733 users online (80 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7761506.html
    Manchester attack: 'Trainee pilot' arrested in West Sussex in connection to bombing

'He was a normal bloke, very jovial,' neighbour says

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    SUSPECTED ISLAMIST TERRORISTS ARE BEING PREVENTED FROM RETURNING TO THE UK FOR THE FIRST TIME
    This, in my opinion, is a crucial step towards preventing terrorists being trained in Libya then returning to the U.K.

Many of the terrorists flew to Syria as well as Libya and back and forth to other countries before they attacked.
    Last edited by zencompass; 05-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Hi dotr,

A trainee pilot involved in terrorist activity is incredibly disturbing - so thankful this individual has been arrested.

Thank you for your news updates. Greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Apologies for offensive pics. but LE do want people to see if they can recall his movements since May 18th. rbbm.
    Note, should a separate thread be created for this search and pics?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40072786
    Where did the logo on his hat go?
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by zencompass View Post
    Hi dotr,

A trainee pilot involved in terrorist activity is incredibly disturbing - so thankful this individual has been arrested.

Thank you for your news updates. Greatly appreciated.
    Yes a big red flag .

Security services hunting for this blue suitcase

Detectives trying to piece together the final movements of the Manchester suicide bomber have released new images of him carrying a blue suitcase.

Officers are asking members of the public if they saw Salman Abedi with the suitcase between May 18 and May 22, when he carried out the attack.

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson said: "We believe Abedi was in possession of this case in the days before the attack at Manchester Arena on Monday 22 May.

"I want to stress that this is a different item than the one he used in the attack. This image was taken from CCTV in the city centre on 22 May.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-29/m...ying-suitcase/

IMG_0083.JPG
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

The trainee pilot made my blood run cold.

We can only hope that the police are able to capture all of this network, because who knows what they have planned.

Very pleased that they are stopping suspects re-entering the UK though.

"The parents of Manchester bombing victim Olivia Campbell announced their engagement to honour her memory.

Charlotte, 15, was one of the 22 victims tragically killed during a terror attack at the MEN Arena in Manchester last Monday.

Her mother Charlotte and stepfather Paul delivered an emotional tribute to their daughter on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, insisting that they wanted to ‘keep her alive’."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/p...livia-10522871

Congratulations to Olivia's parents. I'm so sorry Olivia is not longer with us.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40086352

Officers are appealing for people who might have seen him carrying the blue suitcase between 18 and 22 May.

The BBC has also obtained CCTV footage which appears to show Abedi in a shop the day before the bombing, which killed 22 people.

Police are searching a landfill site on the outskirts of Bury, Greater Manchester.

The 22-year-old visited the Wilmslow Road area of Manchester and the city centre with the suitcase, police said.

Det Ch Supt Russ Jackson, from the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, said: "I want to stress that this is a different item than the one he used in the attack.

"We have no reason to believe the case and its contents contain anything dangerous, but would ask people to be cautious."

He added: "The public should not approach the case if they see it but contact police immediately on 999."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Published on May 29, 2017

New CCTV footage has emerged which appears to show the Manchester bomber Salman Abedi shopping at a convenience store. The footage was recorded in a store close to the flat where the suicide bomber was just hours before the attack at Manchester Arena which killed 22 people. The BBC has passed the footage to investigating officers. Greater Manchester Police have asked anyone with information to contact the Anti-Terrorist Hotline in confidence on 0800 789 321

yes ... weird ...
    photoshopped out for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post

Concerning the big, blue suitcase - why did he not use one in a muted colour like grey or black, considering everything else he wore was low-key, except perhaps his seemingly pricey footwear?
    Wondering if he was left-handed and if that was why he apparently pulled the suitcase ( assuming it was heavy ) in that hand, if he was right-handed, one might assume the case was light..

Wondering if the case was that style and colour to make it easy to stand out if he was leaving it for conspirators to pick it up somewhere, OR, did he want a suitcase that would blend into the scenery of wherever he left it, ie. near something blue in colour, like a building, water ect?
    Are there any busy places in Manchester that happen to be painted blue?

imo, speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    I think it's still there but it's mirrored so blending in with the rest of the hat colour.

I've just watched the minutes silence to mark a week since this tragedy and it was very emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post

I watched this video a few times and it is still totally beyond me how someone can go shopping for what must be his last meal. And he's been working towards this day for over a year. He is about to blow himself up and murder a lot of unbelievers. And there he stands. Doritos? Mars bar?

If I were to choose my last bite of chocolate, the choice itself among so many riches would halt whatever I planned.

Been reading a lot about the background of (young) jihadists lately. It is often said that radicalization happens through the internet, and no doubt this is true to a certain extent, but there is more. Like the role of the family, the neighbourhood, the mosque. Radicalization does not happen in a vacuum.

The Sun
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/366735...-to-be-killed/
    The mosque where bomber Salman Abedi *worshipped hosted hate preachers who called for British soldiers to be killed and gays and adulterers to be stoned to death.
    Express
    http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...mahmood-labour

Khalid Mahmood, Labour MP for Birmingham:
    The threat today is much more diverse and widespread than a few years ago. We are in a situation where atrocities emerge from lone attackers with unsophisticated techniques as well as massive, orchestrated incidents such as the one on the innocent youngsters in Manchester.

There is an elephant in the room, which small elements of the Muslim community refuse to acknowledge: that the people involved in these attacks are from Muslim backgrounds.

While the vast majority of Muslims are equally terrorised by what happened there is a category among the Muslim community that is involved in creating this havoc and they should be taken to task.

(....)

But there are elements within the Muslim community that also need reform. We need to look at the infrastructure through which we deliver our religion to young people.

I believe we need to revisit the responsibility of mosques and madrassas (Islamic religious schools) and should have a deeper look into the dissemination of religious information.

It is unfortunate that even today we are afraid to touch issues such as child protection procedures and certification for imams and teachers of Islam.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Britain's intelligence services have launched an inquiry into how warnings about the 22-year-old Abedi's radical views were handled amid indications that vital warning signs were missed.

Police are scouring 12,960 hours of closed circuit TV recordings in their search for clues, have collected more than 630 pieces of evidence and have searched 21 addresses.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-29-13-17-42
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast