Gregg Allman of the Allman brothers has died

No. No. No. I was at their Fair well show in NY and I was like, nah they will replace Warren James and come back next year. 😞.
RIP Gregg Allman. RIP midnight rider.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;XBf48xUIBLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBf48xUIBLo[/video]

[video=youtube;h2Ro7LLEaQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Ro7LLEaQQ[/video]

Some 10 to 12 years ago I am standing at the local Publix market in Bonita Springs at the deli counter and am bored to death. I said, "I feel as if I am watching grass grow".. The guy next to me laughed and said he was giving a concert in Fort Myers and if I like to have a free ticket. He said his name was Gregg Allman. Didn't know him and due to his long hair I thought he was some kind of a punk and politely declined. The girl behind the counter was about to kill herself..I later learned, who he was.

-Nin

Way back in the early '80's, I was his waitress at a local bar/restaurant in Atlanta. He acted like a jerk all night, ate and drank up a huge bill with his friends, made a massive mess, broke things, spilled things all over the table, the floor and even me, didn't tip and didn't pay for the cigarettes I bought for him from the machine.

I am sure other people had better encounters with him but this is the impression he left with me and which I never forgot. Rich and famous guy treats 'the help' like garbage. Not really news.

Still wouldn't wish an early death on him.

RIP. Music "A", character "F".

Original band members

Duane Allman (1946-1971)
Gregg Allman (1947-2017)
Berry Oakley (1948-1972)
Butch Trucks (1947-2017)
Dickey Betts (1943-..)
Jai Johanny "Jaimoe" Johanson (1944-..)

[video=youtube;YSuoW8MTbZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuoW8MTbZY[/video]

Oh I am sorry to hear this. So many memories listening the them. This getting old is for the birds.

Sad to hear about his death, but grateful he left such a catalog of music for us. I saw him in concert once in the mid-80's. It was the Gregg Allman Band opening up for Stevie Ray Vaughan. Great outdoor concert!

Along with Santana's 'Abraxas' and Miles Davis's 'B it ches Brew,' the Allman Brothers's 'Live at Fillmore East' was one of a handful of albums I listened to most, senior year.

Some 10 to 12 years ago I am standing at the local Publix market in Bonita Springs at the deli counter and am bored to death. I said, "I feel as if I am watching grass grow".. The guy next to me laughed and said he was giving a concert in Fort Myers and if I like to have a free ticket. He said his name was Gregg Allman. Didn't know him and due to his long hair I thought he was some kind of a punk and politely declined. The girl behind the counter was about to kill herself..I later learned, who he was.

-Nin
O. M. Freaking G. Nin!!!!!!!!!!
What a story. My dad was/is a big ole hippy. I was raised on The Allman Bros.

Along with Santana's 'Abraxas' and Miles Davis's 'B it ches Brew,' the Allman Brothers's 'Live at Fillmore East' was one of a handful of albums I listened to most, senior year.

I know it is an old cliche but they really don't make music like this anymore and probably won't.Sad what has happened to music,it is now processed and packaged .I can not even listen to the radio anymore.RIP Gregg.

Couldn't EVER start a trip to the mountains to our summer house without a loud thumping Statesboro Blues playing. Still can't.😊

I have to admit, though, after 'Eat a Peach,' nothing they did particularly enthralled me. I h-h-hated the "Ramblin' Man" single.

O. M. Freaking G. Nin!!!!!!!!!!
What a story. My dad was/is a big ole hippy. I was raised on The Allman Bros.

When I got home, I told my spouse, that a Greg Almond had hit on me and that he was pretending to have a concert in Fort Myers. Spouse passed out too. ;--)

-Nin

May 27 2017, 6:44 pm ET

Gregg Allman, Southern Rock Legend and Founder of The Allman Brothers Band, Dies at 69

by Chelsea Bailey

Gregg Allman, the legendary Southern rocker who composed countless hits as frontman for The Allman Brothers Band, battled a very public addiction with drugs and overcame personal tragedies, died Saturday at his home in Savannah, Georgia, his family said. He was 69.

"Gregg struggled with many health issues over the past several years. During that time, Gregg considered being on the road playing music with his brothers and solo band for his beloved fans, essential medicine for his soul," Allman's family said in a statement. "Playing music lifted him up and kept him going during the toughest of times." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music/gregg-allman-southern-rock-legend-dies-69-n765466

[video=youtube;o0e5eeDdrBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0e5eeDdrBg[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back