803 users online (98 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - ExWife Legally Adopts Stepson without Bio Fathers Knowledge

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/2104537.html

This is in my area. A man went to pick his 12 yo up from school Friday and his son was gone. He was told a woman with adoption papers signed by a judge checked the child out.
    The woman is his ex wife he has not seen in 3 yrs and she has taken the child to south FL.
    Everyone here is in an uproar as too what judge would sign adoption papers for a child she has not seen in 3 yrs and not married to the father without any notification to the father.
    The dad is terrified she has taken his son to harm him. He said she wanted to have him killed during their break up.
    Police have told him legally he now has to go thru the courts to get his son back.
    Last edited by Becba; 12-23-2005 at 02:38 AM.

The women is guilty of forgery, you can't adopt a child without the parents written consent signed in front of a notary. The man shouldn't have to go thru the courts, a warrant should be issued for her arrest for kidnapping. The child has to be registered in school, they will find him that way.

I bet there is WAY more to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    I bet there is WAY more to this story.
    I have been looking for links for more info. The news tells a lot more when it is on but it's links don't give much info.

Wow! Another story about a child taken from school without parental consent. I don't understand how this woman could have legally adopted him. Something is very fishy here. Very fishy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    The women is guilty of forgery, you can't adopt a child without the parents written consent signed in front of a notary. The man shouldn't have to go thru the courts, a warrant should be issued for her arrest for kidnapping. The child has to be registered in school, they will find him that way.
    I agree he should be able at least to get an emergency hearing on how valid the process was on the paperwork. The LE in South FL confirmed she has the child and the signed paperwork.

The FBI declined to get involved so I am wondering what is really up with this story. If they thought forgery was involved, they would have intervened. Also, I am wondering if she adopted him when they were married. If so, then in the eyes of the law it could be legal. Somebody is not telling the whole story. The last sentence of the article bothered me. He said that the school should not have let the step mom pick him up. A legal (and they obviously thought it was) document over rides a pick up list in the school office. Also, did anyone catch that the child was 12 in an elementary school? Hummm....

The FBI declined to get involved so I am wondering what is really up with this story. If they thought forgery was involved, they would have intervened. Also, I am wondering if she adopted him when they were married. If so, then in the eyes of the law it could be legal. Somebody is not telling the whole story. The last sentence of the article bothered me. He said that the school should not have let the step mom pick him up. A legal (and they obviously thought it was) document over rides a pick up list in the school office. Also, did anyone catch that the child was 12 in an elementary school? Hummm....
    Cottondale is a small town. Our elementary schools are to 5th grade. He could be in 5th grade.

Good catch on the rest,espescially the list overide.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    Cottondale is a small town. Our elementary schools are to 5th grade. He could be in 5th grade.

Good catch on the rest,espescially the list overide.
    Even if he started kindergarden at age 6, he could only be no more than 11 in the 5th grade. Maybe he was held back a grade?

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    Even if he started kindergarden at age 6, he could only be no more than 11 in the 5th grade. Maybe he was held back a grade?
    I was in the 7th grade at 12.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    I was in the 7th grade at 12.
    My son is 11 and in 6th grade

Bernard Longo says he has reason to believe his son's life maybe in danger.
    I would guess this is a good possibility. She waited for three years, then went to an out of state court and filed for custody. This woman has a serious obsession problem.
    I would like to have this judge's name and know what story she gave him. Usually you can't get custody unless you either file against the father, or claim abandonment (and usually she would have to have the child in her physical custody) or prove the parent is deceased.
    How much you want to bet she filed for the custody, and gave a false address for the father.
    Since the Dad didn't go to court (because he didn't know) now the kid is sitting there thinking his Dad didn't want him anymore.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Well I was mixed up due to listening to this story second hand before reading the link. She is the ex wife but it doesn't say step mother.

I was thinking she was not kin to him. Still he would have been contacted.
    Anyway it says in the link that the boys sister called the ex's and her boyfriend told her he didn't want to talk to her. Why would they not want the boy speak to his sister?

Wouldn't they call it "custody" instead of "adoption" if she were the childs real mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    Well I was mixed up due to listening to this story second hand before reading the link. She is the ex wife but it doesn't say step mother.

I was thinking she was not kin to him. Still he would have been contacted.
    Anyway it says in the link that the boys sister called the ex's and her boyfriend told her he didn't want to talk to her. Why would they not want the boy speak to his sister?
    This is where the mention of the stepmother comes in:

Parent Bernard Longo says, "So we went to the school, and upon getting to the school we met up with a police officer who took us inside and told us that his stepmother had come there and checked him out."
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast