728 users online (88 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Newborn Twins Found Abandoned In Chicago Church

CHICAGO -- Two newborn babies were found inside a Chicago church Wednesday, prompting those involved to call it a Christmas miracle.

Officials said the boy and girl were found in a single child car seat on an inside stairway at North Austin Lutheran Church at about 8:30 a.m. by church custodian Kenneth Green, reported Chicago TV station WMAQ. The infants were just hours old, police said, and still had their umbilical cords attached.

"I was going upstairs to take the turkey up there and I saw the car seat sitting over there, and one of the babies, like lashed out (as if to say), 'We over here,'" the custodian said.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

http://www.ksat.com/family/5601814/detail.html
    >>>>>>>>>
    I am so glad the mother dropped them somewhere safe ,they are so beautiful

Awwwww, that's so sweet! They named them Joseph and Mary. They're adorable!

Aaaawww! So glad the Mother left them in a Church so they would be found and cared for.

I wish I could adopt them!! I'm sure people are lining up to do just that.

The mother must have loved those twins but had to feel she just could not give them a good life. The report I saw said they were fed, clean and warm. Bless her for doing the right thing.

This is truly a Christmas story.

What a miracle.....& it wasn't real cold in Chicago this morning.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I read that hospitals aren't on the list for drop off stations for newborns. Just hospitals, police stations, and fire stations. I think it should be changed to add churches. I am sure that mother was torn up leaving her babies and was consoled that she left her babies to be looked over by Jesus while waiting for someone to find them. She took the care to make sure they were indoors, in a car seat, and placed by a warm radiator. They had also been fed. It will be sad to see her face charges for trying to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    I read that hospitals aren't on the list for drop off stations for newborns. Just hospitals, police stations, and fire stations. I think it should be changed to add churches. I am sure that mother was torn up leaving her babies and was consoled that she left her babies to be looked over by Jesus while waiting for someone to find them. She took the care to make sure they were indoors, in a car seat, and placed by a warm radiator. They had also been fed. It will be sad to see her face charges for trying to do the right thing.
    I think she knew someone was going to be in the church and would find them-
    She may have even waited until she knew the custodian was there- I didnt read the article- has the mom been located, and/or are they talking about charging her if she is found? She may not have taken them to the " correct" place--- however....they werent found in a dumpster........she should not be charged with anything--

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    The mother must have loved those twins but had to feel she just could not give them a good life. The report I saw said they were fed, clean and warm. Bless her for doing the right thing.
    I agree. Amen to her compassion.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    think she knew someone was going to be in the church and would find them-
    She may have even waited until she knew the custodian was there- I didnt read the article- has the mom been located, and/or are they talking about charging her if she is found? She may not have taken them to the " correct" place--- however....they werent found in a dumpster........she should not be charged with anything--
    I agree.

When I was watching the Chicago news last night, they were making a big deal about how a church is not a drop off station and that the mother could still face charges and that the police were looking for any clues as to who she was.

I just think it is sad if she does get in trouble. This is a mother who didn't believe her new babies were trash. She loved them.

That would be a complete shame if she was charged. What would that tell other mothers who love their children, but can't take care of them? IMO, that would then justify more babies found in trash cans, etc. I hope she's not charged!

Honestly, if she could be found I don't think she would be charged. Just the fact that the umbilical cord was attached said she was ill prepared for any of this. She could be dead or dying herself. There are multitudes of people who will or would adopt. This is a Christmas story with sad parameters. Some little mom, if she lives, will forever the rest of her life know she has babies she can't care for. If, I were her my tears could flood the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Honestly, if she could be found I don't think she would be charged. Just the fact that the umbilical cord was attached said she was ill prepared for any of this. She could be dead or dying herself. There are multitudes of people who will or would adopt. This is a Christmas story with sad parameters. Some little mom, if she lives, will forever the rest of her life know she has babies she can't care for. If, I were her my tears could flood the earth.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I totally agree. I placed a child for adoption 21 years ago, and I will never get over that as long as I live. What that poor woman had to be going through as she left that church.

Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    Before there was an "official" list of places to drop babies off, weren't churches usually the places babies were found? I belive then they even called them "foundlings". This mother may not have known where to take them, but I agree she could have easily dropped them in a dumpster. It would add to the tragedy if she were found and charged. That would just be plain wrong IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast