1272 users online (232 members and 1040 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

UK - 22 dead in explosion at Ariana Grande gig, Manchester, 22 May 2017 #2

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "UK security chiefs were warned in January that Salman Abedi was planning an attack in Britain, it was claimed last night.

According to a security source, the FBI told MI5 that Abedi was part of a North African Islamic State cell plotting to strike a political target in the UK.

The information came from a US investigation into Abedi and his links to terrorist groups in Libya. The Mail on Sunday has also been told that US security services put him on a terror watch list – used by agents to identify key suspects – in 2016.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4iKLIR200
    This is disappointing... I wonder how the U.S. found out about this before the U.K. ? Wish they could've/would've done something about it.
    Last edited by creepcrusher; 05-27-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Intelligence Agencies Admit 23,000 Jihadis Live In Britain; 3,000 Pose "Imminent Threat"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...mminent-threat

Of this 'pool' of potential terrorists, 3,000 are suspected of posing an “imminent threat” and are being investigated accordingly, the Times reports. Meanwhile, the other 20,000 have been involved with past investigations and have been categorized as posing a “residual risk.”

The notion that there are 23,000 potential jihadis in the U.K. is “horrifying,” said Anthony Glees, head of security and intelligence at the University of Buckingham.

“We should double the size of MI5, as we did in World War II, and expand the number of intelligence-led police by the thousands.”
    It is a huge problem and headache for the government and all of us that is not going to be easily managed or solved. I understand the security services are hiring in large numbers so hopefully more surveillance can be done.

I'm really worried about attacks in the U.K and Europe during Ramadan, around the general election and indefinitely. I'm sure Ariana's fundraising concert a week today (Sunday) will be under heavy security as it should be.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by creepcrusher View Post
    This is disappointing...

"The man behind the recent terrorist attack in Manchester, suicide bomber Salman Abedi, who murdered 22 people and injured over a hundred at a pop concert, had been among the 20,000 who are considered “former subjects of interest,” the Times reported."

https://newsline.com/23000-potential...hows-uk-media/

Yes it is very disappointing they made the wrong call to put him on the "former subjects of interest list". It is very worrying to know there are individuals they considered to be an even greater threat than he was, who are yet to be successful in possible attacks.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    He looks like he's on drugs to me. A bit zombie like..
    He looks to me as if he might be of limited intelligence (and possibly easy for his family and associates to manipulate).

BBC radio news are reporting this pic was from a lift at the venue and the background was blacked out. Don't have a link so MOO for now.

Not sure UK police can actually do anything until something happens.
    Non-comparable, but my childminder asked a nearby police officer to keep an eye on her car while she rushed in and out of my house, and he said he couldn't, but "if anything happened it would be caught on cameras".
    I know they're also keeping an eye on my son since he was put on meds for mental health issues, but what can they do before anything happens?

What are they legally allowed to do until something happens? They can't follow suspects around 24/7.
    (I'm currently in the UK/ London)

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    BBC radio news are reporting this pic was from a lift at the venue and the background was blacked out. Don't have a link so MOO for now.
    Ahh I noticed that, you can see around his feet where the image has been blacked out

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

EXPLOSION AND ANOTHER ARREST IN CONNECTION WITH MANCHESTER BOMBING

Daily Mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-arrested.html

A 25-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the Manchester bombing.

The suspect was arrested in Old Trafford after armed police raided houses in Moss Side, Manchester, as residents reported explosions being heard.

One resident said on Twitter there was an explosion near Quantock Close and Selworth Road shortly before 2pm.

BBM
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Note on the door of raided house. "This is what the police has caused and we have nothing to do with what happpened in the bombing arrack".

SUSPECTED ISLAMIST ARE BEING PREVENTED FROM RETURNING TO THE UK FOR THE FIRST TIME

The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rge-amber-rudd

Suspected Islamist terrorists are being prevented from returning to the UK for the first time, the home secretary has disclosed, as she warned that members of the Manchester bomber’s terror network could still be at large.

The home secretary said Isis was trying to “weaponise” young Britons and defended the work of the UK’s security services following claims that warnings about Abedi were not followed up.

The murderer had been a former “subject of interest” to MI5, but Rudd said: “The intelligence services are still collecting information about him and about the people around him. But I would not rush to conclusions, as you seem to be, that they have somehow missed something.”

She added: “What this reminds us is the scale of the problem that we have, the enemy that we have, Daesh, that is trying to weaponise the young people in our society.”

BBM

The parents of victim Georgina Callander issued a statement:

“I wish I could say that Georgina is one of the last to die in this way but unless our government opens its eyes we know we are only another in a long line of parents on a list that continues to grow.”
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ter-atrocity2/
    Counter-terror police arrest 23-year-old man in Sussex over Manchester attack
    29 May 2017 • 5:02am A crackdown on the suspected terror network behind the Manchester Arena suicide bomber extended to the south coast early on Monday as police made the latest arrest in a fast-moving investigation.
    The total number of people in custody over the attack rose to 14 when a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of terror offences in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex, early on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    SUSPECTED ISLAMIST ARE BEING PREVENTED FROM RETURNING TO THE UK FOR THE FIRST TIME

The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rge-amber-rudd

Suspected Islamist terrorists are being prevented from returning to the UK for the first time, the home secretary has disclosed, as she warned that members of the Manchester bomber’s terror network could still be at large.

The home secretary said Isis was trying to “weaponise” young Britons and defended the work of the UK’s security services following claims that warnings about Abedi were not followed up.

The murderer had been a former “subject of interest” to MI5, but Rudd said: “The intelligence services are still collecting information about him and about the people around him. But I would not rush to conclusions, as you seem to be, that they have somehow missed something.”

She added: “What this reminds us is the scale of the problem that we have, the enemy that we have, Daesh, that is trying to weaponise the young people in our society.”

BBM

The parents of victim Georgina Callander issued a statement:

“I wish I could say that Georgina is one of the last to die in this way but unless our government opens its eyes we know we are only another in a long line of parents on a list that continues to grow.”
    As I said before if we can prevent football hooligans travelling then why not terrorists or suspected terrorists? Or at least prevent them coming back? However we will still be targets abroad like those in Tunisia.

It is so sad to know the victims were all alive and uninjured this time last week. They were all looking forward to a great concert at night or going to pick up their excited children not knowing their lives would change forever. It is a reminder to us all to make the most of every day we have.

Thank you to all of you for your news updates and posts they are appreciated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/traumatised-doctor-called-p-terrorist-after-48-hours-saving-manchester-victims-a7761126.html

A man yelled racist abuse at a NHS surgeon who had spent the past 48 hours working hard to save lives of those caught up in the Manchester bombing attack.

Naveed Yasin had been on his way back to Salford Royal Hospital after two days work to desperately save victims of the largest terror attack in the UK since 2005 when he was subject to the abuse.
    The trauma and orthopaedic surgeon said he was driving when a “white, middle-aged van driver” pulled up beside him and blasted his horn.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast