1095 users online (187 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

2017.05.27 - Federal prosecutor Beranton Whisenant Jr. found dead on Florida beach

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beranton...florida-beach/

Police are investigating the case as a crime, according to*the Miami Herald. Authorities believe Whisenant died as a result of a possible gunshot wound to the head or other type of trauma.*
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Whisenant worked for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami in its major crimes unit. He had joined the office in January. Court records show he had been handling several visa and passport fraud cases.

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/feder...-florida-beach

Words matter.

Whisenant lived in Miramar with his wife, Ebony, a physician who teaches at Florida International University’s College of Medicine. They are parents of three children.

Acting U.S. Attorney Benjamin Greenberg and former U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer interviewed Whisenant for a spot in their Miami office.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...152981139.html

The FBI’s Miami office said it was aware of Whisenant’s death but not involved in the investigation.

Normally, if the death of a federal prosecutor or agent were retaliatory in nature or related to a criminal case, both the FBI and U.S. attorney’s office would be sounding the alarm and pursuing an aggressive investigation.

Words matter.

With the Hollywood police not providing any more details about his death, it remains unclear where Whisenant actually died. His body was found washing up on the shore just south of Magnolia Terrace on Hollywood beach early Wednesday by a passerby.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...avlink=SubDgst

Words matter.

THE FAR RIGHT'S FAKE NEWS STORY OF THE WEEK HAS HIJACKED THE TRAGIC DEATH OF BERANTON WHISENANT

A new conspiracy theory has captivated the far right, potentially replacing the heated interest in last summer’s murder of Seth Rich, an employee of the Democratic National Committee who was fatally shot as he was walking home from a bar in Washington, D.C. Though law enforcement officials say he was the victim of a robbery that escalated horribly to violence, self-styled internet investigators have insisted he was murdered by Democratic operatives for leaking emails that harmed the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton.

The theory, which has virtually no basis in fact, was most prominently supported by Sean Hannity of Fox News, who is said to have nearly lost his job over the matter.

According to information provided to the Miami Herald by the Hollywood Police Department, Whisenant “may have suffered a head wound caused by a possible gunshot or other type of trauma.”

His death was plainly a tragedy.

But to some, it is also a conspiracy. As the site Heat Street reported earlier this week, some of the same internet communities that promulgated the Seth Rich conspiracy theory—namely, Reddit and 4chan—are busy spinning a tale that involves the murder of Whisenant by operatives affiliated with Wasserman Schultz, the former DNC head who resigned from her position in disgrace last summer after leaked DNC emails showed her favoring Clinton over her primary rival, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.
    According to internet sleuths, Whisenant’s work into immigration fraud had led him to investigate the Awan brothers, because they are believed to have stolen vast amounts of data from members of the House of Representatives. The Awan brothers were already the subjects of feverish right-wing speculation; Whisenant’s death is, to this cohort, a compelling new plot development.
    Thus far, the Whisenant conspiracy theory seems mostly confined to the far-right communities like “the_donald,” a Reddit message board popular with supporters of President Donald Trump. “His name was Beranton J Whisenant Jr and he was murdered to cover up DNC criminal activity,” says one post. Wonders another: “Has DNC gone full mafia?

The thread was proceeding along peacefully, giving info, not "conspiracy" and as usual, it's derailed as a platform for Trump/ R hate.
    Some people want that to be the sole use of Polivent, and every thread devolves, eventually, to the same tired anti-right bs.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 06-02-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    The thread was proceeding along, giving info, not "conspiracy" and as usual, it's derailed as a platform for Trump/ R hate.
    Some people want that to be the sole use of Polivent, and every thread devolves, eventually, to the same tired anti-right bs.
    All I did was Google and link to the most recent article from a reliable source. Proceeding along, giving info.

If you're looking for a conspiracy theory perpetuated by the Liberal/Dem hate, I suggest you check out the Seth Rich thread.

I hope Mr Whisenant's murder is solved and he and his family have justice. That's my only thoughts on this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
    I hope Mr Whisenant's murder is solved and he and his family have justice. That's my only thoughts on this case.
    Me too.

The thing is, we're websleuths which means we like to gather all the information we can.

Which also means our browser histories are all over the place - serial killers, suicide, fingertip found, politics, child abuse, sex trafficking, murder, plutonium poisoning... I told my husband if I die before he does he has to smash my computer and never show anyone. Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
    Me too. Both his parents and his wife were physicians... how helpless they must be feeling.