878 users online (106 members and 772 guests)  

Websleuths News

Zoo Keeper seriously attacked by tiger at U.K zoo

"Hamerton Zoo has been evacuated as police and an air ambulance were called to reports of a tiger attack on a zookeeper.

Cambridgeshire Police confirmed they were called to the zoo in Sawtry at 11.15am today.

Emergency services and the zoo have dismissed reports a tiger escaped from an enclosure but have described the incident as "very serious".

It is understood a man was attacked by a tiger within an enclosure. It is not known if it was a visitor or a member of staff.

The park has closed for the rest of the day."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lance-10523563
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

A female zoo keeper has died - Sky News

May they Rest In Peace.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Oh so sad to hear that she has died. Your DM link said it was a terribly chaotic scene - employees were frantically throwing meat to the tiger in hopes of distracting it from the attack. Can't imagine how awful this was for everyone there.

As insensitive as this may appear to some, it isn't meant to be. But, please tell me the tiger has not been killed. This tiger was in its own enclosure and the keeper was obviously in the tiger's enclosure which suggests to me that the tiger was acting like a wild tiger. Some protocol was most likely missed. My heart goes out to the keeper's loved ones but I truly hope that the tiger was not put down for being a tiger.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    As insensitive as this may appear to some, it isn't meant to be. But, please tell me the tiger has not been killed. This tiger was in its own enclosure and the keeper was obviously in the tiger's enclosure which suggests to me that the tiger was acting like a wild tiger. Some protocol was most likely missed. My heart goes out to the keeper's loved ones but I truly hope that the tiger was not put down for being a tiger.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
    I haven't heard about the tiger being euthanised but will post if I see anything.

Pictured: Female zookeeper, 33, who was mauled to death by a tiger after it got into the enclosure with her in ‘freak accident’ that sent terrified visitors fleeing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4iW4CazXK