attachment.php

All those kids toys? I have a great grandchild and believe me the price of toys would shock you. I would say at least a few thousand just on what is showing on top.

Ohio has had very heavy rain off and on for the past week. There is probably at least a foot of rain in the bottom of that open container.

It's not water tight at bottom, has bow and tarps that you can put on top too (if they have the whole setup)..you can see the bows are there just not tarped ..either they didn't take the time or have destroyed the tarp from use.
So I'm saying stuff would be wet but water won't be standing in the bottom of the trailer.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

JM's gps and text linked him to JW and, imo, another illegal activity (likely drugs). This link gave LE the opportunity to search the Wagner's properties. (LE had no other evidence to get a search warrant for the Wagner's property.) By LE only calling JM a witness the murders, LE must believe the Wagners are the killers.

I agree.

Could someone refresh my memory please? How long after JW et al blew Dodge did LE raid the property? And, was it exteriors only? Thank you.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

These are photos we took while in Alaska of the Kenai Peninsula and Seward Alaska for those of you interested. I hope I can post these, if against TOS please delete.

Attachments

• photos860.jpg
    photos860.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,430
  • photos859.jpg
    photos859.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • photos839.jpg
    photos839.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,415
  • photos806.jpg
    photos806.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Could someone refresh my memory please? How long after JW et al blew Dodge did LE raid the property? And, was it exteriors only? Thank you.

We don't know exactly when the W family left. The person on whose farm they temporarily left some trailers said they had dropped them off a week before the raid.

At the property of the Brown friend, they only searched the trailers belonging to the W family. At the Peterson Rd. property, formerly the W family farm, it's assumed they searched everywhere. The search warrants haven't been made public.

attachment.php

This is one of those "towns" I was posting about. One building, entire town. This would be what they call a "good sized town with a store, gas station, restaurant and motel".

Attachments

• photos1077.jpg
    photos1077.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 554
attachment.php

And one more just to show off the beauty of Alaska.

Attachments

• photos850.jpg
    photos850.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 563
It's not water tight at bottom, has bow and tarps that you can put on top too (if they have the whole setup)..you can see the bows are there just not tarped ..either they didn't take the time or have destroyed the tarp from use.
So I'm saying stuff would be wet but water won't be standing in the bottom of the trailer.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but, if those trailers were searched, I can pretty much guarantee they weren't placed back like they were. Whether neatly organized to begin with or tossed in topsy turvy, it's left up to the search-ee to put everything back together.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but, if those trailers were searched, I can pretty much guarantee they weren't placed back like they were. Whether neatly organized to begin with or tossed in topsy turvy, it's left up to the search-ee to put everything back together.

Here nor there ...I was saying either way they were not meant to store stuff in.they are meant to haul in ..and they would not hold water.
I could not see them removing a tarp if it was there, easier to open the back and pull it out ..tossing stuff back In The same way..pulling a tarp off isn't easy. Heavy and bulky. My guess none was on
to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members