Tiger Woods arrested for D.U.I in Florida, 2017

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Tiger Woods was arrested on Monday in Florida on a charge of drunk driving, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The 41-year-old golfer was arrested around 3am on Military Trail, south of Indian Creek Parkway in Jupiter.

Arrest information shows Woods, a resident of elite enclave of Jupiter Island, was booked into jail at 7:18am and then released on his own recognizance at 10:50am.

He faces a charge of driving with a blood alcohol level above Florida's legal limit of .08."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4552628/Tiger-Woods-arrested-DUI.html#ixzz4iUCrgPRq

Just heard it on the news - he looks really out of it.

But sad to say that is what the Florida partygoing lifestyle will do to a person. Jupiter and Palm Beach area is hardly an isolated incident we have plenty of that here in Sarasota County.

Not surprised here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's NO excuse for drinking/pills/etc (I think he was possibly on opiates) and driving, but ESPECIALLY when you have this kind of money. Come ON. Hire a driver (no pun intended).

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

"When they pulled him over, the officer smelled alcohol on Woods' breath and said that Woods became 'arrogant."

"The officer asked Woods to blow Into a breathalyzer and he refused, which in Florida results in an automatic DUI arrest and license suspension."

"The source added that Woods' team has been calling the police department all morning, asking if the cop had a body cam."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4552628/Tiger-Woods-arrested-DUI.html#ixzz4iUoIZc24

All that partying finally caught up with him! It always does. These famous people think they can do no wrong or laws don't apply to them and they can get
Out of anything .

May 29 2017, 3:19 pm ET

Tiger Woods Arrested for DUI in Florida

by Corky Siemaszko

Tiger Woods is in trouble again — this time for allegedly driving under the influence in Florida.
The once-great golfer was arrested around 3 a.m. Monday on Military Trail just south of Indian Creek Parkway in the town of Jupiter, NBC News has confirmed.

Tiger Woods' booking photo for his DUI arrest. Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
He was later released on his own recognizance, a spokesperson for Jupiter police said. It was not immediately clear whether he was allegedly under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Woods, 41, a golfing phenom whose career and marriage to Swedish model Elin Nordegren were wrecked by a sex scandal, lives about nine miles from where he was arrested on a palatial $39 million estate on Jupiter Island...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tiger-woods-arrested-dui-florida-n765816

I don't care for the "golf grunge" look :rolleyes: Sanpaku eyes, too :eek:

All that partying finally caught up with him! It always does. These famous people think they can do no wrong or laws don't apply to them and they can get
Out of anything .
Yep! And this is what makes me think he was extremely intoxicated. I hate to say it, but I think it's not exactly rare for celebrities and athletes to get away with things like this. I think there are times when it's looked over after they realize who they have pulled over. My guess is that Tiger has gotten away with this before. But certainly this time he was so messed up, no one was going to look the other way.

Totally my opinion!

Refusal to take the breathalyzer could really come back and bite Woods as the refusal penalty itself can be harsh (1 year license suspension for 1st offenders), but it also precludes you from being able to get into a diversion program and getting your record expunged:
https://www.myfloridalaw.com/criminal-defense/refusing-to-take-breathalyzer-test-in-florida/
Now instead Woods is starting the hole where he'd have to show his DUI arrest was unlawful just for him not get penalized with the breathalyzer refusal, which I don't he'll be able to do that.

We are Family of avid golf players and watchers. We lost all respect during the sex scandal. Now this. No excuse for driving under the influence. None!

Yep! And this is what makes me think he was extremely intoxicated. I hate to say it, but I think it's not exactly rare for celebrities and athletes to get away with things like this. I think there are times when it's looked over after they realize who they have pulled over. My guess is that Tiger has gotten away with this before. But certainly this time he was so messed up, no one was going to look the other way.

Totally my opinion!

I agree. Tiger also owns a bar in Jupiter, and undoubtedly has celebrity clout with the local police. I bet they let him slide a few times because he wasn't too intoxicated. But this time he was "driving erratically all over the road." Interesting that he refused the breath test. Maybe his attorney had previously told him to refuse a breath test?

We are Family of avid golf players and watchers. We lost all respect during the sex scandal. Now this. No excuse for driving under the influence. None!

There is far too much of it.

And to make matters worse I actually know a few people (they are NOT friends by any means) who have bragged about driving drunk and not getting into any scrapes. Oh and these are people who are young parents and should be at home with their young children, not attempting to hang out in bars and drinking.

Living in Florida has become a major embarrassment.

I agree. Tiger also owns a bar in Jupiter, and undoubtedly has celebrity clout with the local police. I bet they let him slide a few times because he wasn't too intoxicated. But this time he was "driving erratically all over the road." Interesting that he refused the breath test. Maybe his attorney had previously told him to refuse a breath test?
I think most attorneys would give this advice.

The previous Bachelor, Chris...??? Who recently killed someone while likely driving under the influence, has a thread here. There's some discussion about this on his thread. Sorry, I can't remember his last name at moment.

I think most attorneys would give this advice.

The previous Bachelor, Chris...??? Who recently killed someone while likely driving under the influence, has a thread here. There's some discussion about this on his thread. Sorry, I can't remember his last name at moment.

Soules

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo