1292 users online (193 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

2017. 05. 26 If Hillary had won the election...

We have discussed the good and bad results from Trump's election win and how it has affected our country. For those who voted for Hillary, in what ways do you think it would be different now? Same goes for those who voted for Trump, in what ways do you think it would be different now if Hillary had won. For those who didn't vote for either, what do you think?

Central Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.
    Without disclosing who I voted for, let me say this in regards to my concerns about both candidates.

In regards to HRC, my concern was that given the opposition to her policies and the questions about her judgement (I'm talking about her private server), that the US would be embroiled in one scandal after another. Any proposed policies would be blocked or stonewalled.

My concerns about DJT is that he lacked experience in governing, and running a private company does not make up for that. He also doesn't seem to know what he doesn't know.

The effect is that no matter what, we (as a nation) were taking a real risk of creating the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by chloes1 View Post
    Without disclosing who I voted for, let me say this in regards to my concerns about both candidates.

In regards to HRC, my concern was that given the opposition to her policies and the questions about her judgement (I'm talking about her private server), that the US would be embroiled in one scandal after another. Any proposed policies would be blocked or stonewalled.

My concerns about DJT is that he lacked experience in governing, and running a private company does not make up for that. He also doesn't seem to know what he doesn't know.

The effect is that no matter what, we (as a nation) were taking a real risk of creating the same results.
    Then why vote at all?
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

If Hillary had won I don't think the country would've been bombarded with one protest after another, unless they were sponsored by BLM and against our LE. I don't think our classified intelligence information would be dripping leaks continuously either. I also think the white working class would still be ignored or treated as the "deplorables" and "irredeemables".

Central Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.
    I voted, I do not wish to discuss who for. My concern is and was that no matter who won, scandals would become the new norm.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Then why vote at all?

Wow, guys, the deplorables are not any of you good people. The KKK is just one example of to whom she was referring. Who is going to say that the KKK members are not deplorable?

I'm not in love HRC, but she'd be a heck of a lot better imo than agent orange who humiliates us daily.